Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ankitsagwekar

noob here plz tell me diffrent between pci-e 16x vs pci-e 2.0 ?
which is better ?

sivarap

In the zone
I am a noob.....How do i compare ABiT IP35-E and XFX 630i 7150?
I see that there are three variants of ABiT IP-35 (pro, E, and " ")...whts the diference?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Ohh... So I must have gfx card.. Budget increased :( :(

By the way... Doesn't even 1 motherboard in 5k-10k support monitor out ??
thats why i asked u whether u own a gfx card or not in the very first post :)

no none of the mobos above 5k have monitor out.there might be some board by intel that has it but they would be too much outdated ones.u can use your FX5200 if its PCI ? and later buy a new card.

I am a noob.....How do i compare ABiT IP35-E and XFX 630i 7150?
I see that there are three variants of ABiT IP-35 (pro, E, and " ")...whts the diference?

XFX 630i 7150 is a mid-low entry level board with onboard graphics , no dual channel ram.IP35-E has has no onboard gfx and has dual channel ram , a better chipset than 630i.IP35 pro is the guru with crossfire support and great overcloking ability..now, ur budget :cool: ?

Last edited:

sagardani

Lost in LOST
thats why i asked u whether u own a gfx card or not in the very first post :)

no none of the mobos above 5k have monitor out.there might be some board by intel that has it but they would be too much outdated ones.u can use your FX5200 if its PCI ? and later buy a new card.

I guess its not possible because its AGP and I think none of the listed mobo provides outdated AGP slot... May be right now I'll have to buy temporary one just for connecting monitor... SO which is the cheapest gfx card on which I can watch HD films...?

sivarap

In the zone
XFX 630i 7150 is a mid-low entry level board with onboard graphics , no dual channel ram.IP35-E has has no onboard gfx and has dual channel ram , a better chipset than 630i.IP35 pro is the guru with crossfire support and great overcloking ability..now, ur budget :cool: ?

ok now....so i need an external gfx card if i need IP35-E?

The quote given in a shop in chennai is

Core2 duo 2.2ghz (should be E4500 not sure) ----- 4600
945 GCNL motherboard ---- 3150
1GB ddr2 ram ----- 900
160gb sata ---- 1950
cabinet ----- 950
Logitec keyboard&mouse --- 550

Its only the motherboard part that confuses me a lot.....Hows that 945GCNL motherboard..... How to compare motherboards?.....I know its in the forum somewhere...but am not able to find out.... :|

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
I guess its not possible because its AGP and I think none of the listed mobo provides outdated AGP slot... May be right now I'll have to buy temporary one just for connecting monitor... SO which is the cheapest gfx card on which I can watch HD films...?
u should get a cheapo 7300le,gs or 6200 series card and a DVI to HDMI dongle.

^^u say its outdated...in what way? how is the 630i or the P35 superior over the 945?
every way :cool:
memory/FSB/performance-u name it
that XFX 630i is a good board if u wanna go with onboard gfx.otherwise IP35-E and a gfx card

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
ok now....so i need an external gfx card if i need IP35-E?

The quote given in a shop in chennai is

Core2 duo 2.2ghz (should be E4500 not sure) ----- 4600
945 GCNL motherboard ---- 3150
1GB ddr2 ram ----- 900
160gb sata ---- 1950
cabinet ----- 950
Logitec keyboard&mouse --- 550

Its only the motherboard part that confuses me a lot.....Hows that 945GCNL motherboard..... How to compare motherboards?.....I know its in the forum somewhere...but am not able to find out.... :|

dont even think bout getting a 945 based board.it sux bigtime.i'm using a 945 chipset based Gigabyte mobo and just pissed off ith its performance.anyways shall get the IP35-E 2morrow.if i aint satisfied with it then i'll go for IX38-Quad GT.:)

sivarap

In the zone
thanks all for the suggestions...I am having difficulty finding it in chennai.....

btw....hows that xfx 650i? as far as i see...the only difference is that it doesn't have an onboard grafix card...even it doesn't support dual channel?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
xfx 650i supports dual channel mem .. instead of that u can get a abit ip35e mobo. both dont have onboard gfx. .but abit ip35e performs better.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Can anyone tell me how is XFX 780i Sli board... i will using Q6600 on that with 4GB 800MHz Ram... with XFX 8800GTS card... i just want to how is the MOBO and the Card

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ is XFX 780i officially available in india?

u can read the review here but since i've tried the board myself there's nothing beyond some new features-the board is not an awesome performer but yea its better than 680i.its better to wait for some 790i with DDR3
but you shoud just buy a P5N32E sli

*www.legitreviews.com/article/616/1/

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
xfx 650i supports dual channel mem .. instead of that u can get a abit ip35e mobo. both dont have onboard gfx. .but abit ip35e performs better.

mate....you wont get xfs 650i/630i based chipset mobos...you may get this one..i think i have seen this @ delta peripherals.

*www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2689

Also they may not understand if you ask for 630i chipset..mention that you want to buy nvidia 7150/7050 onboard video mobo...
Note 7050 comes with 610i chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom