Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey choto cheeta can u create a thread about C2D overclocking ?? in there tell about how to over clock it !! and to what levels each C2D can be safely overclocked and what RAM to use and its effects on GPU and also most importantly cooling it and its stability and stuff to use to cool it @ our homes coz we wont have all stuff that pro ppl have....well if u hv time and can do this then plzz do it

1 last question what about the warranty does it really matter coz my i hv never had problems with my intel CPU till date...so that means No need of warranty right ?? coz nothing will happen to CPU ?? right ??

but i dont really understand how will intel get to know if we over clock our C2D ??

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
OK... Guys please take a Look that this bellow config as I am going add this to the main page...

:)

SO please post ur views and suggestion on the Config...

________________________Start__________________________________

Media Center PCs

Purpose, Simply entertainment movies and music and some gaming

Budget

Well there can be 2 catagories only Higher Midrage of Rs. 35k to 45k and High range of more than 55 or even more than that....

I am going to suggst some options and then will present one config as Mid range and one as High range...

Processors

Well the PC will be playing some ultra High defination content... But still i guess any X2 or C2D or new Dual Cores will be enough to play those !!!!

AMD X2 3600+
AMD X2 4400+
AMD X2 4800+

Intel Dual Core E2140
Intel Dual Core E2160

Core 2 Duos (Any i suppose) E4300 up to the highest of them all, but as user Kniwor suggests dont buy 1066 FSB models and for new ones press on buying G0 Stepping ones...

Motherboards

This is quite tricky, as those who plans to run on board will have any few options, I think only boards which can play ultra High definations would be AMD690G based or new X3100 ones... but those who wants to go for grfx card can get any 8xxx ones of Nvidia which will be able to play without any issue :)

AMD

ASUS M2A-VM (AMD 690G / ATi x1250 / DVI out / Onboard 1 GB Share) < This one can run on board quite fine
MSI K9AGM2 (AMD 690v)
MSI / ASUS / Biostar Nvidia 6150 based boards
Combo Pack which comes with VIA Based boards and AMD 3600+ Procys

Intel

Please refer bellow (Right now its in the 1st page)

RAMs

Ones again refer to Kinwors posts for the RAM details.

Transcend or Kingstone DDR-II 667 Rs. 1900/- + TAX each Module
Transcend or Kingstone DDR-II 800 Rs. 2600/- + TAX each Module

HDDs

In this segment people are expected to store tons of Videos and Music on the PC, Bigger is better

160 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2700/- + TAX (16mb buffer) WD
320 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 3400/- + TAX (16mb buffer) WD

Grfx Card

Not a very highfy is needed though those who wants to run vista with DX10, for them its 8xxx ones :)

XFX / Zebronics 8400 Not sure yet !!!
XFX / Zebronics 8500 Zebronics is at Rs. 4400/- + TAX for the 256MB model
XFX / Zebronics 8600 XFX is at Rs. 6800/- + TAX for the 256MB model
XFX / Zebronics 8800 XFX one is at Rs. 13700/- + TAX for the 256MB model

TV Tuner Card

Cheap Local Brand like Frontech or Techcom sales around ar Rs. 650 to 850/-
Pinnacle FM+TV Tuner Supporting WinVista and WinXP + MCE is Rs. 2100/- + TAX

All comes with Remote control...

Cabby

As it would be one show off PC, so i guess *www.zebronics.net/cabinets.asp or iBall cabbys can be think off...

But personally I like those local made Large Cabbis and they save a lot of money too :p u can get one well ventilated large Cabbi for Rs. 1200 to 1800 MAX :D

PSU

I would say in Kolkata brand like ColorSit, 450watts or 500 watts would be enough, find one like that one in ur places !!! as for Mid range Cooler Master 600 watts is at Rs. 3500/- Kolkata...

Display

This is the main part of the PC u are buying, try to spend as much possible here, i would say even go for GB RAM to buy a good display...

I would only list LCDs as they are the future now in big screens... allways opt for DVI out ones

View Sonic VG1930WM 19" Wide Screen Rs. 11900/- + TAX
Dell 22" E228wfp Rs. 19000/- + TAX

Peope I am open for suggestion here, not so good on LCDs so please suggest some 17" models and some more budget 22"

Speaker

5.1 would be minimum, any Onboard sound will allow High Defination 5.1

Creative 5.1 Inspire @ Rs. 3600/- + TAX

Once agian guyss please suggest some 7.1 options under 7k and more :)

Keyboard Mouse

My Personal fav Keyboard TVS Gold @ Rs. 1000/- + TAX (not multimedia)

Now there as Logitech and Microsoft Combo options out there :) Wireless and non-wireless go for one which u can afford....

Full Config I would suggest

X2 4400+ @ Rs. 4000
ASUS M2A-VM @ Rs. 3800
2GB DDR-II 667MHz @ Rs. 3800
250 GB SATA-II WD 16mb Buffer @ Rs. 2700
DVD RW @ Rs. 1500
Pinnacle TV Tuner Card @ Rs. 2100/- + TAX
Cabby + ColorSit 500 SMPS @ Rs. 2200
22" Dell @ Rs. 19000
Creative 5.1 @ Rs. 3600
Microsoft Combo @ Rs. 750

Total Rs. 45188 incl 4% TAX stay onboard now add one GRfx Card later on :)

_________________________END_______________________________

Waiting for ur views :D

1 last question what about the warranty does it really matter coz my i hv never had problems with my intel CPU till date...so that means No need of warranty right ?? coz nothing will happen to CPU ?? right ??

Well really dont mind, but i find it ulta :p I am every now and then sending CPUs / Mobos / HDDs / RAM allmost every thing for warrenty from our cafe !!!!

they do break but thats the fun u can relax for 3 yrs unless u hardwarelly break some thing... like Overclocking and Burning the CPU or Mobo or RAM will mean no warrenty at all :lol:

hey choto cheeta can u create a thread about C2D overclocking ?? in there tell about how to over clock it !!

Well even I am getting quite a few Pms to refer to the Cooler threads that I should write step by step info, but guys, I am not a pro overclocker for sure.. !! :lol: I have still lot to learn, but yes, I would love to share what ever little I know about the Stuff :p

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Saurav thanks for putting up the Media center configuration. But I have something else in my mind. I would like to know about Very small cabinet like the one below.
*img406.imageshack.us/img406/6582/htpcxcubecasewe4.th.jpg

Also did you forget to include a TV Tuner card? Media center doesnot enable one to watch TV??? can that be imagined?

I have a settop box so will many others who are willing to build a HTPC. To enable Settop box to work with Windows mediacenter PC or Vista we require that the Tuner card to have a inbuilt IR blaster.

More info about Setting up settop box with windows here and here

As we see this requires a very compact case so the mother board should not be a full ATX, one 16X Pci-E for graphics card , maybe two/three slots of PCI , one will be for the Tuner and maybe a second one if required for setting up Dual Tuner configuration , the third can be left for modem or other card.

I think you got my point .

Thanks
Charan

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

List the full config by Price which u have in mind please :) with E4400 :)

and i would vote for single one GB 800MHz module (if price is not permiting 2x1) now as when u have chance add another 800 MHz :)

okk....here we go

C2D E4400......................5.2k+tax
XFX 650i ultra..................5k+tax
XFX 8600GT 256mb...........6.5k+tax
2*1GB DDR2667/2*512MB DDR2 800(?)........3.9k/????.......(need advice!!!):O
Seagate 250GB SATA2 7200.10.....3k+tax
Coolermaster Extreme Power 500W PSU.......3.5k+tax
Zebronics Antibiotics cabinet..........2k+tax

total=29.1+tax

Comments plz..........

Kniwor

Learner
saurav u do realize that to keep the thread useful u will have to update it every 1 month atleast, maybe more frequently....

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
well Choto,how about posting a really high end config for hardcore gamers and hardware enthisiasts?
you have done a gr8 job putting up this thread.i am gonna use one of ur configs to assemble my next PC,thts for sure:).
was really busy so unable to post sooner.sorry for tht,really awsome work,keep it up.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
for a htpc my suggestions:

1. speakers creative inspire 5.1 t6060 rs 4400/-
2. addon soundcard ....yeah onboard 7.1 hd is toooo much crappy
audigy value 7.1 rs 1400/- would rock , i bet
3. tv tuner
leadtek winfast tv 2000 xp global 10 bit conexant chipset is unbeatable at rs 2500/-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63390

4. monitor : 24" dell ultrasharp its a 8 bit s-pva with full 1080p over dvi-d & 1080i over component @ 40k much better than 26" crappy lcd tv's

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/2407wfp-hc?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63390

sagargv said:
Hello,
I need your advice regarding TFT monitors .
My friend is buying a new pc . Which TFT monitor should he go for ? His needs include gaming and movie watching . He will onboard for 2 years and then upgrade to a g-card. so will amd prove to be better or will intel be the choice . If amd , which chipset ( 690G or nForce ?).On which onboard would the TFT work best ? His budget for the TFT is limited to 10-12k .
plz advice
thanks
my suggestion : amd 690g (asus m2a-vm)

for tft @12k only a tn panel is possible, look for a dvi-d hdcp enabled & try to expand budget upto 14k
perhaps samsung 940BW if u can find it or look for dell 19" they are superb

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/19lcd?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

Last edited:

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
Ok guys...after much sniffing around dis post i went 2 my dealer n he quoted the following....

AMD Combo- 4200+ with 1)Asus M2AVM = Rs.7800
2) Asus M2NMX-SE = Rs.7600

Intel Combo- C2D 1.8\1066mhz with 1) Intel original 965 board = Rs.11000
2) MSI 945 Board = Rs.8700

So,
Amongst these wich one shud i go for considering tht i wud also b adding a 8600gt grpx card alongwith 512*2 ddr2 ram to the config......
Or u can also suggest better deals or cut-down in the above....
Also, wud the above upgradations show a significant difference above my sys???.....THANX

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Kniwor said:
saurav u do realize that to keep the thread useful u will have to update it every 1 month atleast, maybe more frequently....

Yaar, cant i expected little help from u guys to keep the thread upto date...

as i said already not possible for one to gather all information and know about every stuff... so if u guy please post some updates and new stuff with street price of India (ur City) it will be very helpfull for me to keep the 1st page upto date with new configs and best prices !!!!

its hard for 1 guy for sure, simply not possible, but when we all post a little every month, do u think the thread would be outdated ever ??

that was the main idea of the thread, every one contributing a little.. :D and to sum up all those never ending post about new config needed, to get those under one roof !!!!

anyway, got some pretty intersting prices from KOlkata Market today... so can make one Budget Intel system !!!!

Budget Intel Sulution....

(All without bargaining, so expect cheaper when u actaully buy as then u get the chance to bargain...)

Intel Dual Core E2140 @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX

Foxconn 865G @ Rs. 1800/- + TAX
ASUS / MSI 945 Based Rs. 2350/- + TAX
ASUS P5B-MX (946) Rs. 2800/- + TAX
Intel DG33BU (G33 based GMA X3100) Rs. 5200/- + TAX (TL may be cheaper at Rs. 4800/- but not in market yet)

Grfx Card (If needed) XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX

So, I guess one Budget Intel Sulution would look like this,

E2140 @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX
ASUS P5B-MX @ Rs. 2700/- + TAX
XFX 8400 GS @ Rs. 2800/- + TAX
2 GB DDR-II 667 MHz @ Rs. 3800/- + TAX
160 GB SATA-II @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
Cabby + SMPS (ColorSit) @ Rs. 2000/- + TAX
17" CRT @ Rs. 4300/- + TAX
Keyboard Mouse (Microsoft) @ Rs. 750/- + TAX
Creative 2.1 @ Rs. 1100/- + TAX

TAX @ 4% 890
Total 23140

Ur views guyess ?? i feel its a budget gaming system !!! though one may can allways opt for Intel DG33BU

OK... Updated the Media Center PC Configs to 1st page, thnx for Vivek for the LCD Suggestions :) Kinwor for the Suggestion of 8400 + Cheap Mobo rather Intel Sulutions... :)

Guys, please post some details of the 15" and 17" and 19" LCD segment :)

BULZZI said:
well Choto,how about posting a really high end config for hardcore gamers and hardware enthisiasts?

the last part do give u an idea about that... but really hard to compile a highest end config :p if u need one then I would say How about Alienware or MAC Pro ???

:D

and thnx for the comment :D

Last edited:

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
@Choto Cheeta

i think leadtek winfast tv 2000xp global is also a good buy . it does not produces any sort of noise or bands whatsoever thanks to its 10bit decoder. 10bit conexant solutions >>>>> better than philips 9bit .
philips 9 bit decoder has banding problems.

leadtek winfast tv 2000xp also has powerdvd 5,6,7 support for dvd playback through its remote.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
one thing must be added FOR MEDIA CENTER PC

amd 690G & nvidia 7050 are hdcp enabled whereas nvidia 6150/6100 are NOT hdcp enabled.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
@Choto Cheeta
once again i would say dear u have done a great job

i have compro videomate tv gold plus 2 (9bit philips saa7134hl),leadtek winfast tv 2000xp global(10bit conexant cx23883-39) ,techcom ssd722plus
and i can say winfast 2000xp global due to its 10bit decoder is unmatchable regarding picture quality ,picture quality is as close as a 29" crt tv with 3d combo filter...believe me

price of leadtek winfast tv 2000xp global is rs 2400 + rs 96 tax= rs 2496 n.p newdelhi on 14 july 2007

*www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/tv_tuner/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=169

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
the last part do give u an idea about that... but really hard to compile a highest end config :p if u need one then I would say How about Alienware or MAC Pro ???

:D

and thnx for the comment :D[/quote]

after getting my new Q6700 and Corsair Dominator ,i dont think i ll be needing a high end system nymore:):D:)

kushank

Right off the assembly line
can anyone suggest between the following 2 cpus:
C2D E6850
C2Quad Q6600

and based on the above 2 , which mobo should i go in for... stick to 1066fsb or 1333fsb?

price umm... not really matters that much, but has to be reasonable.. also am gettin the stuff from US from a friend.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I would vote for the FSB 1333.... if i am an overclocking fan then E6850 would be my choise :D

also am gettin the stuff from US from a friend.

Getting a Core 2 System means Overclocking :p so, its wise to keep the Warrenty option open :) so, from US means no Local Indian Warrrenty !! :(

So, wait for other guys to reply :)

Pathik

Google Bot
i think u shd rather get a 6750... cos u can oc it to the levels of a 6850 easily.... also it wd be moe vfm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom