At least 40 killed by bomb at Islamabad's Marriott

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
ISLAMABAD, Sept 20 (Reuters) - A car bomb exploded outside the Marriott in the Pakistani capital Islamabad on Saturday, killing at least 40 people and starting a fire which swept through the hotel.

The explosion happened hours after new President Asif Ali Zardari, widower of assassinated former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, made his first address to a joint sitting of parliament.

"A car laden with explosives rammed the gate at the Marriott and so far we have brought out 40 dead bodies, but the number could well be higher," police chief Asghar Raza Gardazi said.
More at source.

slugger

Banned
us thinks pakistan doesnt do enuf to deal with terrorists and bombs pakistan

these guys think pakistan getting too harsh with them and bomb pakistan....bad luck cant get better than this

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ That is what is going to happen when they play double game

Pak should've taken a clear side

Either be a fully terror country (like Afghan) or be a fully anti-terror country (like us)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
It's time the United States realised who their REAL allies on the war on terror are, and that Pakistan cannot be trusted.

slugger

Banned
diplomats from other countries also seem to hve died @Marriot
you might see theses countries joining the us in bombing pakistan

soon we will have a huge deep hole on our NW border - journey to the centre of the earth made easy

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
The Pakistani people are getting what they gave birth too.. the people there donated thousands in the name of jehad and see what they're getting now

ancientrites

In the zone
No offense here to pakis registered members out here(if there are) pakistan soon to be in our history books.ppl dying,suicide bomber,burning buildings and what not.....pakistan(RIP)

afonofa

Journeyman
The Pakistani people are getting what they gave birth too.. the people there donated thousands in the name of jehad and see what they're getting now
You think only pakistani muslims are donating money towards jehad? I have no doubt that there are even Indian muslims who donate money towards jehad. But I don't blame Indian muslims for feeling alienated in their own country. It's political parties and even common people with their discriminatory attitude towards muslims who are to blame. Then again, you cannot clap with one hand. The Indian muslim community needs to do more to ensure they regain the trust they are losing. But its also hypocritical to ask them to do more when the hindu majority cannot/will not/wont bother to do anything to seperate and eliminate the bad apples on their side(even after the godhra riots, a political party like the BJP comes to power and starts repeating its tactics on other minorities:mad:). Its like a vicious circle now, but no doubt it was started by politicians with their communal politics.
No offense here to pakis registered members out here(if there are) pakistan soon to be in our history books.ppl dying,suicide bomber,burning buildings and what not.....pakistan(RIP)
The term pakis itself is offensive slang. The right term (like Indians) would be Pakistani(s).

I agree that innocent people do get hurt whether its a terrorist attack in India or Pakistan or USA and its completely unfair, but there's only so much room for pain in my heart and I need it for my Indian brothers and sisters who have to suffer due to terrorism over and over again. And unlike India, its a monster of their own creation, so it was inevitable that they would have to face it someday. Dig a hole for someone else...:rolleyes: So unless I personally know someone there, its just not possible for me to sympathise about these terrorist attacks in Pakistan when Delhi was just hit. I would also like to add that India does seem to be on the path to creating its own version of the monster.

Did I miss a thread in this forum(maybe in the Fight Club) regarding the mass protests in Kashmir and the bombings in Delhi or were those topics deemed unimportant by respected members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom