AVI or DAT or WMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I recorded some video using my handycam. now i want it to play in most of the VCD players. Someone told me that DAT format loses the quality of the video. Is it true.

Tell me in which format shud i convert the video??

puja399

In the zone
To preserve the video quality, u need to convert it into MPEG2 video, make a DVD, that is. U can't watch MPEG2 in VCD players, u need a DVD player.

choudang

Padawan
u can capture the video in any format from your hadycam, but when you will burn it to VCD format, it will encoded to .DAT format automatically. quality of .DAT filr depends on fps.

Your question should read xxxx codec or MPEG1 or WMV. DAT isn't a format, it's a container. The DAT files you find on VCD's are MPEG1. Similarily AVI is also a container, not a format.

Go through www.videohelp.com "What is" and "How to" sections.

Keith

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@ Tatti Prashad:
Your avatar was gross. Try to use avatar's with care and dont misuse it. I have deleted your avatar and disabled your avatar rights.

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
if i first convert the file into divx format, then burn using nero by selecting it as BURN VIDEO DISC, will it work in normal VCD players??

shwetanshu said:
if i first convert the file into divx format, then burn using nero by selecting it as BURN VIDEO DISC, will it work in normal VCD players??

NO. But if you burn it as data cd/dvd, it will work with DIVX compatible Philips/Mitashi/LG DVD players.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom