Backtrack LIVE USB

starhacker

Broken In
Hi There,

I am trying to use Backtrack 5 R3 from USB directly without installing it on PC.:-?:-?:-?:-?

I tried a lot. But i cant.

So pls help me out.:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

ratul

█████████████████
what software did you used to create bootable usb???
i have done it and it works fine, i'd suggest you to go with:
Universal USB Installer: Easier to understand.
Unetbootin: Works great too.

now i am looking forward to install it on my external HDD.. :D

ratul

█████████████████
How much hdd space is recommended for BT

it depends on the use, i have given a 30GB partition on my External hdd, which will share the boot, swap and root partition..
actually some recommend 50GB or more if you are a heavy user, as the updates and table generations take alot of space (like rainbow tables or some db tables storage :p)..
I will install it as soon as my external frees up from the work, and i'll follow this guide for reference: Install BackTrack 5 Revolution 2 on external hard drive

though i am a little concerned about the second last screenshot in which it says "sda would be formatted as swap".. :shock:
i don't wanna messup with my data on internal hdd, so let's see what comes up with the installation..

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Yes. Try Unetbootin.. Its work perfectly on my 16 GB pen drive.

See their tutorials

BackTrack Wiki

USB Live

And Minimum USB Drive capacity is 2 GB.

BTW.. What are the error are you getting. Write in details.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Thanks all.i was getting disk full error @ 70% after i tried to install on 14 gb free space on pendrive.But it worked on 14 gb Hdd space.

ratul

█████████████████
Thanks all.i was getting disk full error @ 70% after i tried to install on 14 gb free space on pendrive.But it worked on 14 gb Hdd space.

haha, worked for me too, installed it on a 30GB partition on my 1TB external (1GB Swap, 200mb boot, and rest root), and now working fine.. :)

and btw, you installed in 14GB space... :shock:, coz i think mine's taking ~12-13GB after installation, so there must be very less space now available for you for any updates.. :p

Top Bottom