[Want to Buy] ATI Radeon DVI to HDMI Adapter !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailStonE

Broken In
I want the DVI to HDMI adapter which can transmit audio signals as well... Most generic converters do not transfer audio but only videos. I've a HD4850 with dual DVI ports. The DVI ports can supply audio through these specific adapters. I would be using this to connect my HDTV. The card was bought from another user & this adapter was not available.

If anybody is ready to sell then please help me out...

New ATI Radeon DVI to HDMI Adapter 6140063501G w/ Audio | eBay

HIS DVI to HDMI Adapter for ATI 6000 / 5000 / 4000 / 3000 series < Cables & Adapters < Gaming Accessories < Products | HIS Graphic Cards

Gollum

Collector
DVI does not produce audio.
you can never get audio out from the dvi port so the only option is to get an adapter for the video and connect the audio separately.
the e-bay link has wrong description posted.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
DVI does not produce audio.
you can never get audio out from the dvi port so the only option is to get an adapter for the video and connect the audio separately.
the e-bay link has wrong description posted.
Actually with some ATi graphic cards, it was possible. :) It was pretty common in HD 4850/70 era (with adapter) when HDMI ports were not there by default in graphic cards.

Gollum

Collector
really? can you post a link to some card of that sort. It would be good to know.
From what I had learnt about the dvi ports was that they can only emit video in either analog or digital signal and had no room for any kind of audio.
Early hdmi and display port was video only and only after hdmi 1.3 and display port++ came the audio.

OP
H

HailStonE

Broken In
^.. Read this...

737-28867: Radeon HD 2xxx Series - DVI-HDMI Adapter does not work

These were not regular adapters but somewhat different which ould carry audio as well...

Gollum

Collector
Ok so that's an AMD proprietary part developed specifically for the 2000 series
Radeon™ HD 2900 series
Radeon™ HD 2600 series
Radeon™ HD 2400 series

All other cards i.e., your card and above will never give audio from the dvi port
dual dvi means it can output digital and analog video signals from the same port. But not audio.

OP
H

HailStonE

Broken In
^... Actually its upto HD 4000. After that most cards came with HDMI ports anyway. Only a selected few lack HDMI ports and since HDMI ports natively carry audio they work on their own..

All AMD gpu's though have inbuilt audio processors for this HDMI channel...

An example...

Integrated HD audio controller

Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required
Supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats

AMD Radeon? HD 7850 Graphics

AMD Radeon? HD 7870 Graphics

AMD Radeon? HD 7950 Graphics

AMD Radeon? HD 7970 Graphics

Though nVidia for a long time lacked this specific feature on its cards.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
^... Actually its upto HD 4000. After that most cards came with HDMI ports anyway. Only a selected few lack HDMI ports and since HDMI ports natively carry audio they work on their own..

All AMD gpu's though have inbuilt audio processors for this HDMI channel...

An example...

AMD Radeon? HD 7850 Graphics

AMD Radeon? HD 7870 Graphics

AMD Radeon? HD 7950 Graphics

AMD Radeon? HD 7970 Graphics

Though nVidia for a long time lacked this specific feature on its cards.

yes and in that case the user would be able to see an AMD sound device in the device manager.

OP
H

HailStonE

Broken In
Bump....

Willing to trade 2x eBay 200/- off coupons (No min purchase limit)

Effective value of coupons = Rs. 400/-

:)

OP
H

HailStonE

Broken In
Got the adapter from eBay.com. Its authentic Model. 6140063501G. Cost me just Rs. 175.75/- shipped only... :hyper:

Now I have audio over HDMI from the DVI port like I wanted...

MODS close the thread... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom