Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
A 600VA UPS can provide around 10 mins of backup which is enough for saving work and shutting down! 1100VA UPS's are a bit of an overkill for normal home use.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
A 600VA UPS can provide around 10 mins of backup which is enough for saving work and shutting down! 1100VA UPS's are a bit of an overkill for normal home use.

a 650VA UPS can give 10 minute backup only for a highly efficient 450W PSU. you have a 500W or higher PSU, you better have a UPS with higher rating.

layzee

■■■■■■
If you Overclock much, then the unlocked multiplier of BE(955) helps a bit, otherwise 945 is a better option as 1k price difference between 945 and 955BE is not justified by 200MHz clock difference. Note that 945 has its multiplier locked, whereas 955BE has it unlocked.

*www.guru3d.com/article/amd-phenom-x4-945-and-955be-processor-review-test/7

The little extra that you pay for the 955BE is well worth it specially considering the OCing fun. But then investment in a 3rd party cooler and good case fans will be extra additions. In any case the 945 OC-es good as well if you buy a decent board and RAM.

shadpow

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys... ,

Thanx for all of your support. I have bought PC with following Config:
AMD Phenom X2 965 Black edition( 3.4gGhz) +Mother board Asus = 24k
6 Gb DDR3 Ram 1600 FSb Gskill: 9K
HDD Western Digital 32mb buffer 1T: 4.2K
DVD RW: 1.1K
SMPS Coller master: 2.9K
Cabinet: 2.2K
Samsung 933 LCD wide screen: 6.5K

Graphics Card I will buy Nxt mnth was low on budget...
Suggest me a gud one upto 11K

CATALU/\/A

Soccer Aficionado
^Mobo for OCing is MSI 790GX - GD65 @ 7.2k. Even Gigabyte MA785GMTUD2H @ 5.5k will do well, but MSI is better. For onboard gfx, Gigabyte is better. Its 500GB WD Blue @ 2.5k.

Why do you need the GlacialPower PSU for onboard GFX? Do you plan to add a gfx card later?

Yes, I plan to add an ATI 5xxx or a Nvidia fermi card later.
I think I should go for Gigabyte MA785GMTUD2H @ 5.5k

Thanks, great work!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi Guys... ,

Thanx for all of your support. I have bought PC with following Config:
AMD Phenom X2 965 Black edition( 3.4gGhz) +Mother board Asus = 24k
6 Gb DDR3 Ram 1600 FSb Gskill: 9K
HDD Western Digital 32mb buffer 1T: 4.2K
DVD RW: 1.1K
SMPS Coller master: 2.9K
Cabinet: 2.2K
Samsung 933 LCD wide screen: 6.5K

Graphics Card I will buy Nxt mnth was low on budget...
Suggest me a gud one upto 11K

Powercolor HD4890 1GB DDR5 @ 11890 (pre taxes)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
^^ By the way..what is the PSU rating..?

Last edited:

shadpow

Right off the assembly line
Powercolor HD4890 1GB DDR5 @ 11890 (pre taxes)
Posted again:
^^ By the way..what is the PSU rating..?

just Forgot to mention that, Its 500 W

punkkummander

Broken In
and regarding th cm elite 335. it comes with only 1 fan at the back. how many more fans should i install to get optimal airflow so that a 4870 gfx card remains cool

Krow

Crowman
You can install one 120mm fan in front of the HDD's, to keep them cool. Get the vapor-x version of Sapphire 4870. Comes with better cooler to ensure that GPU remains cool. Cabinet fans don't help half as much as a great GPU cooler.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
just Forgot to mention that, Its 500 W

Ya, you should be fine to go then.

and regarding th cm elite 335. it comes with only 1 fan at the back. how many more fans should i install to get optimal airflow so that a 4870 gfx card remains cool

Put a 120mm in the front (pull), and put a 120mm at the back (push). This is the most you can do.
Posted again:
You can install one 120mm fan in front of the HDD's, to keep them cool. Get the vapor-x version of Sapphire 4870. Comes with better cooler to ensure that GPU remains cool. Cabinet fans don't help half as much as a great GPU cooler.

Even the stock one will keep him fine. As long as he does not OC his GPU. The 4870/4890s do run hot, but are manageable within stock hardware. The cabinet fans will insure a constant flow of fresh air.

Last edited:

punkkummander

Broken In
hey ive installed my new hdd..its a 500gig wd green..while installing win 7 for the first time on my sys i crapped up my partitions ad now all i see is around 400gig and around 50 gigs missing. any clues on how to retrieve it?? and any tips on how do i restructure my entire partitions??

tkin

Back to school!!
My friend wants to Buy a Laptop @ 35k.
He wants Long battery life, screen size 15" or LESS, 2GB+ RAM, no preference for graphics, onboard GPU will do.

Please suggest and put preference on battery life.

Do not suggest ION OR ATOM based systems.

Krow

Crowman
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122523

Hope this one helps. There a couple of other laptops mentioned in the thread as well. Ceck them out too.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Tkin:
Just go for DELL series. Blindfolded. You will not regret. If he is open to DELL, I can mentions some models...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom