ASUS GTX 580 DirectCu II Dead? No POST, Signal keeps cutiing off etc

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Guys got a Credit note of 24k for my asus gtx 580 DirectCU II. Wanna buy a new GPU:

1. ASUS GTX 770 DirectCu II OC- 35k
2. ASUS GTX 780 - 49k

I want to go ahead with the 770 DCII OC. Is it a good choice compared to the 780? I don't wanna go for the AMD cards because the custom coolers are not out and the temps seem scary.

even though the custom coolers are not out, you have to wait more for possible price reduction of nvidia line-up india. otherwise you will regret for buying it now.

by when do u think the price cuts be reflected in India? And what can be the final price of a 780?

should be 40k or so.

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
780 was previously selling for around 54k.. now it sells for around 48k.. I that a price cut? The problem is I have to replace my 580 with a new card with the credit note of 24k.. That's the whole issue.. now will the 770 dc2 oc suffice for 1080p and 1600p for maxing out all games?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
780 was previously selling for around 54k.. now it sells for around 48k.. I that a price cut? The problem is I have to replace my 580 with a new card with the credit note of 24k.. That's the whole issue.. now will the 770 dc2 oc suffice for 1080p and 1600p for maxing out all games?

770 is performing slightly better than amd r9 280x. 770 is 34k and 280x at 24k.
i should wait for price cut for 780/770 further. you can also look at custom cooled r9 290 /290x(wait for a little while.)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You bought the GPU for 29k and got a credit note worth 24k.. can RMA companies do that ? that sounds kinda crappy.. :(
I understand 580 @ 29k can be easily matched by today's 24k GPU but still :/

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
I can wait that's not an issue. But any idea as to when the price cuts will be reflected? Its already been like 20 days and no news of price drop here. 780 is like 10-20%faster than a overclocked 770 right?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
a fairly over clocked GTX 770 can outperform a GTX 780 but most of the stock GTX 780 is ~10-15% faster than factory OCed GTX 770 gpus.

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Guys, Thanks for all your help and support in helping me take a decision on the GPU.

I got a credit note of 24k from ASUS/ Rashi Peripherals for my asus gtx 580 DirectCu II. I had to use it fast and hence exchanged it and purchased a ASUS GTX 770 DirectCu II OC for 35k. I was on a tight budget and couldn't spend much and had to use the credit note fast. I couldn't spend the extra amount for the 780 which was almost costing 55k from ASUS with the DirectCU II cooler. Did not want to risk on the overheating AMD cards now. And being a fan of arkham origins I needed PhysX.

I am anyway satisfied with my card as the performance boost is huge compared to my older 580.. Will ADD another 770 for SLi in future.. 770 is approx. how much faster than 580?

for the price cuts I almost waited for 3 weeks and had to decide fast.. 770 might reduce by max 3k I guess..
will post the pics soon. Thank You

Top Bottom