Audigy 2 ZS PP channel intermixing problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremedia

Broken In
hi i hav a Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro.
i am using it in 7.1 configuration, such that the Front L/R goto Line in of Hi-Fi Music System and other channels goto a Artis X10 - 5.1 speaker system.
I am using the 3.5" -> 3 RCA cable that is similar to the cable dat comes wid Camcorders(i.e audio L/R,Video on a single jack,basically 3 channels on one jack instead of regular 2 channels)
For 7.1 two such cables are plugged in, and the appropriate RCA jacks go to the Speaker input of the 5.1 System.
My problem is that of a channel leakage.
The Center,Side Left,Side Right channels seem to be mixed up.
i.e the Center sounds come thru the Side Left as well as Side right speakers.
same happens with Side L,Side R.
i.e basically all three channels come from all three speakers.

(though the sound is louder from its intended speaker it still is audible from the other 2 speakers)

This DOES NOT happen with Real Left/Rear Right channels and they sound as they should.(and they too are on another 3 channel 3.5" jack)

The things i have checked are:
-CMSS is turned OFF
-I have tried interchanging the 3.5" -> 3 RCA cables
-Theres no Upmix enabled on the 5.1 Speaker set, so input is 5.1 nd output is 5.1 unaltered

Why is this happening? is dis because of the cable?
Is there any solution?
would be glad if somebody could help me out.......

sashijoseph

In the zone
OK lemme try....
Here's how you connected.

Lineout3 --> 4-pole(3-RCA) --> Artis's Centre, Sub,
F-left
Lineout2 -->4-pole(3-RCA)--> Artis's R-left, R-right, F-right
Lineout1 --> 3-pole(2-RCA)--> HiFi's Left, Right

Have you done a channel test? Does it play OK?
What content are you using (DVD,game,2-channel)?
Software?
I think for the side left and side right chanels to work correctly you would need a DD-EX source.Otherwise the two 'new' channels(as opposed to 5.1) would probably be fed from the centre channel with some kind of emulation.
So try with a DD-ex DVD with DD-ex capable player(software).

OP
X

xtremedia

Broken In
i shuld have mentioned dat..
- i have done a channel test and the result is the same.
- I have also tried multichannel sources like the miles audio sound demo with 7.1 as audio configuration and same thing happens.

and 1 more thing,
In the surround mixer,
1) I set the volume of side left and side right to 0%, and center to 100%
then also i get sounds from all the three speakers, though the loudest sound is from Center
2)this is true for all the combinations of Side left,Side right, Center

Also when i set speaker config to 5.1,
due to the center signal i get center sounds from the side L/R too though they shuld not be in the picture in a 5.1 config.

and also i have tried the 3 RCA cables, 2 at a time into my properly working Sony Hi-FI just to make sure the speakers were not the problem and here too i find the mixing of channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom