Atlast a world class Chassis in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

I was in the market yesterday, & saw this new iBox cabinet, although not yet available for sale here, I just saw a poster of it, then came home & searched on iworld website to get more info

Presenting iBox i531 Cabinet, said to be grantsdale ready & certified, comes with a 350 W Power supply

*www.iballonline.com/images/product/i531.gif

It comes with a 92 MM rear exhaust fan already given, alongwith a side exhaust fan too, to make the system even more cool, it has air vents in side & front

Take a look

Now, this is atlast a cheap & strong cabinet I have seen for the first time in Indian market, I have decided to get this as soon as it ships.

:lol: World Class?? Definitely not. Poor fit and finish. I own one of these iBoxes (Grab It). Even though it's better than i531, it's not up to scratch when it comes to cage design. Feels cheap inside.

Edit: <ADD> The low price may look good, but soon you'll be spending more on a new PSU. The iBox ones should las a couple of months on average.

-k

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
If that's world class, then mine is much more worthier than I had imagined.
*img308.imageshack.us/img308/2785/elegance6nw.th.jpg
(I own that black one.)

sba

Journeyman
You should have a look at their i701 cabinet. It has EXCELLENT build quality, is a Thermally Advantaged Chassis (TAC) and comes with a PSU of 400W that provides decent voltage under load.

i531 though a TAC has poor build quality but is far ahead of their older models like grabit and stuff...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i am using an IBOX I531 (grantsdale ready) for the past 6-7 months and lemme inform all of u that this cabinet sux big time ... it has a very very poor build quality. the material is just too soft. the front drive panels are pathetic and get inserted into the cabinet even if u just press them lightly by mistake. I have changed the smps to an Antec 400W , the company fitted 350W smps was okay but I dint want to take any risk. Stay away from all Ibox Cabinets. Go for sturdier stuff like VIP,UMAX etc. Ibox cabinets are just good to look at and nothing else.

imjimmy

Broken In
All the PSU's with the generic cabby's are crap anyway..

The point to consider here is that does this Chassis lower the temprature.

I don't care much about the build quality.. but this is the only cabby i saw with a proper side vent and a rear big fan..

Anyway my Board temp's are always less than 40..

But the CPU temp on idle is 40-45 and on load varies between 55-63..

azhaga

Right off the assembly line
there is one more called antec .. have any one heard of it ??

*www.antecindia.com/images/P160.jpg
*www.theitdepot.com/images/P160_inside.jpg

i call these as special cause they are Made from recycled fighter jets

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
iBox cabinets look good but they use the cheapest quality materials. The metal inside is so thin that it starts denting on the slightest pressure.

theraven

Technomancer
yes we have all heard of antec
and they arent made from recycled fighter jets
read the fine print on the site !!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I had that Ibox Cabinet just for the heck of it but its one of the most Shi**iest cabinet i ahve ever owned.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
After seeing that antec's inside, I have more respect for my cabinet now coz it looks exactly the same in my zebronics.

imjimmy

Broken In
The low price may look good, but soon you'll be spending more on a new PSU. The iBox ones should las a couple of months on average.

Wow! is that really true. Are Iball PSU's that bad!

So far mine seems to be fine with the voltages and the temps also.

godzi_85

In the zone
hmmm colorsit cases are good too.
ya obviuosly not comparable to antec or thermaltake . but well they are good...
and i have seen in al cases ibox,zebronics, colorsit. the finishing touches are not there ..
so your left with sharp ends that invariably leave you with cuts and scratches :( ... this is not good .

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Here's their website

*www.colors-it.com.cn/01_home/index.asp

But I have no clue where its available at in India.

royal

Padawan
Hey guys thnx for all this wonderful info :D

Heck I didn't know IBall was this bad :(

Anyway I have been using a Navtech HTNT- CB - 2688 B cse for some time now

*www.navtech.org/home.htm

Features:
0.7 mm thickness
No sharp edges
450 W psu (I doubt that but its goota be 400 W atleast)
provision for adding 90 mm fan at the rear and a 80 mm fan in front
digital temp sensor which shows temp of the cabinet . If this goes above 38 C (u can change the settings) two side panel fans goes to work until cabinet temp is below 38 C
front USB and headphone ports

However if I had the greenbucks I would have definitely gone for a
VIP or better still ANTEC 8)

can't afford them at present :cry:

Zaysen

Broken In
Navtech Cabinet Is Very Good Much Better Than Antec with Mod

royal said:
Hey guys thnx for all this wonderful info :D

Heck I didn't know IBall was this bad :(

Anyway I have been using a Navtech HTNT- CB - 2688 B cse for some time now

*www.navtech.org/home.htm

Features:
0.7 mm thickness
No sharp edges
450 W psu (I doubt that but its goota be 400 W atleast)
provision for adding 90 mm fan at the rear and a 80 mm fan in front
digital temp sensor which shows temp of the cabinet . If this goes above 38 C (u can change the settings) two side panel fans goes to work until cabinet temp is below 38 C
front USB and headphone ports

However if I had the greenbucks I would have definitely gone for a
VIP or better still ANTEC 8)

can't afford them at present :cry:

I was Much Pleased By the Navtech Cabinet of Your's Which i also like very much as it is very Economical and Well Designed Even Much Better than the Antec P160 Which Retails In New delhi for Rs 9100.00 without Power Supply.I have used this Nav Tech Cabinet Model Of Your's on Many PC's Assembled by Myself,But with a Slight Modification.I have discarded the Navtech's Power Supply and Just Bought the Cabinet for Rs 1000/- In Nehru Place Delhi and Inside it Fitted a Antec 450 Watts Power Supply For Rs 3500/- there by killing 2 Birds with 1 Stone.

What Do You Think About that!

royal

Padawan
Hey Zaysen, that's cool man :D

I plan to replace the Navtech PSU with a VIP or ANTEC psu when I have the money :cry: still out of reach for me :(

other than that I am very satisfied with this cabinet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom