[Complaint] Bajaj Bike Service Issue

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I know that this is a tech forum, but, still, since this thread is an RMA experience thread, I'd like to post my experience with Bajaj Auto Ltd. One of India's leaders in 2-wheeler segment.
In Aug, 2012, I purchased the Pulsar 200NS, and since then, I've been facing issues with it. I've been constantly trying to persuade the service centers to repair my bike, but, earlier, they, tried ignoring the issues and used to hand over the bike after keeping it with them for 4-6 hours, every time I took it for repairs, and now, even if they are genuinely trying to repair it, they aren't able to do it. It's been nine months, and in March, when I took it for the last (third) free service, the thing pinched me that from now, since the free services have lapsed, I will be charged every time, I take my bike for repairs, atleast the labour costs, even if the parts are replaced free of cost, till the time warranty is there.
It took five visits to their service centers, but to no avail. The problems (1. Problems in gear shifting when changing gears from 1st to 2nd, where the gear goes into neutral, but, the neutral indicator on the dashboard doesn't turn up.; 2. Coolant Leakage: This is a big problem, as since this is a liquid cooled bike, with a dedicated large sized radiator in the front, I believe, the coolant is too necessary for proper working of the bike.; 3. a few smaller, but significant issues) haven't been solved. The first two, I mentioned, were since the time I bought the bike, but hasn't been solved even till now.
It took me (and my brother) five visits in the month of March alone, but the issues were not solved. After the third free service of my bike, on 2nd march, the problem was not resolved, and I took the bike for repairs the next week, and again the very next day, I was able to see the coolant leaking when my bike was parked inside my house. Enraged by the quality of service and the inefficiency of the Service center guys, my brother shot some email to the Bajaj CC as well as the CC of my dealer, with the photographs of the coolant leaking, as an evidence. The Bajaj CC guys responded after 3 days, with acknowledgement of the complaint and a complaint reference number, and promised a resolution. Afterwards, I made about three more trips, to two different service centers, but, the problems were intact. Since then, my brother filled a customer feedback survey, then after a few days, he sent a mail again, and after getting no response from them, I took the matter in my hand and sent them a mail with reference to all the previous communication, and also intimidating them about my intention to take up this matter legally, but didn't get a response. Then, we waited for about fifteen more days, and started proceedings to pursue this matter legally. With some inputs from one of my friends, studying law, I drafted a long three page letter, and sent it to them through India Post (the Bajaj Registered Office, in Akurdi, Pune, and the dealer, I bought my bike from). Since it's been too much time since both of the parties received the letter, and I didn't get a reply, I started working on to pursue this matter legally, and started studying about the consumer court judgements. Then, yesterday, my brother got a call from the Bajaj Area Manager, Delhi, asking us to take the bike to the service center of Bagga Link Bajaj, Karol Bagh. And when my brother asked for, he assured that this probably, should be the last time we will be required to take the bike to the service center for these problems.
I am still waiting for their official written response.
I wonder, if someone, is not doing so much to get their problems resolved, these people will go easy with all such stuff, and still being the number one. For me, it was a costly matter. A lakh, is not such easy to earn.

@ MODS: Since, this is a tech forum, and my post is not related to anything tech, but, since I'm actively involved only on TDF, so, I had no other place to share my experience. In case, you feel that this post should be deleted or moved, I'd request, kindly feel free to do the same.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
As a Bajaj Bike owner for a 12 years here is a TIP - For free WASHING of the bike give to the Authorized Dealer. For problem resolution find a Local Good Mechanic.

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
As a Bajaj Bike owner for a 12 years here is a TIP - For free WASHING of the bike give to the Authorized Dealer. For problem resolution find a Local Good Mechanic.
Mate, I think, there's nothing like free washing. Even for that they charge Rs. 50 here, and even, at this they are no good. In that much amount any local guy, will, thoroughly wash your bike, and apply the polish, investing a good 30 minutes on your bike. Also, since my bike's still in warranty, I can't go anywhere else, but have to rely on them only. And moreover, it's an obligation on them to provide me proper service. This is why, I'm taking them to task.

d3p

PowerHouse
I too own a Bajaj Vehicle. I faced similar issues on the first servicing itself. I thought they will change the Engine Oil & Disc brake Fluid. But they never did so. I bought myself a Castrol Activ Xtra 20W50 & got it refilled from a local Garage.

Bajaj service Centre is just another name of pathetic-ism . From my experience, Yamaha service guys takes 1-2 complete day for the servicing, whereas bajaj guys are done in 4-5hours. I don't believe them. They cheat by asking extra money for Engine Oil & Fluid, but they don't do it.

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@CyberKID You should post your issue in this forum [Ownership Thread]: Pulsar 200 NS
Yup, I've been following that thread for some time now. Seems like my efforts are going somewhere. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll do it, and ask other owners for the same issues. BTW, I simply believe that the gear shifting issue is a manufacturing defect in most newer Bajaj Bikes. Have heard this from many people in service center, for bikes like discover 125 and 100 also, apart from Pulsar.

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
After banging my head everywhere possible (my dealer, Bagga Link, Karol Bagh-whom, they (Bajaj) reffered me to, and Bajaj Auto Ltd., I am finally taking this issue to the consumer court. These people aren't able to resolve the problems in a bike they are proudly advertising as India's No. 1 Sports Bike. I still have to wait for a week or so, as I send a complaint (hard copy) on 17th April and the complaint reached both of them by 22nd April.
Any suggestions?

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
This, IMO, is now,beyond any mediation. Everytime I get the bike serviced, I return disappointed and even more, frustrated, by the fact that my problems remain intact, and everytime, I tell them, they ask me the same question: Sir, phir kab laa rahe ho aap bike? (Sir, when are you bringing the bike for service, again), as if I'm sitting idle to take the bike everytime, to get their "blessings".
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
Moreover, these websites, including Akosha, have a limited impact. Here are some links, I found this out from:

Limited impact of online redress sites | Business Standard

*www.firstpost.com/investing/do-consumer-redressal-websites-really-work-776815.html

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I'm also one of the proudly disgusted:lol: owner of some crappy bajaj products, and have vowed never to touch their products again . Here's a brief description of the products and the problems.
1.XCD 135-A nice bike ovverall, screwed only when I took it for service.
Solution-I stopped taking it to authorised service and found a good mechanic for it-Problem solved.
2.PC2012 Cooler-No matter what you do, its internal blower will shatter to pieces within 10 days.And now its out of warranty and is lying in the back yard! !! 5200 bucks gone.
3.A mixer grinder burns itself to death every 3 months or so...Currently lying in the service centre. ..

I came to a conclusion that bajaj are good at looks, but the quality of their products is worse than the worst of the Chinese replica; and if a product is working fine, they have a service to screw that up!!!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow .. what a company .. thinking of getting some home appliances of Bajaj but now plan changed .. thanks guys for feedback.

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I'm also one of the proudly disgusted:lol: owner of some crappy bajaj products, and have vowed never to touch their products again . Here's a brief description of the products and the problems.
1.XCD 135-A nice bike ovverall, screwed only when I took it for service.
Solution-I stopped taking it to authorised service and found a good mechanic for it-Problem solved.
2.PC2012 Cooler-No matter what you do, its internal blower will shatter to pieces within 10 days.And now its out of warranty and is lying in the back yard! !! 5200 bucks gone.
3.A mixer grinder burns itself to death every 3 months or so...Currently lying in the service centre. ..

I came to a conclusion that bajaj are good at looks, but the quality of their products is worse than the worst of the Chinese replica; and if a product is working fine, they have a service to screw that up!!!
This is the reason, I've decided to take them to consumer court. The Pulsar 200NS is great in all respects, be it its styling, or its features or the power. The thing taking them down is their service. The service people or even the customer care don't understand the importance of customer's time, and, I believe they think that customer literally means कष्ट से मर. Their mindset has now become that whatever anyone says, it's rather unlikely that anyone will go to an extent to pursue such matters legally. They think that the customer is a toothless tiger.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
wow .. what a company .. thinking of getting some home appliances of Bajaj but now plan changed .. thanks guys for feedback.

Stay away from Bajaj Electricals bro....When you enter any bajaj world, you're sure to get fancied by the collection they have, it all looks very funky and modern....However they are all crap inside the skin...Bajaj used to produce some nice appliances earlier, but its not the case now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks like Bajaj has become the new Micromax ( and similar brands ) in automobile and electronics world ;-)

funskar

Padawan
A Brand can only rise if they are good with their serivce..

Sue bajaj .. F**k bajaj Even I hate bajaj when they launched pulsar 180 crap

Bajaj automobiles = Byond mobiles:evil:

Top Bottom