[Query] Asus Motherboard RMA

gameranand

Living to Play
I am using Asus Maximus V Formula Motherboard which has several problems and I have to start the RMA process. I am living in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
Please tell me how long would this process take, also how to take precautions as I have read and heard that Asus has pretty damn BAD RMA service. Also please guide me who should I contact to.

Here is the thread for the problem I am facing.
*www.digit.in/forum/cpu-motherboards/189514-my-second-gpu-slot-dead.html

Thank you.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
taking pictures is a good idea to ensure that your mobo do not have any burned parts. sometimes you may get cheated. i think accel frontline provides service for asus mobo,.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Accel Warranty Management System

SHRI SAI ENTERPRISES
BESIDE BHAIYAJI SWEETS,
SHIV TALKIES CHOWK
BILASPUR
BILASPUR - 495001
CHHATTISGARH
India

OT: didn't knew you live in Bilaspur. I used to visit a friend there frequently.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
taking pictures is a good idea to ensure that your mobo do not have any burned parts. sometimes you may get cheated. i think accel frontline provides service for asus mobo,.

Did not know Accel provides RMA support for Asus now. AFAIK digicare and rashi handles it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using Asus Maximus V Formula Motherboard which has several problems and I have to start the RMA process. I am living in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
Please tell me how long would this process take, also how to take precautions as I have read and heard that Asus has pretty damn BAD RMA service. Also please guide me who should I contact to.

Here is the thread for the problem I am facing.
*www.digit.in/forum/cpu-motherboards/189514-my-second-gpu-slot-dead.html

Thank you.

RMA time could be anywhere between a week to a month. Anyway, if you face any issue with the RMA things can always be worked out.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Accel Warranty Management System

SHRI SAI ENTERPRISES
BESIDE BHAIYAJI SWEETS,
SHIV TALKIES CHOWK
BILASPUR
BILASPUR - 495001
CHHATTISGARH
India

OT: didn't knew you live in Bilaspur. I used to visit a friend there frequently.

Thanks.
BTW how is Accel for warranty, have dealth with Kaizen till now only.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Things got kind of complicated.
1. PC was working fine, but then it crashed and I did a diagnosis and found that SMPS is dead. SO I send the SMPS for replacement to corsair, on 17th of January I got the SMPS back.

2. When I reassembled the SMPS and ran a intensive game then found that it was notgiving me respectable frame rate, I searched and found that Crossfire is not working anymore. So tried to swap the GPUs and both were working fine, I even tried changing the PSU rails but still CF didn't worked. The second GPU wasn't getting detected in BIOS as well. After this I tried to run GPU though second slot and got a error beep and VGA LED was continuously lit.

3. On 19 Jan evening PC crashed and then after that it started to crash every 30 mins or so. I tried different OSes, as I have Dual boot but it wasn't OS issue.

4. After 20 Jan LAN sometimes worked sometimes it won't work at all.

I guess this sums up the problems.

ALSO When I tried to remove the CPU from its socket then 1 or 2 pins got bend, more like distorted. It didn't affect the connectivity as I checked but still when I read about the Asus CC in these regards I got afraid that I just have lost 20K.
Link for Motherboard Pics

Also I don't have the CPU cap which again frightens me as with terrible Asus CC regarding denying RMA with even small factors.
I have already contacted [MENTION=120490]sumonpathak[/MENTION] regarding this.
More suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just submit the motherboard for RMA and cover the cpu pins with a piece of paper if you don't have the cpu socket cap.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Just submit the motherboard for RMA and cover the cpu pins with a piece of paper if you don't have the cpu socket cap.

just start the process. dont think ahead just handle as it comes.

Actually [MENTION=120490]sumonpathak[/MENTION] contacted Asus regarding this and asked me to wait for the official confirmation from them. After that will do as you guys say. Will submit it for RMA.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually [MENTION=120490]sumonpathak[/MENTION] contacted Asus regarding this and asked me to wait for the official confirmation from them. After that will do as you guys say. Will submit it for RMA.

do we have asus representative here on digit

ASUS

New to this forum
Hi gameranand,

You should submit the motherboard to the RMA center near you and let it go through the process and see what they say.

Regards,

ASUS INDIA

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Hi gameranand,

You should submit the motherboard to the RMA center near you and let it go through the process and see what they say.

Regards,

ASUS INDIA

I contacted BIlaspur Accel Service Center and he said that I can't submit it to their center as his Login ID and Password is not activated. Will try to courier or go to Digicare service center as soon as I get time. :)

Thanks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
do need to register at accels' website for asus motherboard submission like seagate HDDs ?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
do need to register at accels' website for asus motherboard submission like seagate HDDs ?

I tried that but it got stuck at the last page. Apparently their registration system is currently broken. Will submit to Digicare or courier it on Monday.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Was gone to Digicare Service Center today. The guy there said that it would be done in 1200 INR. So I submitted it. :)

Top Bottom