avoiding virus or spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyanna

Broken In
i set up my old pc to use on the internet. it is very slow but still want some protection programs on it. after installing and uninstalling i kept only two programs avira freeware and peer guardian that runs decently. Are they enough to not get a virus or spyware?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
You should install a firewall to block malware intrusions in your computer from the Internet. CIS is a good one.

Update your antivirus to make sure that you are ready for detecting new threats if you come by.

BTW Peer Guardian is found to be a malware by some antiviruses such as NOD32....

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
k... now install a good firewall such as Comodo and update the database regularly. Sometimes scan the PC for viruses using Trojan Remover to check if by chance any viruses has entered...

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Make sure not to use Internet Explorer. Use a browser like Opera or firefox.

A (weaker) alternative to running antivirus is to run winpatrol or prevx. These apps monitor your system and prevent infection, while taking very little resources.

rohan_kumar011

Don't fear Rohan is here
Get Avast! antivirus....it works well...is very low on system resources and u can get a 1-yr license free from their website by registering. As for firewall...Comodo is of course good. Asan added security measure, if ur system (low) config permits, get Spybot Search and Destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom