Are We (Indians) Racists ?

Are you color conscious

• Sometimes

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • No way !

Votes: 40 36.7%

• Total voters
Of course we are. Why deny it? Which Indian mother will happily accept an African as daughter-in-law or son-in-law? We are white crazy and black hating people. No two ways about it.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Most of teh Indians in India are racist. Some persons say it directly, some persons say it indirectly.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
dude, we are
1. hypocrites
2. racists
3. misogynists
4. corrupt
5. delusional

MERA BHARAT MAHAAN!!
what *most* of the retards think here(the hypocrite part applies to the retards in question)
and they use this very often
excluding me.
according to such people, we are the most worst people on this planet :rolleyes:
we have bad culture, and now we are racists too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ashutosh_jain

Broken In
We have every right to be racist have we not? Perhaps it has to do with our forefathers continued slavery of foreigners first Mughals then English.

lakeport

Banned
sure we are....

Saw Russell Peter's old show. der was a small birthday party, and it was all about Indians...

we Indians, difer each other within our own country....

Gujju's , South Indians, Marwaris, Biharis....i can go on and on... !

chek dis out :
Russell Peters Intense Comedy Night

watch other parts too.

P.S - i dint upload this vdo, so this is no Ad. it goes with the Forum topic. :D

Dead link btw.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like I've been late for the party.

The way I see it, racism in India is pretty obvious. Not just among the myriad castes within the country, but our attitudes towards xenos is too.

I was watching the train scene in Robot where Rajnikant fights a bunch of typical Indian gundas. Among their ranks, are also one white guy (probably Russian) and one chinese guy. Now, how can you find such kind of "foreigners" among the ranks of the common street gundas? Of course, the director is trying to pass some message here : "Indians are superior to all other races". This is no different from the racism practiced in the US during the 60s-70s or what Hitler propagated. Since we got screwed over by the white guys a couple of decades ago, therefore, Indians probably get excited watching an Indian kicking some white guys a**.

So, the answer is "Definitely" indians are racists.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
you know aberforth..?
thats what my mom said- "
the demand for lighter complexion is just a fetish. It is not racism, any more than my desire for slender women with beautiful face and good legs.
not racist but more of a desirable quality.. fairer skin.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
y digging old thread guys :-?

racism will not end it all depends upon how each one of think...open-minded or narrow-minded
& we all hear of day-to-day incidents which support this fact of racism :evil:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I didn't read all the posts in this thread. Just skimmed through them. Being said that, I would try to give my honest opinion and propose a theory for better or for worse.

I believe I am not a racist. Still, as I have observed that I tend to watch the girls with fair skin for a bit longer then those who are not that fair. So, in a way I am a colour racist. But I also appreciate some of them which have real "Indian beauty" but are not that fair.

I think everyone is a colour racist, although to an unequal degree. And the exact degree to which someone is a colour racist depends on their own colour of the skin. So someone with white skin would by default tend to attract towards white colour in opposite sex. And someone who is black would by default tend towards black.

So in that way, I think Indians are kind of neutral. Since colour brown is the primary colour for most of the Indians, so they have a wider range of colours to which they can get attracted to.

:S

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
As far as fair skinned girls are concerned, it is more a matter of genetics than racism.

Blondes have golden hair which is a sign of higher Oestrogen levels (Which also makes them...well...dumb), which is why many men find them attractive, but that is not always the case. Not everyone finds them attractive or people tend to find people of their own race attractive generally. So, there is nothing racist about our preferences of women, its all genetic.

Compared to this, racism is a whole different ball game. Denial of educational opportunities, financial help, property purchasing, entry to certain areas, etc. for a person just because he/she is of a particular race is what racism is all about.

Flash

Lost in speed
As far as fair skinned girls are concerned, it is more a matter of genetics than racism.

Blondes have golden hair which is a sign of higher Oestrogen levels (Which also makes them...well...dumb), which is why many men find them attractive, but that is not always the case. Not everyone finds them attractive or people tend to find people of their own race attractive generally. So, there is nothing racist about our preferences of women, its all genetic.

That's not Estrogen, its Eumelanin.

Anish

Spectre
+1
Getting attracted towards a fair girl cannot be regarded as racism!. Disrespecting / mocking other races is racism - And in India (especially S.India) this idea lives like a king. I would say, people in India are more diversified by caste rather than color racism.

Why can't the government stop the caste reservations and help the really poor ones? They preach equality among Indians but differentiate them with a caste certificate right from the birth and here they indirectly encourage our disunity.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I think everyone is a colour racist, although to an unequal degree. And the exact degree to which someone is a colour racist depends on their own colour of the skin. So someone with white skin would by default tend to attract towards white colour in opposite sex. And someone who is black would by default tend towards black.

How do you know that a black person will like black person ? There is more to attractiveness than mere color. Color is just another variable.

I prefer narrow upward snout and sharp features. The color comes later.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That's not Estrogen, its Eumelanin.

Dude, I'm not saying that Estrogen causes lighter hair colour. I am saying that they have higher estrogen than other women in general, making them...well...extra womanly :p . Most men know this genetically, but not consciously.

Estrogen is female sex hormone, for the record.

+1
Getting attracted towards a fair girl cannot be regarded as racism!. Disrespecting / mocking other races is racism - And in India (especially S.India) this idea lives like a king. I would say, people in India are more diversified by caste rather than color racism.

Why can't the government stop the caste reservations and help the really poor ones? They preach equality among Indians but differentiate them with a caste certificate right from the birth and here they indirectly encourage our disunity.

Well, I don't wish to go off topic, but the government is using the principles of divide and rule that the british used to keep us supressed.

Top Bottom