Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Avengers: Engame - 9/10
A roller-coaster ride full of emotions, joy and sadness. Excellent ending for the Avengers timeline.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Watched Avengers: Endgame today and all I can say is that it's okay (7/10). That's all.

I think the hype is really overblown.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Avengers:EndGame 8/10

Good but did not meet expectations or the hype that was created.
For me, till now only "Bahubali 2" surpassed the hype and expectations it created from part 1.

Endgame was a bit dramatic, I mean much on drama and less on action.

icebags

Technomancer
Watched Avengers: Endgame today and all I can say is that it's okay (7/10). That's all.

I think the hype is really overblown.
nah hype is fine. people had a connection with the characters for so long. it was an emotional situation to bid goodbye to them, as many of the audience grew up with them for a decade. apart from that the plot, the story and action stuff were top notch for a superhero movie.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Avengers End Game ....wont say much, but Infinity Wars was much much far better, infact IW for me was one ot the top two all time MCU movie of the 22 produced. EG was good but no way near to IW .... 6.5/10 for EG

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
nah hype is fine. people had a connection with the characters for so long. it was an emotional situation to bid goodbye to them, as many of the audience grew up with them for a decade. apart from that the plot, the story and action stuff were top notch for a superhero movie.

I would agree the hype was for the connection and sentiments and that way EG does not disappoint. It was indeed a nice goodbye bid. But as a movie in entirety infinity wars was much better, the humour, the actions the entrance .. was just phenomenal in IW. EG .... played more on sentimental goodbye thingi .. :)

icebags

Technomancer
I would agree the hype was for the connection and sentiments and that way EG does not disappoint. It was indeed a nice goodbye bid. But as a movie in entirety infinity wars was much better, the humour, the actions the entrance .. was just phenomenal in IW. EG .... played more on sentimental goodbye thingi .. :)

IW was awesome indeed. EG was more on the saddistic side. i would add, the post catastrophic defeat condition was quite well established as well. some people gave up, some lost their mind and few went desperate. it was gloomy when they had no clue, and when brighter when there was a faint light of hope. apart from that, thanos's response toward altering events was quite enjoyable.

however, it felt narishakti somehow went OP somewhere.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've some questions on EG

>Who decided the mission assignments for avengers when picking up infinity stones?
>Was it random selection or wilful?
>Asking as, soul stone requires a sacrifice of a soul. None in post "thanos snap" team possess the same affection towards each other other than Hawkeye and Black Widow. The mission would have failed if anyone else went there.
I think, sending Hawkeye and Black Widow to fetch soul stone was planned and the sacrifice was expected.
Really cold!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^I call it a convenient plot device coupled with excuse of them used to working as a team because as shown later they didn't know what they had to do to get this stone.

icebags

Technomancer
^^ apparently they showed us the story of only the one reality among the 14 million, where they succeeded. :lol:

in some other reality some other combination took place and probably that failed - that would be my guess. :D

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ apparently they showed us the story of only the one reality among the 14 million, where they succeeded. :lol:

in some other reality some other combination took place and probably that failed - that would be my guess. :D
And that's why it is a plot device because it is must for success/plot.

P.S. btw a bigger question is
stones were supposed to be returned to keep timelines intact but what happens to gammora timeline if she does not return to her original timeline & without her there will be no peter quill rise to guardians of galaxy & no Thanos getting soul stone in that timeline.

icebags

Technomancer
And that's why it is a plot device because it is must for success/plot.

P.S. btw a bigger question is
stones were supposed to be returned to keep timelines intact but what happens to gammora timeline if she does not return to her original timeline & without her there will be no peter quill rise to guardians of galaxy & no Thanos getting soul stone in that timeline.

interesting point, that did exactly not go as planned. (spoiler->) some people died in future, unlike the last time in their original timeline, including thanos. which opens up new possibilities for future chapters.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The very fact that people need to :
1) ask questions to understand the plotline better (mental thought provoking and open to interpretations)
2) prevent spoilers from propagating (unexpected events happening)
3) relate to characters that have been built up from many movies ago

proves infinity war/endgame to be a better movie than any bahubali, robot, blabla garbage bollywood /southhood throws up.
Just my opinion..

IW was more action heavy, a lot was happening in a short period of time.
EG was more drama, it was the end of all passages in time. EG could have been a lot better if thor wasnt nerfed to hell..Should be a warning to all, to drink responsively lol

The best kind of story is one that is open to reader/viewer interpretations. Thats why Game Of Thrones is so succesful.. Unfortunately, indian cinema doesnt like those kinds of movies.

ALSO
if loki in past timeline escaped with space stone, does it mean that he avoids his death by thanos.

narishakti was over the top in EG. Marvel was mary sue.
How to make good female badass characters :
Give them proper backstory relevant to story, build upon it and execute it
Examples : Scarlett Witch, Arya Stark, Lyanna mormont, Ripley etc.
How to make bad female characters : Rey, Captain Marvel etc.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
more speculations with spoilers, in continuation to my above post (select all to read) ----- vv
that means, there were no infinity war in that past time line.
how could cap actually return the stones to all those different entities, who are scattered all accros universe ? add to that some are non living (that ghostly smoky guardian guy on virmir), some did not have any clue of that gone stolen, etc.
well, some people raised these questions, and directors admitted that thing there actually CREATED another TIMELINE.
so what kind of story is old captain hiding. how did he return to his original timeline ?

may be future will tell, or may be not..... but things don't line up. there is surely something fishy cooking inside. :)

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

We have three Chris in this :D
Good to see Stan Lee in Cameo role

I've some questions on EG

>Who decided the mission assignments for avengers when picking up infinity stones?
>Was it random selection or wilful?
>Asking as, soul stone requires a sacrifice of a soul. None in post "thanos snap" team possess the same affection towards each other other than Hawkeye and Black Widow. The mission would have failed if anyone else went there.
I think, sending Hawkeye and Black Widow to fetch soul stone was planned and the sacrifice was expected.
Really cold!
No, Soul Stone sacrifice was unknown to the team and even Hawkeye & BW were surprised that a sacrifice was needed to get it.

@Nerevarine: The present timeline is unaffected by the past timeline where Loki Escaped.
Though, He will have some role to play in future.
Yes, He escaped Death by Thanos as Thanos himself landed on present to get the infinity stones.

@whitestar_999 : Peter Quill is in search of the past Gamora and in the end he is leading the team of Guardian of the Galaxy, may be Asguardian of the Galaxy with Thor in his team.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Zangetsu
That Peter Quill is the resurrected version,original Peter Quill would not have successfully gathered others together as guardians of the galaxy if not for gamora. Also if there is no Thanos in past then events of IW would have been null & void which is not the case. My guess is that after all stones were returned to their timelines,those timelines reset to their original form meaning Thanos came back in past to successfully initiate events of IW.Same is the case with Loki's death just like Thor's mother as per their original timelines.Just think of appearance of past Thanos version & his army/generals/daughters as an anomaly removing which resulted in resurrection of all those lost during IW event after 5 years.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Restoring Infinity stones has nothing to do with Thanos presence. If Thanos came in past then in the end restoring the stones would Trigger the Thanos timeline again which is not the case. There are some things which Infinity stones can't resurrect such as Vision and Gamora. Restoring the stones will just make their respective timeline well-balanced. So, we won't see Thanos 3 again

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I meant was that Thanos was restored in the past to cause IW event & then died at the hands of Thor.Obviously Vision & Gamora can't be resurrected because that would deviate from original timeline.Thanos is indeed dead but it is just that he dies 2 times without realising it(his past version dies without knowing that he will be restored to die again as IW version).

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Why did Thanos even come to the current timeline ? Why didn't he change the timeline he was in? That would've been easier.

sygeek

Technomancer
Why did Thanos even come to the current timeline ? Why didn't he change the timeline he was in? That would've been easier.
He came to their timeline because they already had all the infinity stones with glove and everything ready. And he also wanted to destroy their timeline's universe because according to him their Universe was an "experiment gone wrong" that he wanted to remove any evidence of.

Top Bottom