Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
not a very good option IMHO . . its better to buy a new single card than buying another old card. . if u wanna go SLI , do it right now. . or change that single card later as new cards keep coming in 6 months. .

then which board to go for a single card and which single card...

and which board for SLI and which 2 graphic card.

raviramgopal

Broken In
hi,
i am planning to buy a new system,following is config
intel e8400
wd 250gb hdd
kingston 2gb 800mhz
cooler master elite 330+psu 450w
MSI p35 neo
nvidia geforce 9600gt

i wanted to go for either a gigabyte or asus motherboard in the same range.which one do i go for.thanks in advance

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
then which board to go for a single card and which single card...

and which board for SLI and which 2 graphic card.

single card : either 8800GTS or radeon 3870x2 .board , u have asus striker 2 formula . or abit ip35 pro . or abit x38 quad gt . . .

SLI : 9600GT SLI scales very well . but if u got money to burn 8800GTS SLI . mobo , u're restricted to 790i SLI .

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
single card : either 8800GTS or radeon 3870x2 .board , u have asus striker 2 formula . or abit ip35 pro . or abit x38 quad gt . . .

SLI : 9600GT SLI scales very well . but if u got money to burn 8800GTS SLI . mobo , u're restricted to 790i SLI .

thanks... thn i will be interested in 8800gts single card with either IX38 quadGT or MSI P7N Plantinum...

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
the only reason i'm against SLI is because new cards keep coming out. rumours are now spreading that nvidia will release GT200 top end cards to replace 9800GX2 and GTX .. .heard they may be named 9900GTX and 9900GT. .now its better to change the card in 4-5 months when these newer cards come as a single newer and top end card nearly always outperforms 2 old cards in SLI .. this new card ( quadroplex has a thread in technology section ) is expected to outperform 9800GX2 easily. .

regarding the choice of mobo , u have a wider choice if u choose to opt out of SLI . consult darklord and BULLZI who are experts in the area of high end mobo's and OCing

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Darklord asked me for Abit IX38 QuadGT and ATI 3870X2... but i am not sure if that will be fine when i run 3D Max and Maya... as i have heard that it create problem while running these softwares.. .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
then u cud go with a single 8800GTS if that wont cause problems .. then get urself a top of the line card a few months later.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Darklord asked me for Abit IX38 QuadGT and ATI 3870X2... but i am not sure if that will be fine when i run 3D Max and Maya... as i have heard that it create problem while running these softwares.. .
maybe, u will get an answer to this on cgsociety
i think someone would be using the same for 3d work.

upendra_gp

In the zone
Sorry for being so much late.my exams are going on.I visited another computer shop. got some little humanly prices:) !
Abit IP35E-6400
E8400-9000
2X1GB 667Mhz Ram-2100
320GB WD HDD-3200
Acer 19" LCD-9000
LG 20X DVD Writer-1200
Logitech keyboard+mouse-750
cabinet with 480W SMPS-1400
8800GT XFX 512MB-13800 :p
9600GT 512MB XFX-11500:mad:
so what shud i go for i.e. graphics card?
also please tell me a good 2.1 speakers set in Rs.1700.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
My friend needs a new PC within Rs 30k, and I have suggested him the following
HDD : 160 GB Western Digital SATA(Rs 2000)
Monitor: Samsung 794 MG 17" CRT(Rs 4200)
Mouse & Keyboard: Microsoft/Logitech Combo(Rs 700)
Cabinet:Frontech cabinet with SMPS(Rs 1300)
Optical Drive: Liteon DVD RW 20A1P(Rs 1300)
Floppy Drive: Sony(Rs 300)
Motherboard: Intel DG965RY(Rs 4500)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500(Rs 4700)
Graphics Card: XFX GeForce 8400GS(Rs 2200)
Speaker: Altec Lansing ATP-3(Rs 2500)
Printer- (Don't Know, please suggest!)(Rs 2000)
UPS- APC 500VA (Rs 2000)
Total Rs 27700

Is this configuration good or is there something better in 30k ?
Also please suggest me a printer for him in 2k.
Also when you suggest something, please mention the price.(It should be intel)

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Which is the cheapest LCD monitor without TN panel..? I think monitors based on panels other than TN such as MVA, PVA etc. come in min. 20" size... Are they good for video editing? Which LCD monitor will you folks suggest for colour related work? Don't want much larger size, 20/22" is ok for me (bcos beyond that size price also increases).. I want colour perfection as much as possible. Do LCDs in 20/22 inch category (build on panel other than TN) meet the colour production of CRT?

Reply... :)

nil1982

Which is the cheapest LCD monitor without TN panel..? I think monitors based on panels other than TN such as MVA, PVA etc. come in min. 20" size... Are they good for video editing? Which LCD monitor will you folks suggest for colour related work? Don't want much larger size, 20/22" is ok for me (bcos beyond that size price also increases).. I want colour perfection as much as possible. Do LCDs in 20/22 inch category (build on panel other than TN) meet the colour production of CRT?

Reply... :)

As far as I know, in India Dell 2007WFP UltraSharpTM & Dell UltraSharpTM 2007FP.
See this for details.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Howdy all!!

My buddy wants to buy the following

Processor
A Motherboard
RAM
Video Card
Dvd Writer

His budget is 25 K, and he loves playing latest games and all.

I would love to have a suggestion from you people on , whats the best combination would be ?

Also :p I am planning to buy an External DVDWriter. Which Brand and model should I go for :D My Laptop's DVD RW had conked out on me !! :x

Thank you in advance for your time!

Regards.

Last edited:

channabasanna

In the zone
I got the cost of ASUS Maximus Formula board from my dealer. It costs Rs 14500 in bangalore, Also can anyone suggest a good SLI board with PCI-E version 2.0. My budget is within 15000 for motherboard. My total budget is 35000 INR for processor Q6600, mobo, cabinet, RAM (2GB Kingston 800MHz DDR2), CM RP600 SMPS.

I am planning to buy CM Elite 330 cabinet, but when i buy a new Graphics Card will the Cabinet support the New nvidia cards length. Also how is NXZT Alpha Black Cabinet.

Do tell me which is better. Also tell me the cost of the above 2 cabinets.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
As far as I know, in India Dell 2007WFP UltraSharpTM & Dell UltraSharpTM 2007FP.
See this for details.

Yes, thanks for the info. But the response time is 16ms!!!:eek: Isn't that too looooong? There will be ghosting for fast motion scenes from movies and won't be suitable even for light gaming... BTW just a question- are TN panels really bad in colour production? I don't consider the narrow viewing angle of them because I don't think that will practically going to affect me. So colour quality is what I concern. So TN panels are really bad in colours reproduction?

nil1982

Yes, thanks for the info. But the response time is 16ms!!!:eek: Isn't that too looooong?

That's the normal response time for 8 bit panels (14-16ms). Even excellent and very expensive Apple Cinema Displays have 14ms response time.
*www.apple.com/displays/specs.html
Find reviews on these DELL models and see what people/experts say. I have read a lot and most of the people are happy.
About colour quality of TN panels, I am not the right person to pass a comment. Wait for real experts to reply.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
That's the normal response time for 8 bit panels (14-16ms). Even excellent and very expensive Apple Cinema Displays have 14ms response time.
*www.apple.com/displays/specs.html

So will that cause ghosting even while light gaming and for movies fast action scenes (mostly 720p) ??

nil1982

So will that cause ghosting even while light gaming and for movies fast action scenes (mostly 720p) ??

This can be answered only by someone with hand on experience. So I am not the right person. But @ 16ms response time, videos, games up to 60-62fps frame rate should run without any ghosting issues. Experts correct me if I am wrong.
I have read a useful review on DELL 2007WFP on another Indian hardware forum that may be useful for you too, but I don't know if posting the link of another hardware forum is allowed here or not.

Last edited:

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Thanks nil1982..... Please someone clear my doubts.

** 16ms will cause lag/blur or ghosting effect while watching fast motion scenes in (720p) movies?

** The new TN panels give equally good colour production as compared to S-IPS or other panels?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom