Are you Overclock ready ?

OCNub

Right off the assembly line
hella guys.. good to see that indian techies now into hardcore overclocking :D ..

@ All overclockers here :
if possible post your Overclocking experience , when did u start OCing , why did u OC , etc..

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Previously i fancy OC, then i didn't have proper hardware.
TBH i started OC some 3 years back

and

I OC for fun :D

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
I started OC 3 and half years back.
Following were my setups
C2D E6550 is default at 2.33GHz
Asus P5K + Intel C2D E6550 @ 2.98GHz for 2009 with stock cooler.
Asus P5Q + Intel C2D E6550 @ 2.98GHz for 2010 with Sunbeam CCF92

I OC'd to gain more juice of Proccy in games and video conversion for my iPod Touch :D

Now thinking of 4GHz with Phenom 955BE + Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 + CM Hyper 212 EVO :twisted:

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
hmmm......lets see...started oc ing when i had a celeron d.....
greatest achievement was this : Some overclocking adventure with Value Rams!!!!

Tarun

In the zone
my first overclock started 2years ago when i had a Intel dual Core E2180 @ 2.00Ghz stock and overclocked it to 3.33Ghz (had to stop there bcoz could not increase the FSB any more and could not increase the northbridge voltage :( ) all this will Stock cooler :p

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
my first overclock started 2years ago when i had a Intel dual Core E2180 @ 2.00Ghz stock and overclocked it to 3.33Ghz (had to stop there bcoz could not increase the FSB any more and could not increase the northbridge voltage :( ) all this will Stock cooler :p

you are saying you oc ed 65NM proccy around 1Ghz on stock cooler?

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
you are saying you oc ed 65NM proccy around 1Ghz on stock cooler?

@Ze mad clocker - Why not?! It seems very possible!!! and Howdy?! :p

@OC'ing - Started out with my Coppermine when I was in class 9 or 10(good 'ol SoftFSB days! :D)...
Then had a sponsored overclocking event in college from Gigabyte on overclocking - Harshal Tank was there - saw his pot & everything.

He clocked an i7 920 to 4.7GHz (the CPU was cold bugged) on LN2 using a Gigabyte X58 board.
Got epicly fascinated by that - made my own pot Clocked the living crap out of a Phenom II on an Asus 890GX (Read: Spent about 20k and voided the warranty of the board and the cpu.)

Also did some overclocking on my Kuma Core with stock cooling and posted some results on HWbot... :)
and yes...

BIG THANKS TO GIGABYTE & HARSHAL!!! :D

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@smonpathak, hey mate its possible. I personally have OCed E6550 to max 3.4 GHz from 2.33GHz

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
My first overclocking was on Pentium Celeron processor which was rated @ 800Mhz and i ran XP 32 bit with 256MB Ram, my mobo supported overclocking and i overclocked it to 1.2GHZ, but sadly whenever i overclock, i could run my system very fast at that time. But there was no-sound output at all.

Then, my next overclocking was Core 2 Duo E7200 from 2.53GHZ to 3.1GHZ Stable. at 3.2 it wasn't stable, no options to alter voltage.

and now, i m planning to get Z68 mobo @ overclock my current CPU to nearly 4.2GHZ and GPU to nearly Core clock speed -1GHZ with my new Arctic cooler =p

Top Bottom