Automatic Shut down and No Power ON problems

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
It's been just a month since I purchased the system and already I have had major issues..

The PC automatically Turns Off(No BSOD, no crash dump just poof) and then when i press the power button nothing happens..
This has started a few days back and is really getting on my nerves.

The first time I was just watching a movie and then suddenly the PC went dead..and repeatedly trying to power up the PC again had no results...

I thought it could be something related to insufficient power, SO , I unplugged the PSU and waited for a few minutes and tried again, but NOTHING...I pressed the power button for a few seconds to discharge any static charge(which has worked for many people having similar issues) but to no avail...

But the system started up fine the next morning before doing the irritating thing AGAIN after a few minutes...
Now I use the PC fearing when it will go DUD again...

Guys I need help here and i need it fast please...should i call up the corsair guys and ask for a replacement...coz I've tried reassembling and the thing happens at somepoint or the other...

I've figured out two possible reasons for it
PSU - VX550W(most likely)
Cabby - HAF 912

the thing is the light on the mouse is lit up all the time even if the PC won't start...So the PSU IS supplying power to the mobo right???

And I remember of having the same issue when I set up my rig...but it worked in few tries...

DAMN!!I'm so Pissed right now..

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Could you elaborate on that...Once the system was running fine and I accidently bumped into it and then it went dead again...and I'm using it now but only when I had to power on the PC for 5 times repeatedly after it turned off again and again...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the thing is the light on the mouse is lit up all the time even if the PC won't start...So the PSU IS supplying power to the mobo right???

yes. PSU fan is running, right? or PSU is off but mouse light is on (looks unlikely)?

And I remember of having the same issue when I set up my rig...but it worked in few tries...

do you have access to anyone's PSU. friend, relative? try it by removing the GPU. the PC should at lest get into bios & than display the no graphics error/msg. try it. if PC boots, disturb the Corsair guys. but double check everything.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Yup, when the PSU is swithced ON...

And my friends use 4-5 year old PSU which aren't capable enough to run my setup...the voltage rails won't be sufficient I guess...
Is it really the PSU and how is Corsair's service?? I mean do they send someone to your home or do you have to reach them..

try it by removing the GPU. the PC should at lest get into bios & than display the no graphics error/msg.

If I remove the GPU then there will be NO DISPLAY so how will I see into BIOS???:?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yup, when the PSU is swithced ON...

And my friends use 4-5 year old PSU which aren't capable enough to run my setup...the voltage rails won't be sufficient I guess...
Is it really the PSU and how is Corsair's service?? I mean do they send someone to your home or do you have to reach them..

you have to send the unit.

If I remove the GPU then there will be NO DISPLAY so how will I see into BIOS???:?

oops. i missed that your board have no IGP or any video out. & running your system on some old cheap PSU will result in the PSU getting burnt or poof.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
It's the PSU..that's what it seems to be..
I used the PSU in my old pc and the fan was not working..but i tried it continuously for about 10 min and it spun for a sec and then went dud again..
To be sure i want to check my mobo too..but my old psu has a 20-pin and 4-pin molex instead of 24 and 8 which my mobo does..so it won't work right?
Will call Corsair guys and ask for RMA..

Top Bottom