Asus gtx 660 ddr5 2gb

chandan3

Journeyman
For asus gtx 660 which psu require ex-650w or 600 w is sufficient. N which cooler master
Processor -intel core i5 3450
RAM-8gb
movo-asusP8z77 m

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
A vx550 @ 4.5k should be more than enough ...IMO, Tx 650 is not needed as OPs cpu will be running at stock ... by the way - tx 650 @ 5.2 k ?? where ??

yeh but may be for future upgrade and yes he didnt told the budget and other requirements so i recommended tx 650 and its available at 5.2k at cost to cost !

Thetrueblueviking

yeh but may be for future upgrade and yes he didnt told the budget and other requirements so i recommended tx 650 and its available at 5.2k at cost to cost !

A VX550 aint that bad for future upgrades either :p
Also the TX 650 is available at Cost to Cost for 5.4 k (including VAT) and if it ships to sambhalpur, it would charge ~ 150 more.
>> cost for OP ~ 5550.

A VX550 aint that bad for future upgrades either :p
Also the TX 650 is available at Cost to Cost for 5.4 k (including VAT) and if it ships to sambhalpur, it would charge ~ 150 more.
>> cost for OP ~ 5550.
first of all i don't know his position (where he lives) and also he didn't told the budget and other requirements for his PSU (he either wants modular , semi - modular or normal one) also he dint told about his upgrades or other things that he has like and coolers , fans , fan controllers ,how many dvdwriters , sound cards ,others !!!!so i recommended it making all these things as my POV

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Future Cards will Consume Less Power ;) . You can also go for CORSAIR GS600 @ 4.5K . This will be the best choice IMO.

Thetrueblueviking

cuse of more power!!!!!

If u have read reviews, u will know that more watts doesnt always signify a better psu.
Everywhere they always advise a VX550 over a GS600.

Another example Corsair cx430V2 > VS450.

Generally a CX or a VX series psu is way better than a VS psu of slightly higher rating(wattage).

Similarly, a VX series psu of lower (but comparable) wattage is preffered over the GS(gaming series) psu.

Last edited:
If u have read reviews, u will know that more watts doesnt always signify a better psu.
Everywhere they always advise a VX550 over a GS600.

Another example Corsair cx430V2 > VS450.

Generally a CX or a VX series psu is way better than a VS psu of slightly higher rating(wattage).

Similarly, a VX series psu of lower (but comparable) wattage is preffered over the GS(gaming series) psu.
im not talking about more power means good psu im just tryin to say that if u use and high end rig with a 200wpsu then what!!!!!

OP
chandan3

chandan3

Journeyman
first of all i don't know his position (where he lives) and also he didn't told the budget and other requirements for his PSU (he either wants modular , semi - modular or normal one) also he dint told about his upgrades or other things that he has like and coolers , fans , fan controllers ,how many dvdwriters , sound cards ,others !!!!so i recommended it making all these things as my POV

bro my budget is psu under 5k to 6k
and cooler master is under 3k
is it sufficent or nt i hv no knowledge abt psu under 7k to 8k

Future Cards will Consume Less Power ;) . You can also go for CORSAIR GS600 @ 4.5K . This will be the best choice IMO.

thanks bro and cabinet under 2k or 3k

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get Corsair TX series. 650W will do just fine. VX series has been discontinued afaik. GS600 is another alternative.

Thetrueblueviking

Actually at some shops on lamington road, they said that the gaming series(GS) has been discontinued and very few GS models are available and its being replaced by the VX and TX series.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually at some shops on lamington road, they said that the gaming series(GS) has been discontinued and very few GS models are available and its being replaced by the VX and TX series.

Don't always believe the shopkeepers, I think that's exactly opposite. VX series is no more, TX series has got a V2 version, and GS series has also been revamped but without the V2 moniker.

BTW, does anyone know how GTX 660 compares to HD7850 in terms of price and performance?

At stock, 660 is slightly ahead of 7850, but OCed both are more or less same. Coming to price, online, the 7850 is much cheaper.

Top Bottom