AVI to VCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiOn

Broken In
Hi guys
i have a few AVI files that i want to convert to VCD's. i tried using Nero to burn them on to the cd's but the conversion from AVi to VCD seems to take ages!! i tried it a few times and got frustrated. :evil:
Does the conversion require any special hardware?
I am using Nero 6 and my cofiguration is:
P4 2 ghz, 256 MB RAM, onboard graphics(intel 845)
please help!!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
why cant u use a convertor to convert the avi's...
there are many softwares....,to convert those...
it takes a lot of time to convert those..., after u have converted, u can burn it to cd.

sumanpaul

Right off the assembly line
yep first convert AVI to MPEG or DIV-X then Burn ...btw there is another format on air now which give better result than DIV-X also , cant remember the name right now ... but an article is there about it in a magazine named IC-CHIP. I read that in my friend house.It seems to be promising.

theraven

Technomancer
use:
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/search.gif
read forum rules @ *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6781

theraven

Technomancer
damn it !!
fine here i go
zion ... the version of nero ur using .. i dun think has inbuilt codecs to do the coding
i remember i tried it once too
get a newer version of nero to do it

or else use the followin methods
they are mostly dvd to vcd conversions ... but u have to skip to the last step of using TMPGENC to make ur mpg
or u can use virtualdub etc as others may have suggested

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9454&highlight=avi+vcd
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5880&highlight=avi+vcd
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5338&highlight=avi+vcd

OP
Z

ZiOn

Broken In
hey guys does Nero 6 do the conversion from AVi to VCD directly or is it necessary to use a different s/w to convert(e.g virtualdub etc)? if so please specify some.
also if it does do it how long(time) should it take to convert a 200 MB AVi file to Vcd?
and raven i did read the rules and searched the forum before posting.only none of the previous posts seem to answer my question.

OP
Z

ZiOn

Broken In
hey thanks for the answers ppl. i managed to convert the files to Vcd using AVi to Vcd converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom