Are the prices fair? Monitor and UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I have these prices quoted by my dealer for two monitors and UPS. Are the prices ok. I seem to feel that he is quoting too much. Are there any websites where i can check the latest prices? Or if there are any models, could anyone please advise?

1. 17" Monitor LG - 4475/- with 3 year warranty
2. UPS 600va = 1600/- 2 year warranty and 3 month guarantee
3. 17" Monitor Flatron LG Flatron = 6000/-

I am basically not sure which company to go for in each item as far as reliability and durability are concerned.

jal_desai

In the zone
lg fLATRON.... prices u mentioned are ok... however do u have other options???? plenty available nowadays yaar...

harikatt

In the zone
yes.. all the prices mentioned are fairly right, no doubt.. but may be little more or less in hundreds.... but good fair prices

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
acc to me the prices are okay... ya do check some other outlets... but if u want a monitor for office or home use go for LG.

-SUDE

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
fine then. These are not for me. My boss just told me to give feedback on a quotation from our Lucknow State Office. I guess he wants to know if these models are ok and good. OK, then I will recommend the quotation. Thank you all for your help and for your advice.

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
my regular dealers say that LG is substandard for monitors and quote Rs. 5000/- for Samsung Monitors. Can I go with LG and save a few bucks? I read somewhere that LG quality is not good in CRTs. Is it true?

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I know several friends who use LG and all of'em seem to be happy with their monitors. For office use I don't think one would look for extra frills...Rs.4475/- is good deal for a 17" monitor.

hash!!

________
tech_your_future said:
I have a LG monitor CRT. It's working fine since last 3 years +
same here... the lg crt i've got, has been workin fine since the past 3-4 years... i wudnt take the dust and the dirt into account tho... :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
If I remember correct, LG was behind the pureflat technology by introducing their Flatron range. My 17" Flatron started to give trouble only after nearly 7 years. When the LG technician came to repair, he told me the troubles with LG started when they integrated all circuits into one PCB to reduce cost and the case is same with most other brands. Anyways I switched to LCD. (Viewsonic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom