Avoid Compulsory Registration in a Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintin100

Broken In
I know a big forum where every single id appearing on bug me not is banned by the admin and the message appears while trying to login "He he... dont use fake id, u r banned for ever"

Funny, isnt it?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
BugMeNot's in the zone from quite some time.

Initially, when no one was aware of it, it worked fine. But now, sites r becomin wary and not many registrations work now. In fact, it rarely works now. The GoogleBot method is a better way now.

Pathik

Google Bot
@phenom u need to replace the user agent of ur browser wit that of a google bot.. Chk the 1st post

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
phenom... freakitude mentioned it to an extent here:
Google Bot
Most of the websites today get maximum number of visitors from google. So all the websites including ones that require registration, would like to see their content indexed by Google. Therefore as soon as they detect the google bot, they allow it to acess pages that are normally restricted to human users, so if a normal human being visits the website using a web browser, he is politely redirected to the “Please register first” webpage.
There is a cool Firefox Extension called Firefox User Agent Switcher that lets you switch the user agent so that the reg-only website is fooled to think that you are a web spider.
You can download the Firefox user agent switcher extension here . After downloading and installing the extension you have to do the following:-
Goto Tools>>Extensions>>Select User Agent Switcher
Click Options button and select User Agents from the Sidebar.
Then click Add to add new User Agent.
In the description box write “Google Bot” and in the User Agent Box write “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; googlebot/2.1; +*www.google.com/bot.html)” .
Done. Enjoy !

In case u need a flash tutorial to convert firefox to googlebots :
*www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/firefox-user-agent-googlebot

To change the User Agent string, just enter about:config as an address in the address bar of FireFox, the location where you normally enter a URL (link). I recommend to preserve the original value, which you can get when you enter just about: in the address bar.
Now press the right mouse button to get the context menu and select "String" from the menu entry "New". Enter the preference name "general.useragent.override", without the quotes. Next, enter the new User Agent value you want Mozilla Firefox to use. Like Googlebot/2.1 (+*www.googlebot.com/bot.html). Check the new value by entering about: in the address bar.
My about:config string for general.useragent.extra.firefox is Firefox/2.0 MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 RAPIDSHARE 1.0 Googlebot 2.1 directly. All in one solution.

Works in most cases for GoogleBottin... but sites r gettin clever... so no guarantee it'll work for every site!!!

Last edited:

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
This is a very good way..........

You need to visit a forum just once coz you found a useful link in some search engine, and you will need to register and activate the account by opening an email inbox, and when you reach the page, you find it was about something else............. Isn't that frustrating?? Thumbs up for bugmenot...

pirates1323

In the zone
yes yes ... i keep on thinkin tht why google can access these type of sites but not us .... i got the answer .. awsome thxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom