Asus EEE PC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log_net2

Broken In
For all said Asus eeePC 900 caught the attention at CeBit this year.
Lots of of eeePC were sold for christmas gift item last year also.

First its the mobility that it offers and the screen size of 8.9" inch screen which will be very good option as an e-book reader.(eee 701 screen size is rather small for pdf viewing)

Here in India not many are interested in e-book reader (sony prs505,Iliad Irex,Cybook etc:none of them available in India AFSIK)

Asus eeePC 900 is a perfect choice for e-book reader and i will buy if its come to India as i have many pdf books for my studies.

The downside of eeePc :399 Euro (Rs.25,430/-)
low battery life for ultra mobility (3.5 hrs for 701)
Windows pre-installed not linux (cost!!)

I dont care about the other configs as i will need it mainly for pdf viewing.

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
for ebook reading u would spend 25k... :()

heard abt pda or pda phones.....???? if mobility u want then nothing would beat those...

Log_net2

Broken In
pda phones are too small for normal pdf viewing and especially for reference.e-book reader is going to gained grounds in the future.Go to this site(good site)

*www.mobileread.com/forums/

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
hmm.......

dunno wat to say ....... pdf reading is equivalent to book reading and i would have dedicated pdf reader not eee pc..

Log_net2

Broken In
hmm.......

dunno wat to say ....... pdf reading is equivalent to book reading and i would have dedicated pdf reader not eee pc..

its your choice bro but right now e-book readers are in the transition stage(still growing:most of them not good for A4 pdf) and in future we will see more better e-book readers.:smile:

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
@kumar the eee900 atom wala will definitely pawn the mileap y in terms of performance and price. @lognet and madjeri, yea this one is good 4 ebooks.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Resources do not really matter for me. The problem is that atom is getting crappy reviews in comparison to the celeron EEE and the convertible form factor is what is making me swing the decisions. If Asus can declare convertible, tablet EEE with 9inch screen, I would abandon mileap.

juggler

In the zone
two things i wanted to add to this thread which may seem a bit offtopic

1.*www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-eeepc-battery,5216.html
Asus has admitted providing differnt batteries to users and reviewers

2. I have seen website devlopment professionals using ultraportable laptop users like HCL mileap and ASUS eepc which shows that they are being used not only by students and professionals also

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^
1. Thats really bad..So the reviews suggesting a backup of 2.5 hrs were on a 5800 mAh battery? If its true, that sucks big time!

2. EEE PC ,although initially designed for kids/students, is actually used worldwide by users in all segments (Home/Business etc.)

Pat

Beyond Smart
Although I havent checked extensively, I am roughly getting around 3 hours on mine!

Pat

Beyond Smart
Aah..its a gem of a device..but havent had much time to work with it..Last week I had gone to a place called black forest where we were kindof lost..I found a wifi hotspot and found out some information from internet via my EEE..The people passing by were looking at the little beauty and giving me smiles! Lol! Thats the true power of the EEE :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Nice review too. I won't be surprised if it got featured in Digit as well (in the section where they publish some of the posts on the forum that interest them.)

Pathik toh famous ho gaya!! :p I dunno whether you know this or not, but your EEE PC review got published in Digit mag (April '08 issue), just as I had predicted ;) . Congrats! :)
*img215.imageshack.us/img215/3406/dsc00074uh2.th.jpg

praka123

left this forum longback
I hope Pathik will again give a brief review after may be 3 months of use! :p
whether EEEpc is accepted into your "system" or not :p

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Thanks juggy..
@Praka, yea sure. Btw it is an integral part of my system now.
Planning to try out eeeXubuntu 8.04 in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom