Asus Xonar D2X + Edifier S550

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner
Hi friends,

I purchased and installed Xonar d2x and edifier s550 now i have few doubts

1. While playing mp3 audio track, Is it possible to get sound from rear and center speakers (only front and sub woofer are working )

2. While watching 5.1 Movies I am unable to hear voice loudly (rear speakers work with theater(like) feedback)

3. Suggest me the best Software + updates for my Xonar d2x So that i can get maximum out of my sound card

I use Gigabyte EX58UD3R Boards with 1st generation i7 920 processor 3*2 GB 1333 DDR3 ram.

Help me guyz Thanks in advance

Minion

Conversation Architect
from xonar console select dolby virtual speakers.Since mp3 are not coded for 5.1 channel you are facing such problem.
download k lite mega codec pack from go to ffdshow audio decoder tick mixer change output speaker configuration to dolby.then tick volume tab tick regain volume & show current volume.check dolby decoder.
tell me if this solves your problem.

do yo switch on flexi bass switch it off may be that is causing your rear speakers to have theatre like feedback.

OP
g_suresh_mps

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner
I set the dolby virtual speaker on xonar console now rear channels also working but Center channel is not working any tips to solve this issue

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Try downloading these driver install them. But remove your previous drivers with revo uninstaller.

See this link for more info
UNi Xonar brainbit

Download driver from here
UNi Xonar 1800 v1.601.exe

Tell me if it works.

OP
g_suresh_mps

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner
No idea still i am unable to find a solution for this, some times if 7.1 virtual dolby is enabled i get sound from rear channels but not from center speaker

Minion

Conversation Architect
Then i think something is wrong with your speakers you should seriously consider RMA it.
May be you should contact their customer care.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
First make sure the center channel is working properly..
Check for loose connec., try switching center to front speakers...

OP
g_suresh_mps

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner
First make sure the center channel is working properly..
Check for loose connec., try switching center to front speakers...

ok Sure I'll try :)

@MegaMind

I took of all the connections and gave audio connections to my on board Realtek ALC888 ports and in the realtek audio panel i tested each and every speaker when i clicked i can hear sound from all speakers then i clicked on speaker fill option and played an mp3 song All speakers and sub woofer played the song so this implies there`s no problem in cable connection or speaker set

i tested the same with Xonar d2x with my humberger rechargable speaker connected 3.5 inch jack on front speaker mp3 song played, then i connected on all the other ports there is no sound from speakers I did this with 2 channel audio input and 6 channel audio input and output i selected 5.1 and 7.1 output in all of these operations only front out jack is working

when i enable 6 channel audio input and 7.1 virtual dolby decoder and rotate the virtual speakers on Xonar control center rear speakers some times play the mp3 song

So i have doubt in Xonar d2x`s performance

Please help me

another Issue when all jacks Front c/SW, rear(side) are connected on Xonar d2x and song is playing with full volume in windows volume mixer and 0 sound in edifier i can able to hear a very very volumed song on ALL Speakers that is playing on PC inspite of 0 volume in edifier ....

this is confusing me

Last edited:
OP
g_suresh_mps

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner
ok I will create a Thread in Asus Site and follow the RMA process

[Update] I re installed the card on PCI EX x4 slot now it is working perfectly Earlier I Installed the card on x1 Slot Now the card is Working fine :-D

Last edited:

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Can you tell me how d2x is performing
I wanted to know if it can deliver true hd and master audio atleast in a decent level

Top Bottom