Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Choto Cheeta said:
@vivekbabbudelhi

Thnx a ton yaar :D

Gr8 job on the LCD Segment :D

updating the 1st page with those Info :D

well I can say about Kolkata, not much 3rd party board on the G33 Chipset yet, but yes the DG33BU is retailing at Rs. 5200/- + TAX without bargain, so extpect few bucks low...

and right now that seems the Best board intel with onboard... till we get the ASUS prices on their G33 chipset boards...

how ever, still i would put XFX 650i Ultra + 8400 GS option over that Intel DG33BU, if u are buying for home PC, but if office PC, then yeah DG33BU is a good option :D

By the way, Vivek, give us ur verdict on

one Budget 15"
one Performace 17" and Budget 17"
One Best Value (Budget) 19" WideScreen

:D

I would be try updating my config once again for few Budget Gaming Segments, will use those of ur options :D

thanks . plz keep us informed when asus releases its g33 mobo's .

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
As far as my opinion is concerned buying 15” lcd monitors is not at all advisable these days considering higher dot pixel arrangement (lower the pixel size sharper the image), higher response times & most their price. Today 19” lcd segment is sweetest of them because of resolution 1440x900(16:10), lower the pixel sizes hence sharper images, dvi-d inputs means lesser bleeding, plus 1440x900 panel with dvi-d hdcp enabled input is a 720p hd ready tv !!!so just look for them……….hd era is awaiting us…

Best buy
15” samsung 540n@8000 ,
ViewSonic VA503b@8400

17” Samsung 740N@9200 4:3
viewsonic VA1703WB (Wide Screen) @ 8500 16:10 1440x900(good)

19” Viewsonic VX922 @11500 4:3
Samsung 940 NW @ 11200 16:10 analog only
Viewsonic VG1930WM @10500
Samsung 940 bw @ 14000 (dvi-d hdcp)
Plz. Comment on availability & exact prices from market

I highly recommend Samsung monitors 17” ,19”,20” & 22” because they have best RTA in TN panels.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Choto Cheeta said:
I would be try updating my config once again for few Budget Gaming Segments, will use those of ur options :D

This is what I posted last night but it was submerged due to autopost.

@choto: Man leave budget gaming aside, prepare a config about the 60-70K wala gaming segment. And after the prices of your fav. p35 board come down then update the same with p35 board :wink:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
cynosure said:
@choto: Man leave budget gaming aside, prepare a config about the 60-70K wala gaming segment. And after the prices of your fav. p35 board come down then update the same with p35 board

upto 70k range !!!!

OK will try....

:lol: but dont u feel that Buying one Dell 1720 would be better than a PC then :lol:

Pathik

Google Bot
asus p5k3 deluxe
c2d e6750
transcend 2*1gb ddr667
8800gts 320mb
altec lancing atp3
zebronics antibiotic cabby + a powersafe 600W psu

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@choto
i need a really good headset.plz suggest one.budget shud not exceed 6k.i have searched a lot of headsets but cant decide a decent one,there are so many.the headphone must be gr8 for listening to songs as well as gaming.i am really finding it difficult to choose amongst hundreds:(.

someone plz suggest a headset.need to have that within a week.

Last edited:

fiddler

Right off the assembly line
There seems to be pretty good advice in this thread, so i thought i'll ask a q myself.....

I recently managed to smoke my old system so my 1GB RAM and Asus K8V-MX mobo are now history.

That said i am on the lookout for some new hardware specifically a mobo-processor combo. I shortlisted the CPU's down to

1. AMD X2 5600+ and
2. Intel C2D E6550

both which come into the same price band 7-8k

Now i am looking for recommendations for mobo for each of these and opinions as to which will be a better buy.
Any advice would be welcome...

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@pathiks:
What I want is this. I dont know the exact price of some things so can make a bill kinds thing for me. Thanks a ton.

Budget is 60K-65K MAX.

1) C2Q 6600
2) XFX 650i ultra
3) 2x2GB Kingston 800MHz RAM / 4x1GB whichever is cheaper
4) Viewsonic 19" LCD monitor Widescreen (Can be non HD)
5) Local BIG (Bada) cabinet
6) 2.1/5.1 speaker system that you guys think can be used w/o screwing the budget.
7) MS/Logitech Keyboard + Mouse (Can be gaming mouse if it does not screws the budget)
8) 2x500 W PSU (I will join them :D) or 2x400W depending on need/upgradability.
9) A wi-fi reciever (or whatever you geeks call it)
10) UPS which you guys can suggest after looking at the config.
Now this should be excluded while estimating the cost of the uper wale items:
11) Nvidia 8800 GTX (Will get it from US/Dubai/Singapore for about 22K)

I have a liteon DVD burner.
A floppy drive.

Hope I am not forgetting something.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
cynosure.....buy ur comp now !!

but then later u will cry from nov dec when 45nm intel is launched also even phenom will be out....which might well mean quad cores @ 8k to 10k

add to that nvidia 9800 GTX (25k-30k) and 9800GTS (15k-20k) will be out pushing down the Price of 8800 GTX

on top of that 9800 will mark the beginning of teraflop age !!! and its a monster u know that !!

instead now go for some 4k gfx card and later get a big one G92....now is the time to wait !! common 45nm penryn and phenom and G92 !!!

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
Guys, is the P35 based boards r available in India.

can anybody confirm on this along with the prices of the individual boards (along with price source)

Thanx

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
aks_win said:
cynosure.....buy ur comp now !!

but then later u will cry from nov dec when 45nm intel is launched also even phenom will be out....which might well mean quad cores @ 8k to 10k

add to that nvidia 9800 GTX (25k-30k) and 9800GTS (15k-20k) will be out pushing down the Price of 8800 GTX

on top of that 9800 will mark the beginning of teraflop age !!! and its a monster u know that !!

instead now go for some 4k gfx card and later get a big one G92....now is the time to wait !! common 45nm penryn and phenom and G92 !!!

Somehow i also agreed but only with the processor.
Nobody exactly can say that the 9800 GTX is around the corner.
I even cant see the web is also saying about the nVidia plans.
I believe the BIG one will take some time to come!

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Even I wish to wait and wish to add the latest stuff in the PC that I want to build. But I am DYING to play the latest games :( I used to be a hardcore gamer(not very hardcore but the basic hardcore :)) but now I am living with a PIII PC with linux on it which is good for nothing but surfing web:(
So I think that buy PC within good 15-20 days is a better option rather than pulling hair out every now and then. By the time december arrives, I will be as thin as my hair:)

Pathik

Google Bot
but if u hav that good a budget i think u shd take a p35 based mobo like the p5k3 deluxe for compatibility wit 45nm proccys. Also to save cash u can get the 8600gt 4 now.. 7k.. U ll be able to play all games till now..

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Current mobos like xfx 650i ultra and asus p5* will support the 45nm proccy after a bios update. This is what I came across after I googled.
p5k3 dlx has no other pros except the support for DDR3 mem, whose price right now is anything triple or quadruple times the price of DDR2 mem.

I can take your option of 8600GT and I will buy 9800GTS if its in a range of 15-20K in the month of december (x-mas). What do you say?

Mobo: XFX 650i ultra and Gfx = 8600GT OC'd.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

Not there are some catch, like XFX 650i ultra will not Support memory voltage over 2.1v... and see, to reach my 3.6 GHz OC, i needed to use Memory Voltage 2.178... so if i had XFX 650i Ultra I may not be able to reach 3.6 GHz !!!!

:p

650i ultra is good for C2D or C2Q, but not a future proof... in that case i wouls suggest P5N-E SLi !!! :D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
take a xfx 680i ultra , since u're building a high end rig . the 650i is a pretty good choice though . ..

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

Even though I would keep P5N32-E SLi before that XFX Ultra setup up :p both these are not that much High end now days...

:lol:

So better think of that ASUS P35 one which comes with onboard 2 GB DDR-3 with factory OC :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom