Assembling CPU for the first time, facing problems, help ASAP

sahil1033

In the zone
Hi there, I'm actually replacing my old cabby and old PSU. So, I assembled my CPU, everything was going fine, infact I assembled successfully but when I turned on the system, continuous 4 beep sound is all I could hear, help me ASAP as I'm getting really annoyed.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
the beep code has different patterns from BIOS vendor to BIOS Vendor, which bios do you have? check here
BIOS Beep Codes

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
install cpuz utility and post a screenshot of mainboard tab.
For now, I can't even boot my PC then how can I install and do all shits.
I guess I went wrong somewhere so I'm posting a photo of my mobo and tell me if I'm wrong or not.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
For now, I can't even boot my PC then how can I install and do all shits.
I guess I went wrong somewhere so I'm posting a photo of my mobo and tell me if I'm wrong or not.

sorry. I think i have to sleep now;-).What mobo are you using?

Last edited:
RAM issue in general have 3 beeps, so you can be sure(IMO) it is not a RAM issue. Also please mention the model number of the motherboard that you are using. It is very hard to say what the beep means without the model number, as it varies with every model.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Due to a wire being placed wrong, system wasn't starting up but now it's working fine but the PSU fan is not rotating and I'm really worried, help !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Due to a wire being placed wrong, system wasn't starting up but now it's working fine but the PSU fan is not rotating and I'm really worried, help !!

common with newer version of GS600 .. the psu fan rotates depending on PSu load and temperature.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some cabinet fans have molex and tiny 3/4 pin connectors both or comes with with a 3/4 pin to molex converter cable which you can connect directly to the psu without any sort of issues.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
some cabinet fans have molex and tiny 3/4 pin connectors both or comes with with a 3/4 pin to molex converter cable which you can connect directly to the psu without any sort of issues.
actually i had connected the molex one directly to PSU and system won't start but when i connected the cabby fan to mobo, system was able to boot then :|

Top Bottom