Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Why not wait 5-6 more months. Putting in an AGP card, will hardly breathe more life into your system.
m in waiting for next 5-6 months 2 get New Good PC
but m eager 2 use windows 7 which is currently not performing well in my PC

eg. simple games like Counter Strike 1.6 run fine on my system in WinXp :) but give Graphics Card error in Windows 7 :(

so was just thinking....

but if digitians disagree than i will leave the idea

please suggest me wht to do ? :-?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Okay..sure...

If you are willing to take the hit for an AGP card, sure you can. Not sure of the GPU requirements for CS 1.6.

Just remember down the line, if you sell your rig, you will not harvest much for the AGP card, even if it is 5-6 months old.

I would wait ( ya it is irritating to wait ), and then later on get a full blown high end rig.

Krow

Crowman
Waiting is the best option here. Play CS on XP man. No need to upgrade H/W for W7. What a sh1t blackmailing tactic by M$. If you wanna use 7, upgrade H/W. Shame. Even though I like the OS, I dislike this upgrade or get lost attitude.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Yea, true. But we have to understand that the Win7 offers a lot of advancements in graphics technology. To use that, we cannot hope and try it will run on hardware at least 4-5 years old. No offense to Satyamy here.

Vista was a useless resource hog, but Windows 7 is absolutely great. I just installed Win7 - Ultimate 64x last night. And wow, it is really great. Really light, and quicker than XP. Imagine -- not even one motherboard driver had to be installed (Except RealTEK sound) . All are embedded.

Did we not all upgrade our mobile phones when stuff like GPRS/MMS/net connectivity come out. Did we not all upgrade to colored televisions once upon a time....! :)

But for Satyamy, best would be to hold his horses for 4-5 months, and then get a better rig. Make do with XP for now. I changed last night after 6-7 years of XP....!

itisravishankar

tech master
If you have to upgrade to win7 now and would be using the card for 5-6 months, i would advise you to get a second hand 8500/8600gt from somewhere. The money saved here can be used to get a better card later.

satyamy

Alive Again...
I m not addicted to game, that was just eg.
yes currently using Dual WinXP & 7, using 7 just for fun and knowledge all work takes place only in XP

Okie....

As You all Said, Now I hav dropped the idea n will wait for the new PC hope till than win7 will also drop its price, currently its high

Thanks All :D

prvprv

Journeyman
Hello friends

Please suggest a AMD Config which is equal to the following Intel PC

Intel C2D E7500 (2.93Ghz) @ 5.7 k
Gigabyte EG31ME - S2L @ 2.5k
1+1 GB Transcend DDR2 RAM @ 2.2k
ATI 4350 Gfx card @ 2k

Total = 12.4k

If I want to use that amount for an AMD Rig, what would be the good config?
for that same amount we can get more speed in AMD right?
What will be the pros and cons of these 2 configs?
Enlighten me:-o

Anubis

Courage to Know
PhenomII X2 550 - 5.2k / Athlon II x4 620 - 5.3k
MSI 785GM-E51 - 4.6k ( DDR3 mobo ) ( onboard HD 4200 is a very good IGP. Plays HD with eaze and directX 10.1 complaint)
Transcend 2gb DDR3 1333 - 2.4k
Total - 12.2k

Its much better than the Intel Rig anyday.

Moreover you can unlock Phenom II x2 550 to Phenom II x4 955 with right proccy batch nos.

If gaming is your priority then Phenom II x2 550 which can be can unlocked to Phenom II x4 955 with right proccy batch nos and it has extra L3 cache which give performance boost in games

itisravishankar

tech master
An advice to all those going for p55 setups, please dont buy the boards currently available. boards with USB 3.0 and SATA 6gpbs support have started to appear. you would rather wait for 10-15 days than regretting afterwards. And you dont have to pay any extra premium for these features, at least in gigabyte boards. the cheapest one is GA-P55A-UD3 which will be replacing GA-P55-UD3 and should be available in india at 8.5-9k. [Notice the A after P55 in the name. This represents the availability of these features and will be applicable to all socket boards].

Similar case for X58/790fx/790gx boards.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
An advice to all those going for p55 setups, please dont buy the boards currently available. boards with USB 3.0 and SATA 6gpbs support have started to appear. you would rather wait for 10-15 days than regretting afterwards. And you dont have to pay any extra premium for these features, at least in gigabyte boards. the cheapest one is GA-P55A-UD3 which will be replacing GA-P55-UD3 and should be available in india at 8.5-9k. [Notice the A after P55 in the name. This represents the availability of these features and will be applicable to all socket boards].

Similar case for X58/790fx/790gx boards.
I had opted for gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 now what........:x

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Come on...! :)
USB 3.0 is not the main thing in a computer. You can make-do with a 2.0. The 'core' product is the chipset and socket -- which is still P55/i5. :)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
we dont have 3.0 yet but will be there soon, but the point is .. it will take 6 months to see the right picture here, there are no usb 3.0 products yet and when boards will come it will be expensive.
take a look at eSata we should have been buying those by now, but its so fkin expensive that we still buy the 1TB External with usb2.0 .. estata is more than 2k expensive who buy that only the one who know. and how long it has been since the eSata first came .. its frustrating at times.. I need to buy one more HDD now my harddisk is damm full man, but eStat .. wtf.
i think its a 6 month thing not a 2 week one. usb 3.0 is the future for sure and we need one, usb 2.0 is damm slow.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom