Are there any archive to DVD contents?

sntshkmr60

Broken In
Are there any archive to the DVD contents provided? I have a gallery of DVD in my home and its hard to find which software is in which DVD

PS. I am searching for Wine full installation in Debian format (for Ubuntu), and I can't download it online. Can you manually tell me in which DVD is it in from last one year?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Create a spreadsheet of the data you burned. Will be tedious.
Will this download help? WineHQ - Wine for Debian Sid

OP
S

sntshkmr60

Broken In
Nono,
I am asking about the archive of list of software that Digit provides (does Digit keeps spreadsheets? If so I'd like to see), and I am not looking for download:); I want to know if it is already provided in last 12 months of Digit DVD or not.

Flake

Linux User
Offtopic :: Software are being updated so fast these days that a 3 months old package become obsolete today. I don't think keeping/installing such obsolete packages is recommended unless you just want to create an Archive to keep track of changes going on in various packages and overall software development.

OP
S

sntshkmr60

Broken In
Ok how do I make archive (spreadsheet) of the contents?:-? By going in each folder and writing down the names of folders/files? It would be very hard. Any easy way?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, looks like you missed my previous post, which described how to make a ready made archive! :?

Anyway, here I am going to talk about an easy way to make an archive yourself.

Download this small utility "Cathy", from here: Cathy - Download

Put the exe in a folder anywhere.
Open the Cathy tool.
Now pop-in a DVD.
Goto, My Computer, and drag the DVD icon on top of Cathy window.

The contents of the DVD will be extracted to cathy, and its information will be put in a .caf file where the Cathy tool was kept. And DVD will be ejected.

That concludes a dead-easy way to make an archive yourself. It can't get easier than this.
But, one drawback is that, you can only search with file names, which may not be what you think. For eg, to search for .Net Framework you will have to search it by the name of the file, which maybe something like this: "dotnetfx35setup.exe".
I hope you got the point.

Top Bottom