mohityadavx

Youngling
Hi!

I am having Reliance broadband connection. i often download big files and leave my system turned on entire night. However the reliance portal log out on its own wish sometimes so there is no download but wastage of electricity and loads of frusturation.:x

I want a software which turns off the system if there is no data transfer. I download from both direct download(Via firefox) and P2P(Utorrent);

PS:- downloading frm utorrent is not illegal , downloading illegal stuff is!!:cool:

come on guys there must be some software one can use.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Try this.
How To Get Auto Shutdown Manager | Auto Shutdown Manager reviews and free downloads

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Try this.
How To Get Auto Shutdown Manager | Auto Shutdown Manager reviews and free downloads

The app is all right but not specific to my need. I want to shut down when there is no transmission of data.

Now i am also open to paid software just tell ,me the name and the link.:|

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Hmm
i just checked the site on URLvoid and Mcafee sitescan and virustotal
the site is safe

it must be a false warning from WOT :)
sorry

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
interesting question!
I don't know if such an application exists, but I am sure one can code such an application. I'll give it a try ? just don't get your hopes too high , I am amateur programmer , not sure if I will be able to do this.

Edit: damned , i was kind of excited about coding this app, but there already exists something :( .
Link

Last edited:
OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
interesting question!
I don't know if such an application exists, but I am sure one can code such an application. I'll give it a try ? just don't get your hopes too high , I am amateur programmer , not sure if I will be able to do this.

Edit: damned , i was kind of excited about coding this app, but there already exists something :( .
Link

thanx but i wasn't able to find the software on the net. however i found something even better at sourceforge.net

ShutDowner

Hoping it works well without any issue!!

La Viva OpenSource!!!

Edit: OOPS!!!! it is under construction maybe youcould help that helpful indian guy who is making this project..

bump.........

Last edited:
OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Finally this software worked out for me which has all the required features and many more about which I hadn't thought but may come handy:-

AMP WINOFF

Testing it right now..........

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Wow
this software just meets your criterion
congrats op

offtopic
why does your net connection turn off?
does auto redialing help resuming the connection?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
Works just fine for me. Set the protocol on the "Network Transfer" section and killed my access. Shut of gracefully. Also gives an option for LAN adapters...!

Though one should disable Windows start up, and "Auto Reactivate" in the General Options, cause the setting gets triggered again.

Really nice find. Thanks for this. Hope it works for you too.

Persistence.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Wow
this software just meets your criterion
congrats op

offtopic
why does your net connection turn off?
does auto redialing help resuming the connection?

actuallly in reliance u need to log in everytime u surf the net and it automatically log out a fixed interval in hours. so at night sometimes it doesn't log out till i wake up and sometimes it does log out.

However this software is even more useful as sometimes i download big files(say 30-40 gb) and they are poorly seeded and it will turn off the system if i am getting speed less than 10 kbps for more than 5 minutes.

@OP:
Works just fine for me. Set the protocol on the "Network Transfer" section and killed my access. Shut of gracefully. Also gives an option for LAN adapters...!

Though one should disable Windows start up, and "Auto Reactivate" in the General Options, cause the setting gets triggered again.

Really nice find. Thanks for this. Hope it works for you too.

Persistence.

its working just fine 4 me...............:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom