Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I 'de suggest a 350W PSU which will be sufficient to run this config.

well now days u would have 400 or 450 watts coming as default with cabinet at Rs. 1200/- for Cabi + SMPS... but fact is that 450 wont give more than 350 watts on load :lol:

And buy those EE or BE processors from AMD they draw only 45W power and same as the other processors!

whats the price at ur place ?? as its unfortunate that BE range is available though really hard to come buy but actually its costlier than X2 range :lol:

Edburg

In the zone
@choto
yeah 650i is 4.9k alright but its a rather old chipset(already nearing nvidia 780/750 launch) with some heating issues and for 6.3k i think the abit ip35-e will be a better buy as it retains compatibility with penryn and overclock better.....

and also any info on when the tri-core processors from AMD launch or the penryn processors from intel ???

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Edburg said:
@choto
yeah 650i is 4.9k alright but its a rather old chipset(already nearing nvidia 780/750 launch) with some heating issues and for 6.3k i think the abit ip35-e will be a better buy as it retains compatibility with penryn and overclock better.....

and also any info on when the tri-core processors from AMD launch or the penryn processors from intel ???

Hopefully first quater of 2008!

Choto Cheeta said:
well now days u would have 400 or 450 watts coming as default with cabinet at Rs. 1200/- for Cabi + SMPS... but fact is that 450 wont give more than 350 watts on load :lol:

whats the price at ur place ?? as its unfortunate that BE range is available though really hard to come buy but actually its costlier than X2 range :lol:

I was telling that 350 Watt will be sufficient for this config because of the huge electricity bills.
My cooler master 430 W Extreme is real pain in the butt if i run my System 24/7

I never saw that BE edition either. But the EE editon is available in Nehru Place, New Delhi.....donno the price but its less power consuming that regular ones!

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
Choto Cheeta said:
AMD Sempron 3200+ AM2 @ Rs. 1100 /- + TAX
BIOSTAR / ASUS / MSI (K9MM-V) VIA Chipset based board supporting 4 SATA @ Rs. 1650 /- + TAX
512 MB DDR-II 667 MHz @ ?
Cabinet + SMPS (Default 450 watts) @ Rs. 1200 /- + TAX
Monitor ?

Hi Saurav
Can you Pls help my Friend for his PC
He need a Very Very Very Very Cheap PC
I was thinking for the above mentioned but he alread has
Intel 2.8Ghz Processor and 80GB PATA HDD, Keyboard, Mouse
So need rest of the thing which ever is cheapest
and hence monitor is costly he will try to get a Second Hand Monitor

Dont think of Any Performance
He only need to run Internet Explorer and nothing else
hahaha :D

Pls help once more...

bnaresh84

Right off the assembly line
Budget of 35k

I would like to build a decent gaming PC with 35k as budget

Please suggest the best available options. I already have a good LCD monitor (View Sonic vx194wm)

My personal liking is this:

2 GB RAM
NVIDIA 8600 GT
C2D e6750
250 GB HDD
Vista Home premium
Need mother board suggestion
Need CPU case suggestion

Please let me know if I can get this configuration for 35k

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude...since u already mentioned the name...so i shouldn't give my opinion...but heck.....i will still give! LOL!
Just Kidding!!!

Really cheap means......tell him to buy a used computer....it will come in cheap and also fulfill his requirement.

One shouldn't buy the new stuff or expensive stuff when u have less requirement!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@satyamy
HCL 15" CRT 3.3k
Zebronics cabby low end: 0.8k
DVD Rom: 0.8k
256 DDR2: 0.4k

And u can't get mobo for p4 2.8 if its not LGA socket. oes it have pins on it?If yes, then no mobos are availale fo da proccy.
If it is pinless, then get a low end 915 based mobo.

Edburg

In the zone
aravind_n20 said:
And u can't get mobo for p4 2.8 if its not LGA socket. oes it have pins on it?If yes, then no mobos are availale fo da proccy.
If it is pinless, then get a low end 915 based mobo.

I just got a Zebronics 845GV mobo for my aging P4 2.4GHz socket 478 pin......but i agree it is piontless to buy that now(came to know only after getting it)....

it costs 2.2k.....its the only board avcailable for 478 pin now.....but the board is crappy and no support at all....especially after having used intel G865GBF board

frontech

Right off the assembly line
Charan said:
What was the total cost? can you please give us specs of processor and mobo.
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Q6600 Processor

INTEL D975XBX2

liteon 1330

seagtae 2000

ram 3330

cabinet

i already have 17'' lcd monitor (hp)

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
chotobhai please check post no.1130.
is the price of 13k good for Q6600?
which shud I consider buying choto Q6600 or E6750

Q6600 should be around Rs. 11200/- + TAX (4% VAT)... thats what it is in Kolkata...

E6750 is Rs. 7800/- + TAX...

so they are not same when u compare them with price how ever E6850 is Rs. 11500/- + TAX ...

now I would say E6850 is more OC friendly where as Q6600 is a Quad Core processor... at present there are not much Apps or OS which can use the C2Q properlly so if u are not thinking for the future i would say then E6850 is what u should eye...

but if you are buying a system which u want to use for another 3 years without processor I would say think for the C2Q then :)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Besides the Q6600 shows some really good results compared to PHENOM X4!

I must say that AMD is nor showing what it is supposed to!

Intel is still leading the war!

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Dude if u are planning to run CRISIS in high resolution or maxed out settings....then i gotta tell u that even 8800 GTS also fails to give decent frame rates!

But if u plan to play in medium or low settings then 8600 GT is not a bad deal at all!

xsreality

Broken In
i m planning on buying ASUS P5N-E SLI with E6700... i need a gud grfx card around 8-9k so that i can play games like NFS Carbon...

which grfx card wud u suggest? XFX 8600GT is on my mind but is there any other better alternative to it in 8-9k?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
^^Yes you can opt for XFX 8600GT fatility which is available from Rashi Peripherals for 9k.Else you can go for XFX 8600GT XXX which will be available for 8.5k

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
We can easily expect nvidia to revise its midrange cards too.So expect new line of Geforce 8600/8700 based G94 graphics cards at a much cheaper price and more performance.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i m planning on buying ASUS P5N-E SLI with E6700... i need a gud grfx card around 8-9k so that i can play games like NFS Carbon...

which grfx card wud u suggest? XFX 8600GT is on my mind but is there any other better alternative to it in 8-9k?

I wuld ask you to change the plan a little....

yes stick with C2D but just few alteration...

I would say with your budget look in to this,

E6550
XFX 650i Ultra

now this 2 will allow budget to ctach a XFX 8800 GT 512 MB which is Rs. 13000/- + TAX :)

thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom