Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
The ASUS P5-VM now supports 1333Mhz FSB,checked the site,the bios has been updated.Will it be a good overclocker.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Harvik780 said:
The ASUS P5-VM now supports 1333Mhz FSB,checked the site,the bios has been updated.Will it be a good overclocker.

P5B-VM and P5K-VM are to different board :p

:lol:

which one u are talking about ???

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
premsharma said:
This board has only one p/s 2 port, so u have to have usb mouse. In that case why not MSI G33 Neo or MSI G33 Platinum. your sugestion please

if you dont mind can u please eloborate ur neds and what else hardware u plan to run.. with ur Budget, that would be easy to judget which board would be good for ur use !!!

:)

Harvik780 said:

I already wrote, Intel replaced G965 with G33, ASUS P5B-VM is a G965 based board... its good over clocker but better option is ASUS P5K-VM which is G33 based board and its better :D

P5K-VM is Rs. 7200/- + TAX :D

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
if you dont mind can u please eloborate ur neds and what else hardware u plan to run.. with ur Budget, that would be easy to judget which board would be good for ur use !!!

I already wrote, Intel replaced G965 with G33, ASUS P5B-VM is a G965 based board... its good over clocker but better option is ASUS P5K-VM which is G33 based board and its better :D

P5K-VM is Rs. 7200/- + TAX :D
Ok i'll go for P5K-VM.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Harvik780 said:
Ok i'll go for P5K-VM.

Its comes with Native support for FSB 1333 Processors :D

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=542&l4=0&model=1690&modelmenu=2

but try and see if u can find the ATX version of it.. that P5K-V :D se whats the price for it...

premsharma

In the zone
My requirement is ATX board in G33, with which i will combine intel C2D 6XXX series processors [not decided yet]. I have 2GB of kingston RAM 667 mhz, which i will upgrade to 800 mhz of kingston or corsair. I don't want that asus board which you suggested because that has only one p/s 2. Budget within 9000 or so

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@premsharma

Dont mind Just discussing few points with u... whats the Special Reason with G33 and ATX...

In todays board format, with ATX u will have Crosfire or SLi, without ATX u would have single PCI-E... few ATX boards has one extra PCI slot... but now days u have onboard LAN / IEEE / USB and no one needs Modem :lol: so 2 PCI Slots are enough...

So whats the SPecial Reason for G33 ??

now for rest config... why dont u consider XFX 650i Ultra (4.8k + TAX) + XFX 8400 GS (2.5k + TAX) ??

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
Its comes with Native support for FSB 1333 Processors :D

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=542&l4=0&model=1690&modelmenu=2

but try and see if u can find the ATX version of it.. that P5K-V :D se whats the price for it...
I could not find the price for p5k-V.
Checked at price guru and itwares.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Harvik780 said:
I could not find the price for p5k-V.
Checked at price guru and itwares.

No No, I requested you to check at local market at Mumbai (u are at mumbai right ??) its not a very populer board because of the availibility but some time when u search locally u see few may have stock for it... this one comes with Crossfire :D and its a Good Over Clocker too :D check here,

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=542&l4=0&model=1652&modelmenu=1

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
No No, I requested you to check at local market at Mumbai (u are at mumbai right ??) its not a very populer board because of the availibility but some time when u search locally u see few may have stock for it... this one comes with Crossfire :D and its a Good Over Clocker too :D check here,

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=542&l4=0&model=1652&modelmenu=1
No I am not in Mumbai,:D
Well but i'll check if rashi can source it for me as they deal in asus products.If I am correct it should cost Rs6200+tax.
And I am glad that it has crosfire.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Choto Cheeta said:
@Harvik780

Do post the price.. as because of non availibility here at Kolkata its touching over 8k :lol:
I'll post the price tomorrow when i call rashi.
Well i bought these from asus last time which were not available in here but they didn't raise the price a bit and sourced them for me from abroad and the main godown.
Mobo-P5N32-E SLI
GFX-8800GTS 640MB

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Reena said:
Which cpu is better c2d E6750, C2D E6850 or Quad core 6600? I need to use the pc for graphic animations music autocad...2 gb or 4gb ram wud be required? and which motherboard with particular processor.. thanks pls reply as soon as possible..

Please mentioned ur full budget, and do u need a full PC configuration ?? i mean Monitor + CPU + UPS or just the CPU (Proy + Mobo + Card) ??

Sorry I missed the post...

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Ok choto I called tirupati and rashi.Rashi said that P5K-V is not the list of motherboards they deal with.This is what i have been told
P5K-V not available
P5K-VM -Rs8500+Tax
P5K-C -Rs9900+Tax(reported as a replacement for P5K-V)
Gecube HD2900XT-Rs 25000+Tax(Reported by tirupati)
Msi HD2900XT -Not available

I have changed my mind about the GFX card,i'll be going for point of view Geforce 8800GTS 320MB from tirupati.

Thanks again choto.

Reena

Broken In
Well i dont need speaker..or sound card rite now...or key brd and mouse can do..and budget i wanna try to keep it betw 50k to 55k if possible.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
50k Need Heavy Auto Cad...

as for ur needs u said here and in Yahoo IM... this is what I feel would be best for u in my opinion...

19" CRT Non Wide Screen Display @ Rs. 8000/- + TAX
Q6600 @ Rs. 12500/- + TAX
ASUS P5K-C @ Rs. 8500/- + TAX
4 GB DDR-II 800 MHz @ Rs. 8000/- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II 16 MB Buffer @ Rs. 2600/- + TAX
XFX 8600 GT 256 MB GDDR3 @ Rs. 6700/- + TAX
Any Large Cabinet with Good Ventilation + PowerSafe / Zebronics / ColorSit 500 Watts @ Rs. 2200/- + TAX
APC 650 VA @ Rs. 2500/- + TAX

TAX Rs. 2040 at 4% VAT (Kolkata)

Total 53040

For auto Cad I think Q6600 is good...

U will need Non Wide screen Large high resolution display so think of that 19" CRT over any LCD i would say.... Not sure about the brand as in Kolkata, mainly dealers are pushing AOC / SAMSUNG for 19"...

Well I would say consider P5K-C over P5N32-e SLi :D but try to get ATi 2600 sereais card over Nviodia 8600 :D 8600 would worn just fine, but its better u put a ATi Card under that hood :D see if u can find the ATi Counter part of nvidia 8600, price would be around 1k high for 8600 which i mentioned but u should go for that :D

S!D

Monster Truck
I have an ASUS M2A-VM.
As u know, the onboard chip is ATI.
I plan to get a 1GB module and a decent GFX Card after pujas.
I was planning to go for the 8600GT, but I heard somewhere that it might conflict with the chipset. Shud I rather go in for an ATI card, if so..then I have no clue abt ATI cards..please suggest a few.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Does any body know whether XFX 650i Ultra and XFX 8600 GT is supported in Fedora ?. If yes can someone tell where can i get the drivers?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Yeah they are, for both visit here, *www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html and here, *www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom