Automatic minimized

Status
Not open for further replies.

upendra_gp

In the zone
whenever i play games like NFSU or NFSU2 or any, the game window automatically minimizes! EVen when playing media files also! tell me what
to do plz!

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Some program is trying to get to the front I guess. Check if u have recently installed any spyware/malware using spybot or something. Try disabling the screensaver for good measure.
Also make sure you have the latest directx and any OS/game patches.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
When does game minimize ?
Just when you start the game ...
or somewhere in middle of races randomly ?

-----
alibi

OP
U

upendra_gp

In the zone
hey plz asnswer fast plz because our holidays are ending really really fast!
I reinstalled all the games but still the problem persists!
I have also ran a check with Spybot S&D latest!
It only found Alexa!
I deleted it.
I installed a game known as Sherlock Holmes The Mystery of the Mummy but the problem also occurs with this game !
Please help me fast!!! :cry:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Has this happened only recently ?
Are you using onboard graphics; if so, have you changed the BIOS settings recently ?
When the window minimizes, is the rest of the screen black or does it show the normal Windows background ?

I have a reason for all these questions. Sometimes, when there isn't enough video RAM to run your application, the window will auto-minimize. The symptom may show up if a part of the onboard RAM on the graphics card has become defective.

krish

Journeyman
Do u use a firewall?? Sometimes the game tries to connect to the internet and the firewall, in order to seek a permission from the user, pops up which causes the game to either stop or minimize.

Happened with me while using McAfee Firewall. Try disabling the firewall before starting the game.

OP
U

upendra_gp

In the zone
Has this happened only recently ?
=NO!
Are you using onboard graphics; if so, have you changed the BIOS settings recently ?
=NO
When the window minimizes, is the rest of the screen black or does it show the normal Windows background ?
=screen black
I dont use a firewall!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
upendra_gp said:
=screen black
It sounds like insufficient graphics memory, either because your gfx card does not have enough VRAM or because some of it has become defective. I've come across similar cases in the past.

What gfx card are you using ? How much RAM does it have ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom