AXN Banned for 2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
axn isn't coming here in delhi..
this is so sad :( :(
no csi , no amazing videos, no guiness, no ripleys, no fear factor!!

axn is a totally clean channel during the day, the 'indecent' shows come after 2300 hrs (bikini destinations), time by which most of the 'decent' public is asleep.

One possible reason why axn is banned could be because they used to show uncensored movies at eleven. For example they showed "wild things" totally uncensored!! :D, (which was awesome btw ;) ) That may have their first warning..

soham

In the zone
I dont understand why do you guys call shows indecent or decent people are asleep after 2300 hrs. The shows dont potray rape or murder or any kind of violence. They are only unsuitable for children. They are perfectly decent for adults.

praka123

left this forum longback
how can the gov ban AXN?who will enforce this ban all over India?for eg;small towns like mine! which of the Sarkari babus care about enforcing ban?
ssshhhh.I'm watching AXN now! .

Also what about those religious channels,Y the Sarkar not banning these Channels if not all?I can watch all these PTV,Saud etc where are you mere priya censorboard walle?

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Lucky_star said:
Anyway, let them learn the values of Indian Tradition and be descent in putting up their shows.
Absolutely! Now, please launch a new KamaSutra channel and a Tantric Sex FM in line with out great[1] *Indian Traditions and values*. Hah!
Those trying to moral police us are, in fact, the worst kind of scammers, murderes, pedophiles and perverts themselves.

[1] - Hypocritic and dualistic

rajasekharan

Youngling
yes, the govt should and must be moral.....thats what the govt is for, leading people to a better life , setting proper guide lines , that they live better .

IMO, they should ban t.v serials that shows high suicidal tendency , high violence, two piece clothing scenes...and all those...

those who wants to see them, offer a heavy paid channel or put it after 11PM, not at day time. the content regulation must be there on ads and all programs

"U" certified at morning and evening where kids happen to watch them. "u/a" at the times when they dont watch t.v s and NO "a". if u wanna watch , go to a theater or take a cd. or in a p.c without the knowledge of parents . simple

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
desertwind said:
Well, doesn't affect me at all. My relationship with TV is very limited.

NDTV/IBN while having dinner.
Never watches AXN, so no comments on the programmes.

Ditto here. Dinner time is TV time , that is news.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Instead of that they shud have banned the channel carrying Big Brother which handles shows with racist leanings. The reasons are grossly inadequate. Why dont u ban something worth banning and call the actress back.

rajasekharan

Youngling
@kumarmohit....they just cant go and ban channels like that.....they can send notice to them to stop contents like this from displaying to india....if they dont follow. then they can ban..

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
rajasekharan said:
@kumarmohit....they just cant go and ban channels like that.....they can send notice to them to stop contents like this from displaying to india....if they dont follow. then they can ban..

Who can't ban channels without writing letters, the Govt of India?

Dude they can ban any channel from being downlinked to India (They cant shut the foreign channels) and its called sovereignty. There is no need to send any notice to foreign channels. If they want they can ban channels out and out from being downlinked in India, no notices are required.

rajasekharan

Youngling
@kumarmohit....you are right, govt can ban channels right away if it shows unwanted things.or better still give a warning letter and a weeks time and ban if they dont implement it in a week, that would have been nice...:)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Anyway the point is that the govt is not banning wat shud be banned and just beating around the bush when it comes to the real issue.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Indyan said:
Wht!!
NOOOOOOO!!!
Amazing Race All Stars will start in feb.

AXN is one of the few channels worth watching.
Do I hear a fellow Amazing race fan? Yes I do.:)

F*cking sh*theads.I can't go on with other verbal abuses else I will be thrown out.Doesn't matter as this has surely p*ssed me off big time.First the whole cable black out,then this CAS thingy,DTH war,HBO-Star Movies hate game...blah blah freaking blah.What the hell do these people want? A purely saints driven country or something.What will they achieve by bringing it down? decrease the sex rate or the rape rates.This is really insane.It seems like finally everyone in the government is waking up to a fine day & making a new year resolution to kick more hypocricy in Indian soil.

Plus this is now a countrywide block out.I am missing out on Fear Factor,Ripley's Believe it or not,Guiness World Records,30 seconds to fame & heck even World's most Amazing video.:mad: Not to forget the Amazing Race which I dearly worship.:( I had it with this cheap mentality & dual standards.I guess even CAS now won't guarantee the channel block out sessions.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Mahesh_Bendale said:
I think they should first ban FTV,MTV &V Channel. There are much more skinshows on those channels.

Ahh..really? I didn't notice any bad in these channels.I doubt abt FTV though.

Vyasram

The pWnster
yeah.... our government is so immature.
axn is one of the best channels out there
anyway, there are internet streams out there
my cable-op usually steals channels like axn from other countries, so no probs for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom