"Balagurusamy" or "yashwant kanetkar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I quote Mehuldev
+1 got Kernighan and Ritchie

U can also try "A Book on C" by Kelly-Pohl................I really liked this book...........

And if u want to b a UberGeek in C, then,

The Indispensable Guide To C by Paul Devis

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
mehul-dev?
mehulved :p
after compiling Gentoo Doc, he sure needs a dev status *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/72.png

A very nice book to dig deeper into linux. Easy to understand for average linux user.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Kanetkar's book has better examples, i suggest starters to go with it. Balagurusamy is the worst boook i have ever read for C.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I began with some old book whose name i dont remember, then followed up with K&R. I havent read balagurusamy, but let us c is quite dumb, really.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ You are not a pro when you start, so the so called dumb books are helpful to wwho have just started.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
It all depend in what interest u have.........u love c programming .i recommend to read both books......i applied them in my embedded system programming n was the only thing in life i felt like being applied usefully in engineering.......c language is very important.i suggest u to learn by doing method...hav a compiler....complile the exampleprograms and learn.......afterward u get a grip on it.u start writing the program by urself when u can guess the algorithm.......

the pointers stuff is little confusing in start....don;t worry it while be easy afterwards....thers a seperate book by kanethkar (somethin like Pointers in C) ..go for it if possible....

ajaybc

Youngling
Hi friends, i've just joined the BCA cource and as you know, C Programming is always there. Now i want to ask you that which book i should buy for learning C. Everyone suggests "Programming in ANSI C with E. Balagurusamy" or "Let us C by yashwant kanetkar". I am really confused. Could u please tell which book is better for learning good "C Programming". Please also suggest some other good books if any.

iam also a BCA student 2nd year.And have personaly found Balaguruswamis book the best.I wud always recommend it.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
iam also a BCA student 2nd year.And have personaly found Balaguruswamis book the best.I wud always recommend it.

im a I.T engg (jus finished my engg course in July 2008, and i wud recommend u to go for Balagurusamy (its guruSAMY and NOT guruSWAMI..lol..)

also his books on JAVA are equally good (jus in case if u also hv java in ur course.. :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom