Asus EAH6850 acting weird

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
Hello guys its been 1 week since I am enjoying games but there's 1 problem. Till now whatever games I have played, I have experienced stranger behavior from the card. The FPS falls dramatically for a min or so then suddenly its back to normal. This happened with every game. Its like I am playing smooth _______ then _ _ _ _ _ _ and again normal _______. Is this some kind of drivers issue? I have Catalyst 11.6

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check if Vsync is off or not. Also post temp readings as Sam advised.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Temps seem fine. Update to Catalyst 11.7 and check. Also try disabling AV and other background processes which might interfere during gaming.

OP
piedpiper

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
Temps seem fine. Update to Catalyst 11.7 and check. Also try disabling AV and other background processes which might interfere during gaming.

I use Kaspersky Internet security and it performs root kit and some other small scans sometimes. When I was using my old computer same thing happened with fifa. So I used to pause it during gameplay. But that was a 1 core proccy compared to this 4 cores.
The background services I use is just rocketdock and sidebar gadget. Should I terminate CCC and MOM?

OP
piedpiper

piedpiper

The Gooo000oooner Way
Yes it is the AV. I paused it and played Metro 2033 and passed some level without the problem. Now what should I do while downloading? I don't want to stop AV while downloading. I usually download while playing.

Top Bottom