Bandwidth limited??

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
bandwidith limit is the capacity of the server to serve the visitors, say a visitor like a bot of google uses 1 gb, so the max no of users the server can serve on that limit is 25 users

correct me if wrong ..... :(

Shud be in Q&A

zegulas

Traceur
When user log in to ur site they use a specific amount of bandwidth that u provide, so the total no of members x bandwidth per user = total bandwidth.

Retro

Journeyman
Let me first explain what is Bandwidth.

Bandwidth is amount of data that your website is allowed to transfer to it's visitors. For example, if you have just a single file in your website that is around 500 MB and your Bandwidth is 2GB, then your site is allowed to transfer that file only to 4 people and then it reaches it's limit. You can always check out how much bandwidth your site has used when you login to your control panel. Simply put, bandwidth is the sum of the total volume of the data (in MB or GB), that your website can send to others when they request. Hope this makes is clear.

Inc, it's monthly BTW and not yearly. 25GB/month is absolutely awesome for just around 200 Rs. and I advice you to go for it. However, this depends on what kind of site you want to have. If you will have lots of downloads, then this is okay. If all you want is a nice blog with some extra pages to upload, then goto a host which offers you around 5-8 GB/month at a much cheaper rate. So please consider your move carefully and If you give me more info, I can guide you.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Retro said:
Inc, it's monthly BTW and not yearly. 25GB/month is absolutely awesome for just around 200 Rs. and I advice you to go for it. However, this depends on what kind of site you want to have. If you will have lots of downloads, then this is okay. If all you want is a nice blog with some extra pages to upload, then goto a host which offers you around 5-8 GB/month at a much cheaper rate. So please consider your move carefully and If you give me more info, I can guide you.

Hey thanks for the info.

How do u suspected that i may b wanting to get a site or a blog.

actually, i wanted both.

but due to less money and less age.

i 've only a blog till yet.

i've been updating it but i havent got any positive results.

i thought i'll use google adsense and some more ads on it which will pay me atleast

but google sent me any confirmation maill yet two days past.

My Blog don't hav popularity and i cant afford advertising. i've to w8 few months to show ads.

so, if u or any1 else hav time then plz visit my blog and suggest me on what shud i do further? also, if possible gimme sumtips.

I've sum mor wuestions to ask, but will ask later.

So mods and admin since I'm not advertising, i'm posting da link to my Blog. tel me if it is wrong, i'll edit my post.

Here's da link to my Blog.

*planetincredible.blogspot.com

If u ppl want then u can suggest me a new name for my Blog.

Thanks!

Retro

Journeyman
The Incredible said:
Hey thanks for the info.
actually, i wanted both.
i thought i'll use google adsense and some more ads on it which will pay me atleast
My Blog don't hav popularity and i cant afford advertising. i've to w8 few months to show ads.
so, if u or any1 else hav time then plz visit my blog and suggest me on what shud i do further? also, if possible gimme sumtips.
So mods and admin since I'm not advertising, i'm posting da link to my Blog. tel me if it is wrong, i'll edit my post.
Thanks!

I'll think of a new name to tell you but I don't know if you are allowed post links to your sites. Contact a Mod about this. I'm Psychic, don't you know they called me for the Pokemon Series to be the lead Psychic trainer.

Actually, it is that most people like to for their blogs. When I have time, I'll visit and give you ideas. One more thing, you seriously don't need to get a paid host for a blog. There are excellent free hosts which give you around 100 - 150 MB and need no ads on your site.

Try *mihopa.com and *frihost.com, I recommened the former. You can advertise your blog on other forums and also in your profile and sig.

Retro

Journeyman
The Incredible said:
Hey thanks for the info.
actually, i wanted both.
Thanks!

I'll think of a new name to tell you but I don't know if you are allowed post links to your sites. Contact a Mod about this. I'm Psychic, don't you know they called me for the Pokemon Series to be the lead Psychic trainer.

Actually, it is that most people like to for their blogs. When I have time, I'll visit and give you ideas. One more thing, you seriously don't need to get a paid host for a blog. There are excellent free hosts which give you around 100 - 150 MB and need no ads on your site.

Try *mihopa.com and *frihost.com, I recommened the former. You can advertise your blog on other forums and also in your profile and sig.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Retro said:

Thanx for givin time. What did u mnt by dat Pokemon statement???

Why did u recommend former, wats gud in it?

Did u mnt on this forum???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom