Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Right my friend. The new core 216 is nothing but more stream processors i.e 216 over older 192 which isn't much of a bigger deal. It's not even worth spending that amount. nVidia should 've atleast shrunk the fab from 65nm to 55nm for this new version but what a waste. It does performs better than older GTX260 version but barely noticable. But those Oc'ed edition can make upto the stock GTX280.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
This is not the right place for asking this question. This thread is only for those who want to purchase a new system or upgrade their existing config. You should've started a new thread. And BTW, there's a similar thread running on this topic.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98830

krinish

Journeyman
This is not the right place for asking this question. This thread is only for those who want to purchase a new system or upgrade their existing config. You should've started a new thread. And BTW, there's a similar thread running on this topic.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98830

Thats right my friend, I have started this thread. I wasnt getting much replies, and I wanted to buy a router ASAP and since this thread was most active, it was a mere assumption that some one on this thread could be using BSNL connection and would help me out. No harm done either way :)

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Friends still haven't made mu purchase yet...I am going for the XFX 630i mobo and as you all know it doesn't have Dual Channel RAM support and it has only 2 slots. So instead of going for a 2x1GB RAM, why not go for a single 2 GB stick now and then later upgrade with another 2 GB stick. What u guyz have to say about it?

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^You can go for it, but it will be slower than the same amount of RAM in dual channel. No problem going with it though.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
2 slots can only support upto 2GB.......no 4GB for you dude. Sorry.

Dual Channel hardly gives a boost of 8-11% so dont worry much.

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Hell no.. XFX 630i supports only upto 2GB RAM. How can they, now if only there was some other board with good onboard graphics and similar pricing I would have opted for it. I mean the board should be future proof, anyways got no option.
@betatesting - this mobo doesn't support dual channel RAM.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hell no.. XFX 630i supports only upto 2GB RAM. How can they, now if only there was some other board with good onboard graphics and similar pricing I would have opted for it. I mean the board should be future proof, anyways got no option.
@betatesting - this mobo doesn't support dual channel RAM.

Intel DG31PR for around 3k....... has good onboard GPU and a PCI-ex16 slot if you plan to add a card :razz:.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hii guys....plz suggest a gud mobo for Intel platform @ a maximum of 3k. Need it for simple business usage....but should hav all necessary components for entertainment too; like XFX 630i mobo...

thanx...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Thats bcoz no one cares abt the sound quality as we are... I have an onboard HD Audio but still unused coz i just have 5.1speakers so use the 5.1 only...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom