audio device is disabled

stellar

Journeyman
I scan the pc with driver update software and it updated the realtek audio driver since then i am getting "audio device is disabled". no audio is heard i uninstalled the driver software and did uninstall and reinstall the audio driver but same problem. I searched in the net also but couldn't find it helpful. please help.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Are you on Windows? do you have System Restore Enabled on your system drive? Most likely it might have created a restore point before driver install. Try system restore and check. Have you tried with installing the original driver that came with the motherboard or sound card?

Check if any underlying services e.g Windows Audio got disabled somehow. Generally it gives a different message like 'Audio Service Not running' in that case though.

OP
stellar

stellar

Journeyman
Are you on Windows? do you have System Restore Enabled on your system drive? Most likely it might have created a restore point before driver install. Try system restore and check. Have you tried with installing the original driver that came with the motherboard or sound card?

Check if any underlying services e.g Windows Audio got disabled somehow. Generally it gives a different message like 'Audio Service Not running' in that case though.

Tried installing from original driver but still same problem.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
How about System Restore?

Also when you are uninstalling the Driver did you also select 'Delete Driver Software for this Device'?

Top Bottom