Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ Yea Biostar P35 .. +1 .. But it has one problem with Gigabit lan .. 48% CPU usage.. which I dont think will be a problem cause not many home users use gigabit lan.

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Charan said:
^^^ Yea Biostar P35 .. +1 .. But it has one problem with Gigabit lan .. 48% CPU usage.. which I dont think will be a problem cause not many home users use gigabit lan.

Again..prob is that it's not MicroATX. I have a nice microatx cabinet which I dont want to throw away..thats why I'm insisting on a microatx mobo.

lnkrishnan

Broken In
Folks, can somebody please help me with a suggestion for an AGP based motherboard preferably supporting AMD 3200+ XP processor??? Thanks for your help.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Why do you need a AGP supporting motherboard??
I dont think you can get a new motherboard that supports AGP these days..
You need to get a second hand motherboard.

sarulan

Broken In
Posting from Hardware Trouble shooting forum.....

I have started building mATX HTPC for my Movie collection.

Here are the specs

mATX case: Antec NSK2400 “Media Center” - Rs 7000
*www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=92400
Review : *www.virtual-hideout.net/revie...00/index.shtml
Price:7000

mATX Mother Board
ASRock 1333FullHD, Intel LGA775, 1333FSB,upto 8GB, ATi X1250, PCIEx16, DVI, 7.1 ch HD audio
*www.asrock.com/mb/overview.as...ORE1333-FULLHD
Review: *www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3072&p=5
Review: *www.virtual-hideout.net/revie...HD/index.shtml
Price:6500

Cpu : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 stepping
Review: *www.tomshardware.co.uk/Intel-...iew-29731.html
Review: *anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/int...spx?i=3038&p=8
Torn between E6750/6850 v/s Q6600 finally opted for Quad core.
price:11500

Ram: DDR2 2GB PC6400 DUAL C4 OCZ
CL 4-4-4-15 Timing with Heat sinks
price:4000

Harddisk: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500GB -
Specs: 500GB, 7,200rpm, 16MB Buffer, SATA 300MBps Interface
price:6500

DVDwriter: Flick from my existing system NEC DVD+-RW/DL
price:Free

Total Price: 35,500

Going to take my time to build this one.

This is mainly for hdtv movies to be played on my LG LCD TV.

I am waiting for ATI HD3850 or Nvidia Geforce8800GT 256MB to come in Rs10,000 price range ( which will happen by christmas), then this system can be used as gaming pc. (Although I dont have much time nowadays to play games, Hl2 ep2 has come, so waiting to play it )

Also waiting for HD-DVD drive to become affordable(Rs 10,000 range)

upendra_gp

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
how about ASUS P5B premium, price 11K
pathiks said:
@upendra
asus p5n 32e sli
or asus p5k3 dlx or get a asus p5e3 dlx.. But it may be costly
Thanks for the suggestionjs but I have a budget of only 7-8k.
Rest of my system will be
E6750/Q6600
2GB 667 MHz RAM 3000
160GB hdd 2500
Cabinet 1400
Creative Speakers(may become optional) 1400
I have indicated the costs so please suggest me good one with overclocking capabilities for the proccys and please give the price too!
My budget is 25k. I have old DVD-writer. Also please suggest one with good onboard graphics such that it wud play gaes like crysis atleast at low settings.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
sarulan said:
mATX case: Antec NSK2400 “Media Center” - Rs 7000
*www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=92400
Review : *www.virtual-hideout.net/revie...00/index.shtml
Price:7000

Instead of NSK 2400 why don't you go for Antec Fusion Black 430?
Quote "The Fusion Black 430 comes with a 430 Watt power supply and features an IR receiver that is compatible with Windows MCE & VISTA and an LCD display and a volume control knob, giving you full control over all your media in just one case."

If it were available when I did my MC PC, I would have gone for this.I have the plain Fusion 430 w/o the built-in IR receiver and hence using an external IR receiver that came with the mediacenter remote.

The black 430 is available in India for around Rs 11000/

sarulan

Broken In
Ponmayilal said:
Instead of NSK 2400 why don't you go for Antec Fusion Black 430?
Quote "The Fusion Black 430 comes with a 430 Watt power supply and features an IR receiver that is compatible with Windows MCE & VISTA and an LCD display and a volume control knob, giving you full control over all your media in just one case."

If it were available when I did my MC PC, I would have gone for this.I have the plain Fusion 430 w/o the built-in IR receiver and hence using an external IR receiver that came with the mediacenter remote.

The black 430 is available in India for around Rs 11000/

Some how I think It is little costly :) I was looking for Apevia qpack *www.apevia.com/product.php?pid=220 But it was costing around Rs 8000+ with shipping to India.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
^ Look at this! When you are spending as much as Rs.11500/ on an Intel Quad core processor, as if you can't spend another Rs 4000/ on the cabinet. Anyways its all your choice. But one thing is certain. If you are going to take your time, by that time many things would have changed and I am sure you will have to and will revise your configuration:) BTW where will you get the OCZ modules from? Just curious.I do faintly remember that Prime AGGB had them on their website.Not sure though.

frontech

Right off the assembly line
i bought quadcore
intel motherboard
2 gb ddr ram
160 gb hd
liteon dvd writer
creative 2.1 speakers

warehouse

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Ponmayilal said:
^ Look at this! When you are spending as much as Rs.11500/ on an Intel Quad core processor, as if you can't spend another Rs 4000/ on the cabinet. Anyways its all your choice. But one thing is certain. If you are going to take your time, by that time many things would have changed and I am sure you will have to and will revise your configuration:) BTW where will you get the OCZ modules from? Just curious.I do faintly remember that Prime AGGB had them on their website.Not sure though.

Corsair, Gskill etc. @ prime and
OCZ, Corsair etc. @ yantra

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
frontech said:
i bought quadcore
intel motherboard
2 gb ddr ram
160 gb hd
liteon dvd writer
creative 2.1 speakers

warehouse
What was the total cost? can you please give us specs of processor and mobo.

sarulan

Broken In
Ponmayilal said:
I have asked one of my friend to buy it from US (app $100 for 2GB)

sarulan

Broken In
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Where did u find OCZ so cheap in India!
I have asked one of my friend to buy it from US (app $100 for 2GB)

sarulan said:
Some how I think It is little costly :) I was looking for Apevia qpack *www.apevia.com/product.php?pid=220 But it was costing around Rs 8000+ with shipping to India.

I went ahead and bit the bullet. Ordered the Apevia case online & got it shipped. It arrived today with Rs1350 customs duty making the total to be Rs9000 :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom