Availability of Intel's Pentium G4560?

Harveyy

Broken In
Hi there community members , i was looking to build a budget gaming pc around 30k and pentium g4560 seems to be right choice but the thing is that i cant find it online with a decent price, all the listings are either priced very high (2-3x the actual price) or are out of stock . I have also read some threads that rumors are that intel may discontinue this chip. what are your recommendations? should i wait for new stocks and maybe even for ryzen 3 or should buy just the i3? Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi there community members , i was looking to build a budget gaming pc around 30k and pentium g4560 seems to be right choice but the thing is that i cant find it online with a decent price, all the listings are either priced very high (2-3x the actual price) or are out of stock . I have also read some threads that rumors are that intel may discontinue this chip. what are your recommendations? should i wait for new stocks and maybe even for ryzen 3 or should buy just the i3? Thanks.
Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz Dual-Core LGA 1151 Processor

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Don't wait for Ryzen 3 esp. when you want to fit things in this budget. If Ryzen 3 comes with no iGPU, definitely your budget won't be good enough to buy everything. Wait for G4560, if they don't restock, get the cheapest possible or go for i3/older Pentium.

OP
Harveyy

Harveyy

Broken In
Don't wait for Ryzen 3 esp. when you want to fit things in this budget. If Ryzen 3 comes with no iGPU, definitely your budget won't be good enough to buy everything. Wait for G4560, if they don't restock, get the cheapest possible or go for i3/older Pentium.
thnx and i will wait for g4560 to restock and check some local stores as well maybe they have some lying around who knows or else i would buy i3 and for the ryzen3 i wasn't planning to use iGPU anyway

billubakra

Conversation Architect
thnx and i will wait for g4560 to restock and check some local stores as well maybe they have some lying around who knows or else i would buy i3 and for the ryzen3 i wasn't planning to use iGPU anyway

DO NOT wait for Ryzen. I would have built my rig 2 months earlier but I waited as members told me Vega's launch will bring down prices. Look at the scenario now, I am not able to even find the parts that I want. When Ryzen 3 is launched, I am sure there will be considerable change in the market.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
With 30k, you're looking to build a rig with dedicated GPU?

vevdare

Broken In
yes i too have been looking for this proccy...Amazon is using this demand and they are charging 11K for G4560!Gosh!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
yes i too have been looking for this processor...Amazon is using this demand and they are charging 11K for G4560!Gosh!
Let the prices come down or buy locally for 8.5k approx. Normally computer component prices are high in Amazon always when compared with other sites.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buying G4560 for 8.5k is a bad idea.It is better to keep any pc building on hold & wait for prices to come down to normal levels.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
official statement from Intel is that they haven't discontinued g4560.. it's out of stock because of high demand , Intel may be supplying them in small quantities as it has impacted i3 sales...

it is not worth it to pay more than 5.5-6k max for this cpu..

wait for ryzen 3 1200 full quad core.. it is launching on 27 July.. no Confirmation on price yet but expect it around 9k .. so if g4560 is not available simply buy ryzen 3 .. and my guess is when ryzen 3 starts selling we will also get good availability of g4560

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ryzen 3 hitting the market in couple of weeks, hopefully we can find in our market soon.

Expecting Ryzen 3 will be priced around i3 :Fingerx:

Top Bottom