Asus EEE PC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishlive

Broken In
Thank you bro for writing such a nice review. I have almost made up my mind to buy this gem. But i have one major concern, can we install xp sp2 on a usb harddisk and boot using it on the eee pc. This way, i will leave the pre installed os untouched and have windows on a much bigger size hard disk. I dont want to install xp on the ssd itself. Please help me, it is urgent.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^I see no reason why it should not be possible, but why not install it on the ssd itself ? an n-lited xp installation can be done inside 600-700 MB and you will still have plenty of room on the SSD!

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep it is possible. But the best option, as Pat said, would be to install xp on ssd. You can reinstall the default Xandros whenever you want. And it is always better to hav your os in your primary drive.

praka123

left this forum longback
atleast ssd's around 60GB is needed these days.I hope eeepc will bundle it in a year or so :-|

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep. You shouldnt. It ll take up unnecessary space. And also the ssd is a lot faster than ur normal Hdd

atleast ssd's around 60GB is needed these days.I hope eeepc will bundle it in a year or so :-|
I dont think that gonaa happen!
very soon Its going to lauch its 9" Eee Pc which is bundled with 8gb/12gb/20gb options!
clocked at 1ghz
fairly enough for many of us!
let wait for prices outside india its costing 330 euros
lets hope same prices in india!

what more should we expect at this price tag!!
I think its best deal for lappys in India from ASUS :D

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ 330 Euros ? Where did you get that from buddy ? I am in Germany and AFAIK it is not released in Europe yet! If I am not wrong, its only available in Taiwan and the cost of EEE PC 900 is USD 599!

Pat

Beyond Smart
I did not listen to the audio as I am at work right now but I am pretty much sure about the price buddy, its 549 USD and not 599 USD :)

Edit: Just read somewhere..it is not 330 Euros, its 330 Pounds :D

Dude, I'm looking at the HCL MiLeap Classmate PC right now. Ditto config except 30GB HDD instead of 4GB SSD.

Need reviews. Fast. Is screen size enough ? You have used it for an year atleast. End results on experience ?

Pat

Beyond Smart
I hardly use mine these days. 7" screen is a bit too small for doing any productive work. Its bloody brilliant when you are traveling and need access to internet or some other stuff. Its nice for fun and to do *keeda kaandi*, but not otherwise. I would recommend getting a 10 incher netbook!

P.S: I am planning to use my sparingly used EEE PC as either a NAS or Media Server for my home. Prolly that will whet my geek appetite for the moment.

I hardly use mine these days. 7" screen is a bit too small for doing any productive work. Its bloody brilliant when you are traveling and need access to internet or some other stuff. Its nice for fun and to do *keeda kaandi*, but not otherwise. I would recommend getting a 10 incher netbook!

P.S: I am planning to use my sparingly used EEE PC as either a NAS or Media Server for my home. Prolly that will whet my geek appetite for the moment.
How bad really is 7" ?

Pat

Beyond Smart
Its not bad. But as I said its a bit too small for my liking. You need to get a hands-on on any 7" netbooks to see if it fits your purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom