Aspect Ratio Help

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Hi There,

I have bought a Graphic Card which supports DVI and HDMI output only. I have Acer 18.5 inch LCD VGA monitor. There's no DVI port for the monitor, so i will use a DVI cable along with a "VGA Male TO DVI Female Adapter" to connect monitor to Graphics card. Since, i heard DVI is superior to VGA cable.

Now, my doubt is : My games at 1024x768 gets stretched full screen while using VGA cable and "VGA Female TO DVI Male Adapter". Will the monitor support "Maintain aspect ratio" by using DVI cable , so that the game doesn't stretch full screen?

Help me clearing the doubts on using VGA and DVI cables..

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I believe u need to choose another resolution for the game which is the same as the aspect ratio of ur monitor...

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
the game SWAT 4 runs in 1024x768 resolution and is stretched.. but this stretching can be adjusted in my lenovo y560 laptop... the laptop maintains aspect ratio in game, while my desktop doesnt... :(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I think there is some setting in CCC to fix this. Will only be able to tell once I reach home..!

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
while using VGA cable, the CCC doesnt show anything to maintain Aspect Ratio. I googled and found that if monitor supports DVI then it can be maintained. So, if i use DVI cable and a adapter, will my monitor support maintaining aspect ratio ? that's the confusion..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes i think you have found his problem mate.:smile:

@ op

Do what piyush said and set your resolution @ 1366x768. Thats the native resolution of your monitor. It will fix the aspect ratio i.e 16:9.

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
the game doesnt show 1366x768 resolution.. it shows 800x600, 1024x768, 1200x800, 1600x1200 only.. some games dont support widescreen resolutions so, i run them in normal resolution and the games stretches.. the images dont seem sharp in stretching... any software to force the monitor maintaining aspect ratio ???

masterkd

Padawan
SWAT 4 does not have native widescreen support. To use custom resolutions, navigate to
Code:
for 32 bit OS (vista/7)
<boot-drive-letter>:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sierra\SWAT 4\Content\System\swat4.ini

for 32 bit OS (vista/7)
<boot-drive-letter>:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\Sierra\SWAT 4\Content\System\swat4.ini

for windows XP
\<game install folder>\Content\System\Swat4.ini

Search for the following lines:
Code:
FullscreenViewportX=
FullscreenViewportY=

and change it to
Code:
FullscreenViewportX=1366
FullscreenViewportY=768

Top Bottom