Audio Switcher

Champ

.NET Guru
Hi Guys,
Looking for a cheap audio switcher (or what ever it is called)

1. It should have 2 female 3.5 mm ports as input and either am male/female 3.5 mm port as output.
2. A switch to select one of the audio inputs

More or Less like this one with a switch to select source

*i41.tinypic.com/2dm5tw4.jpg

Basically planning to use same speaker for both xbox and Pc

I am pretty sure such kind of devices do exist, but unable to find one at the moment

Any pointers would be appreciated...

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
you have to look in hardware shops by yourself to get one idont think such device would be available on online stores since mainly these are manufactured by local brands.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
Hi Guys,
Looking for a cheap audio switcher (or what ever it is called)

1. It should have 2 female 3.5 mm ports as input and either am male/female 3.5 mm port as output.
2. A switch to select one of the audio inputs

More or Less like this one with a switch to select source

*i41.tinypic.com/2dm5tw4.jpg

Basically planning to use same speaker for both xbox and Pc

I am pretty sure such kind of devices do exist, but unable to find one at the moment

Any pointers would be appreciated...

I got the same thing for 10 bucks from nehru place
U can get it from any local hawker sitting on the ground floor area...or go to first floor shops in siddhart building

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^You must have got "audio-splitter". OP is asking for "audio splitter cum switcher"

@OP- Are you sure such devices exist? (except for scale of sound engineer)

OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
you have to look in hardware shops by yourself to get one idont think such device would be available on online stores since mainly these are manufactured by local brands.

Hey, Dont blame me, blame Internet for making me Damm Lazy :lol:

I got the same thing for 10 bucks from nehru place
U can get it from any local hawker sitting on the ground floor area...or go to first floor shops in siddhart building

Know the shop u r talking about, but as sujay said, looking for Audio switcher not spliter

^You must have got "audio-splitter". OP is asking for "audio splitter cum switcher"

@OP- Are you sure such devices exist? (except for scale of sound engineer)

When posted this I was Daam sure, but after 2 hrs of fruitless search, even I am a bit doubtful,
Three years back I would have made it myself in less than 15 mins but now even my soldering iron has stopped working.

Looks like my weekend will be spend hunting Nehru Place/Lajpat Rai market.

Cost of device is hardly Rs 50 but will pay 4-5 times of that if I can get this sitting on my comfy sofa. So any online will be highly appriciated...

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Sound will not be as good as it suppose to be when you use splitter or even line-in from pc audio(leaving some good quality audio cards from asus or creative), which may include sound distortion with certain type or level of audio.
I tried same with my Xbox setup(with line-in). The quality of audio is completely different when using line-in with any sound card or when using speakers directly with your pc or Xbox. First I tried it with alc8xx series integrated audio, take mass effect 2 for example the sound of assault rifle distort just way 2 much and it almost sound like 5-10 people farting in front of you. While result from asus xonar dx audio card is far better but still a bit not upto the mark. Direct speakers setup is the best thing, leaving the part of connecting cables again n again.-(

Top Bottom