Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

abyss88

Broken In
what should i do with the remaining amount..i want to spend it on my computer..otherwise i will end up over weight

Krow

Crowman
Logitech X540 (5.1) @ 5k
MX5021 (2.1) @ 7k

Have a look at tkin's sound cards. I can't help you much there as perception of sound quality differs from person to person.

chorus

I need PC help
I bought this system from SP road, Bangalore

These are the details:

CPU: AMD Phenom X2 550 BE (Coz it can be unlocked as well as overclocked) @4650
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz @2350
Hard Disk: Seagate 7200.12 500Gb @2350
Cabinet: Zebronics Breeze + Zebronics 450w PSU @1712
UPS: Techcom 600VA @1100
LCD Monitor: Samsung 2033SW Plus @7069

TOTAL @19231+4% VAT

Grand Total=20,000

Can anybody you Suggest me any better motherboard which allows me to Unlock and Overclock. My budget is @7k

Have i payed more Money?:confused:

sundar07

Broken In
Buying a 4850 now would be a waste. Although it can fairly run all those mentioned games on Full HD. U 've waited too long for the card & now just wait little for prices to go down a bit for the Dx11 hardware.
when the price will go down??1-2 month ??:???:

@ sundar07- get either GTX 260 or HD4870 1GB GDD5 edition cards :p

^+1 to GTX 260. Its better. :)
any idea abt the price of this card??
my budget is 7-8k max :oops:

chorus

I need PC help
pricing looks good and for mobo, go for MSI 790GX-G65 for 7.2k or GA-MA785GM-US2H for 5.5k

How is M4A785TD V-EVO @6.3-6.7k???? over MSI 790GX-G65 for 7.2k or GA-MA785GM-US2H for 5.5k
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Can Anyone suggest me Cabinet+PSU and MotherBoard for the following Configuratiom

LCD Monitor: Samsung 2033SW PLUS @7069

Is this ok?

Cabinet:
Zebronics Breeze(comes with 3 fans on its side) + Zebronics 450w PSU @1712

Motherboard:

M4A785TD V-EVO @6.3-6.7k????
MSI 790GX-G65 for 7.2k?? or
GA-MA785GM-US2H for 5.5k????

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
The ASUS board is excellent for its price. It has 2 GFX card slots and also 4 ram slots and many other cool features.

WTH! You want to put that rig on that crap PSU??? Get at least the Gigabyte 460W or Corsair CX400W @ 2.5/3.2k

chorus

I need PC help
The ASUS board is excellent for its price. It has 2 GFX card slots and also 4 ram slots and many other cool features.

WTH! You want to put that rig on that crap PSU??? Get at least the Gigabyte 460W or Corsair CX400W @ 2.5/3.2k

Wow! Nice reason to buy that ASUS board.And I'll definitely buy one of the PSU you mentioned. SO shall i keep Zebronics Breeze cabinet?

Krow

Crowman
What are you going to do with this rig? Do you intend to add gfx card later? The cabinet... What is your budget and how much can you up it by?

chorus

I need PC help
What are you going to do with this rig? Do you intend to add gfx card later? The cabinet... What is your budget and how much can you up it by?

As you know, I have already bought the following components:

LCD Monitor: Samsung 2033SW PLUS @7069
Cabinet:Zebronics Breeze(comes with 3 "80mm fans" on its side) + Zebronics 450w PSU @1712

Definitely Gaming is not the top most priority. I need this system for Web designing, software development. If adding Gfx helps my work then i'll add it by another 3 or 4 months.

My budget for cabinet and PSU is @2,500 at present

Could you pass me some ideas?:idea:

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Unless you ever plan to add a couple of graphic cards, a decent mid tower case would do just fine. Get any case you like, but I recommend the CM Elite series cases @ 1.8-2.5k.

Since you already have a decent cabby on your list, stick to it and get a good PSU like the Gigabyte 460W @ 2.5k or Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k or Tagan TG-500-U37 @ 3.2k or Corsair VX450W @ 4k.

chorus

I need PC help
Unless you ever plan to add a couple of graphic cards, a decent mid tower case would do just fine. Get any case you like, but I recommend the CM Elite series cases @ 1.8-2.5k.

Since you already have a decent cabby on your list, stick to it and get a good PSU like the Gigabyte 460W @ 2.5k or Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k or Tagan TG-500-U37 @ 3.2k or Corsair VX450W @ 4k.

I think I'll go for Gigabyte 460W. I'll use Zeb PSU with my old system.

For curiosity sake, this is how my Zebronics breeze cabinet looks like (follow the link below):
*www.zebronics.net/Zeb_Breeze.asp

chorus

I need PC help

Thank you Sir for your valuable suggestions.

There is one last thing that i want to ask you. What are the differences b/w 2033SW and 2033SW PLUS? Do they come with HDMI? I'm not able to find complete details of these two products. Even the samsung website doesn't mention the details properly.

Krow

Crowman
I think I'll go for Gigabyte 460W. I'll use Zeb PSU with my old system.

For curiosity sake, this is how my Zebronics breeze cabinet looks like (follow the link below):
*www.zebronics.net/Zeb_Breeze.asp
Yes, decent cabby, and the PSU is great. :)

Thank you Sir for your valuable suggestions.
PLEASE do not call me sir. I am just another poster here. Inside/outside of the forum, I have done nothing noteworthy enough to be called Sir, far less to be knighted. :lol: Something, like Thank You Krow for not trying to crap on me would be so much more friendly and nice. :)
There is one last thing that i want to ask you. What are the differences b/w 2033SW and 2033SW PLUS? Do they come with HDMI? I'm not able to find complete details of these two products. Even the samsung website doesn't mention the details properly.
I don't think it comes with HDMI as at least the 2233SW does not. No clue about the difference between the SW and the SW Plus. Don't be pulled in by this HDMI hype. Even DVI gives similar picture quality and besides, the monitor is good. You can trust Samsung/Dell for delivering quality monitors. :)

This link should help you a bit, although no food as to whats the difference between SW and SW plus.
*www.displayblog.com/2008/11/13/samsung-syncmaster-2033sw-20-wide-lcd-monitor/

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Tagan should provide more power IMO, but depending upon your config, you choose, not by who provides more power. The Tagan 500 has cheap build quality although it is a good psu. If you have a system with no components consuming really high power, then Corsair CX400W is excellent. If you have a heavy gfx card, then it is Tagan tg-500. If heavy quad proccy, heavy gfx, then minimum is Corsair VX450W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom