Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@sabret00the

Thnx bobby for the comment, yaar, u have good contact in supreem naa ?? i think they are the dealer of View Soniq in Kolkata so, pls post some Price of View Soniq LCDs naa .. from 15" to 22: :D if possible offcourse :D

aks_win said:
only prob being gfx card.....so way out is collect money now and get 1 later....
i will try to convince him forget gaming !! and foucs on other stuff like foruming gyming girls studing researching hacking etc etc !!

Well see, M2A-VM with AMD690G is one of the best for AMD platfor out there, its cheap doesnt mean its a bad board... onboard ATi x1250 is good enough to run any preset game in low settings :D

So He will be able to play any game with that On board GRFX, just make sure u are getting 2 GB RAM... as u can share upto 1 GB though I thing 256MB will be enough :)

Regarding procy, I would say its either the New 5200+ with 2MB L2 or stick with 4200+ save some money there !!! as for gaming i feel the 4200+ is good enough... and 5200+ comes with 2mb l2 so if u can buy that it would be better !!!

@mukherjee

Thnx for the comment :D

mukherjee said:
well,i hv an upgrade in mind...my budget is 25k.

need a decent cpu + mobo + g.card + 2GB RAM + 250GB SATA2 HDD + at least 500W true PSU + Cabinet

What will be the use of the pc ??

Kniwor

Learner
Good post saurav, thanks for getting my attention to it.

Here's my opinions,
for a budget gaming PC@25k
Replace E4400 with an E4300, it costa 1k less.
Use cheapest c2D board and add a graphics card to it.

let's see,

E4300 @ 4100k
P5B-MX wi/fi - 3600/-
2Gb ram - 3800/-
Liteon DVD RW - 1500
Zeb 8500GT - 4400
160Gb - 1600
Cab + SMPS - 2500
17" CRT - 4400
Creative 370 - 1100
KB + Mouse - 800
UPS APC - 2000/-

Total 29800/-

with a DX10 graphic card, this should perform reasonable in games, wifi can be useful for those who have the facility, or u can save another 500 bucks by choosing a non-wifi board.

Also replace any 6320's and 6420's u have used in the configurations above, by 6550's and 6750's, same price, much better.

The new processors are G0 stepping guys, they run much cooler than the older 1066Mhz B2 steppings, and overclock much better. They are cheaper too!!!
so get E6550 and E6750's. Here is a useful quote of my post in another thread....
Kniwor said:
Hey the G0 steppings are much better, they clock higher than the Older B2 steppings, i.e. the older E6600's etc... (they are B2) They also run cooler.

Help~Is~Here is also well confused on the steppings of older processors, and I will suggest him to stop making incorrect comments, There is no E6600 B3 stepping...lol

The old E6700's, E6600's , E6420's , E6320's, E6400's, E6300's are B2 stepping.

The really old E6300's and E6400's are L2 stepping
The E4300's is L2 stepping.

The E4400's and E4500's are M0 steppings.

The only B3 Stepping processors are the SL9UM Q6600, QX6800 and QX6700.

The prices of E6600 is higher everywhere because it is to be phased out, and hence Intel did not decrease it's price. Buying an E6600 is totally pointless right now.
An E6550 is a much better processor as compared to E6600, and is a lot cheaper, the E6750 PWNS them all. and then of-course, we have E6850, which is again, only G0 stepping.

As far as ram is concerned, n my opinion, a rated DDR2 800 from transcend should be preferable over a DDR2 667 from OCZ/Corsair etc..
Though, while getting ram, u should be concerned over what chip is being used in the ram modules. ProMOS, Elpida, Micron, Hynix are the major chip makers, and have their range of chips, the Microns are the best, namely Micron D9GKX, followed by Micron D9GMH, I'm not well informed on the performance of the Micron D9GCT but it is lower than that of the other two, microns can take high voltages, and overclock very well. High end ram modules also use Elpida and ProMOS chips (DDR2 -800 modules), but these don't overclock very will, and will die if too much voltage is given. A micron D9GMH on a good PCB is what a constrained enthusiast should be looking at, if no money issues, get a D9GKX based ram. Good 2x2Gb ram is still ridiculously expensice, dunno why though.

As far as motherboards are concerned, Saurav u might wanna change a few motherboard selections in ur configurations, integrated solutions for some reason are really pathetic, and try to couple a cheap gfx card in the machine somehow, also, for the overclocking fans, u might wanna replace the P965 based boards with P35 based boards, they give a better clock-to-clock performance, and overclock better too, I guess they are available now in india, and prices are now reasonable.

I am too lazy to rework those configurations, and I'm also sure u can do it better than me, so I guess we can hope to see minor improvements here n there. Thanks again for the great post.

EDIT: seems the P35 based Biostar TP35D2-A7 is available for around 6.5k-7k, pls confirm people. Otherwise P35 boards still seem expensive, and P965 is a good option.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Choto Cheeta said:
So He will be able to play any game with that On board GRFX, just make sure u are getting 2 GB RAM... as u can share upto 1 GB though I thing 256MB will be enough
AMD 690G doesn't support shared memory upto 1 GB I guess

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
Lcd-tft monitors buying reference

Basically there are two types of lcd monitors:
  • 6+2 bit (with dithering) TN panels i.e. these are native 6 bit panels.
  • Native 8 bit S-IPS or S-PVA panels
As it suggests TN panels suffer a lot as far as color reproduction is concerned but they have good response times and are suitable for gaming. Their size is anything from 15”-22”.viewing angles 160-160 degrees.

Native 8 bit panels are best known for color accuracy. But as they are expensive to manufacture they are mostly limited to 20” and above size and hence tagged as premium panels’. These are best for movies. Viewing angles 178-178 degrees.

Inputs: DVI-D & analog vga are most common inputs ; component, composite , s-video inputs are found in addition to DVI-D & vga in premium 8 bit panels.

Among all of them DVI-D produces sharpest images with best details as its digital so never miss it out . DVI-D or HDMI can only have HDCP capability.

HDCP has screwed out everything. Hdcp enabled monitor can only play protected hd content in high definition resolution. For hd on pc u need a hdcp enabled gpu or else u can hook a standalone hd player via hdmi to dvi-d cable directly to dvi-d with hdcp enabled input of lcd monitor.

Many people have misconception that DVI-D means hdcp capability but this is not true . DVI-D CAN BE OR CANNOT BE HDCP ENABLED. So specifically look for DVI-D with HDCP enabled if watching protected HD content is your aim in near future.

For more reading & monitor specifications refer:

*www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles...chnologies.htm

*www.tftcentral.co.uk/specs.htm

www.tftcentral.co.uk

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Vivek Babu. A request Can you please create a new thread for Buying Reference of LCD/HD ? That way we can keep the discussion seperate.
Thanks

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@charangk

I have invited vivekbabbudelhi and guys like Kniwor to this thread via PM to comment on the LCD/ RAMs / High end systems, as I will update my 1st page with his comment...

What it does it it help all new buyers to get all reqources from one thread, the main purpose of this thread is to sum up all those never ending posts about new config and new computer :D

@gx_saurav

Well It does, even I gave given the link also, please refer here once agian :)

M2A-VM Specifications said:
Integrated ATI Radeon X1250-based graphics
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 2560x1600 (@ 60Hz)
(It may not display 1080p smoothly when playing HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc due to current version player limit)
Supports RGB with max. resolution 2048 x 1536 (@85Hz)
Dual VGA output support:
RGB & DVI
Note: DVI-D can not be converted to output RGB Signal to CRT.

*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1568&l1=3&l2=101&l3=496&l4=0

@vivekbabbudelhi

Some model number with Price will really help :)

15" Segment (Lowest and Best and best in terms of Vaule for Money)
17" Segment (Lowest and Best and best in terms of Vaule for Money)
19" Segment (Lowest and Best and best in terms of Vaule for Money)
19" Segment Wide Screen (Lowest and Best and best in terms of Vaule for Money)
22" Segment (Lowest and Best and best in terms of Vaule for Money)

and really thnx for the inputs...

:)

@Kniwor

Thnx a ton for the inputs... :D

Kniwor said:
for the overclocking fans, u might wanna replace the P965 based boards with P35 based boards, they give a better clock-to-clock performance, and overclock better too, I guess they are available now in india, and prices are now reasonable.

Even I want to give those, but I am unable to digg up prices from Local Market !!! I would be really glad if you can post model by model prices from either ur local market or from quoteing the Sources

:D

Kniwor said:
As far as motherboards are concerned, Saurav u might wanna change a few motherboard selections in ur configurations, integrated solutions for some reason are really pathetic

Suggest me some option with price quote !!! like suppose when asking some one to Buy P5B-VM for 7k... we can input XFX 650i Ultra for 5k, but 6200 LE for 2k is really not perforimg upto GMA X3000, so from Local market price point a view do suggest some Card under that 2k price range which can performe better than P5B-VM :D

and any other board u want me to replace ???

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
Choto Cheeta said:
Suggest me some option with price quote !!! like suppose when asking some one to Buy P5B-VM for 7k... we can input XFX 650i Ultra for 5k, but 6200 LE for 2k is really not perforimg upto GMA X3000, so from Local market price point a view do suggest some Card under that 2k price range which can performe better than P5B-VM :D

and any other board u want me to replace ???

hmm... u have a point here, but why dont we try a graphics card on a cheap C2D microATX board, clock to clock the board will perform bit slower, but the graphics will be good, for example

what say be replace P5B-VM - 7k with
cheap 946 board - 3-3.5k
Zeb 8500GT - 4400/- (or a cheaper gfx card maybe)

We loose features that's right, in the end it boils down to personal preference, but I'd rather have the 8500GT by my side. In any case i dont suppose OC'ing is a good idea at this budget.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Kniwor said:
We loose features that's right, in the end it boils down to personal preference, but I'd rather have the 8500GT by my side. In any case i dont suppose OC'ing is a good idea at this budget.

Quite true, in that case tell me G33 based intel ones, I was told in local Kolkata market those will be priced belloe DG965RY !!!! if no OCing for sure, then how about those options ??

How about option of 8400 ?? to cut down farther with 3k based P5B MX ones ?? and speaking for Budget Intel, those Dual Core E2140 aint bad !! ??

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Choto Cheeta said:
I have invited vivekbabbudelhi and guys like Kniwor to this thread via PM to comment on the LCD/ RAMs / High end systems, as I will update my 1st page with his comment...

What it does it it help all new buyers to get all reqources from one thread, the main purpose of this thread is to sum up all those never ending posts about new config and new computer :D

Oops :p I didnt know about your plans :D , no problem then ;) Five stars give to this thread :D

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
common choto every 1 has unique needs....u will hv to suggest them accordingly in this thread !!! that would be better !!
i mean with some modifications to the standard ones put up in the 1st page !!

those links man arrange them properly !! all of them at the bottom of POST 1 !!

also those price links make Little Large and colourful Text and mention the links
this will make it more presentable !!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes I also want suggessions on HTPC ( Home Theater PC ) . Please include this also in the list. It should have a good processor and GFX card should produce good output in both CRT TV and LCD TV's , Basically these kind of PC's will be having wireless KB/Mouse.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
common choto every 1 has unique needs....

Certainly they have, thats why title says Basic Guide...

u will hv to suggest them accordingly in this thread !!! that would be better !!

Its not about me Suggesting, even ome one when asks question here, all (including u) are welcome and expected to post ur comment on that question....

i mean with some modifications to the standard ones put up in the 1st page !!

Didnt get the point, options are already sugggested, and as i said its a basic guide so when one need to make changes is expected to post that question here :)

Charan said:
Yes I also want suggessions on HTPC ( Home Theater PC ) . Please include this also in the list. It should have a good processor and GFX card should produce good output in both CRT TV and LCD TV's , Basically these kind of PC's will be having wireless KB/Mouse.

Missed that !!! Thnx for reminding... will build up one config tonight !!! :)

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
Choto Cheeta said:
Quite true, in that case tell me G33 based intel ones, I was told in local Kolkata market those will be priced belloe DG965RY !!!! if no OCing for sure, then how about those options ??

How about option of 8400 ?? to cut down farther with 3k based P5B MX ones ?? and speaking for Budget Intel, those Dual Core E2140 aint bad !! ??

That would be even better actually.... I guess u should include a config like that.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
i have asus a8v mx mobo amd 64 3000 venice
Memory spec:
- Support for the dual-channel DDR266/333/400 MHz memory,
- Two 184-pin DDR DIMM memory modules.
- Maximum memory capacity 2 GB.

now i want to know the diff bw DDR and DDR2

will there be prob if upgrading my memory with DDR2 ram ...

what are the options that i hav

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
phuchungbhutia said:

Not much Only One :p RAM will be damaganed and system wont workd :lol:

anyway sorry for the joke, more seriuslly,

No ur Motherboard comes with 184pin DDR Connector for RAM modules of DDR 266/333/400, where as DDR-II rams need 240pin connectors with motherboard supporting DDR-II 533/667/800 ...

So in ur case DDR-II Rams wont fit in hense will not work...

Googling DDR-II vs DDR will give better results,

*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/display/ddr2.html

*www.overclockercafe.com/Articles/DDR_vs_DDR2/index.htm

*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/display/ddr2-ddr.html

:)

but 1st u need to tell us ur problem :)

@Mr. Mukherjee

Intel Option

Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 3400/- + TAX
XFX 650i Ultra @ 5000/- + TAX
2GB DDR-II 667MHz @ 3800/- + TAX
250 GB SATA-II WD 16mb Buffer @ Rs. 2700/- + TAX
XFX 8600 GT @ Rs. 6800/- + TAX
Cabby + ColorSit 500 SMPS @ Rs. 2200/- + TAX

Total Rs. 24856 incl 4 % VAT :D

AMD Option

AMD X2 4400+ @ 4000/- + TAX
ASUS M2A-VM @ 3800/- + TAX

Total Rs. 24232/- incl 4 % TAX

Prices will varry here and there !!! u just have to bargain a little, if u see still u can fit things in, no harm getting a 4200 or 3800 !!!! just make sure they are the new 1MB L2 based procys :D

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
phuchungbhutia said:
i have asus a8v mx mobo amd 64 3000 venice
Memory spec:
- Support for the dual-channel DDR266/333/400 MHz memory,
- Two 184-pin DDR DIMM memory modules.
- Maximum memory capacity 2 GB.

As Chota Cheeta already mentioned but if u wanna use the DDR 2 RAM then u have to buy
1. DDR 2 RAM
2.A new motherboard.
3. A new processor.

So the idea is either change ur entire config or stick with the old DDR RAM/s & add another slot of the identical size of ur RAM OR wait for the right time to upgrade.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Choto Cheeta said:
@Mr. Mukherjee

Intel Option

Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 3400/- + TAX
XFX 650i Ultra @ 5000/- + TAX

Total Rs. 24856 incl 4 % VAT :D

AMD Option

AMD X2 4400+ @ 4000/- + TAX
ASUS M2A-VM @ 3800/- + TAX

Total Rs. 24232/- incl 4 % TAX

Prices will varry here and there !!! u just have to bargain a little, if u see still u can fit things in, no harm getting a 4200 or 3800 !!!! just make sure they are the new 1MB L2 based procys :D

No thanks...no AMD...am INTEL;)

sticking wid e4400.(ne other options?)

hdd=250Gb seagate 7200.10 SATA 2..16mb and all

psu coolermaster extreme power 500W+Zeb antibiotics--->nice?:D

now tell people....shud i go for 2x512MB DDR2 800 Mhz RAM or 2x1GB DDR2 667 Mhz RAM? wat will be the price/performance difference?i intend to use dualchannel setup.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

List the full config by Price which u have in mind please :) with E4400 :)

and i would vote for single one GB 800MHz module (if price is not permiting 2x1) now as when u have chance add another 800 MHz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom