Bad speed with Public Torrents???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I keep downloading lots of stuff, obviously legal, through Torrents but am facing a problem since the last few months.

Say about 6 months back I only used to download only from Public trackers lie ISOHunt, Mininova etc and used to get a speed of about 200 KBps with torrents having good seeders. After that I moved to private trackers like Torrentleech etc and still get the same speed with private trackers. The problem is that now if I want to download any thing from Public trackers including Demenoid, I dont get an average speed of above 15 KBps although there are thousands of seeders for the torrent.

I am just not able to understand why is this happening with Public trackers. Please help me to come out of this delima.

Thank you.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Hmmm.... can't be a NAT problem. What I'd suggest is use Vuze or Azureus and map the ports on your firewall and router correctly, and also open port number 50000 for the UDP protocol. That is used for decentralised tracking. It may help. Get back to us on the results in case you try this out. If this does not work I want to know how you NAT. Is it automatic via uPNP or manual?

nimbus_007

Furious GaMeR
Since u did not specify which torrent software ur using i am thinking UTORRENT, If ur using utorrent than just do this

Uninstall utorrent and download a older version not the square symbol but the round symbol version, ur problem will definatelly solved

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Since u did not specify which torrent software ur using i am thinking UTORRENT, If ur using utorrent than just do this

Uninstall utorrent and download a older version not the square symbol but the round symbol version, ur problem will definatelly solved

I dont think it will work coz I was facing the same problem in Utorrent 1.7.7 which had a round symbol. Can you please specify the version number. Moreover, if I get speeds in Private trackers, why not in public ones...

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
^^ i think u dont get speeds for illegal stuffs

coz RIAA,etc anti-piracy organiser put lame seeds 2 track u....n u get crap speeds...so better go for private trackers for all stuffs...its safe n speedy....

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
^^ i think u dont get speeds for illegal stuffs

coz RIAA,etc anti-piracy organiser put lame seeds 2 track u....n u get crap speeds...so better go for private trackers for all stuffs...its safe n speedy....

ROFL:p:p

stop kiddin!!!
i get almost same speeds for private and public torrents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom