are Asus high end Phones having color resolution of 65000 only ? Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
Are Asus high end Phones having color resolution of 65000 colors only ?
was glancing thru some windows mobile Asus Phones p527 and p320,
the shop din't had the working models just the dummies, later when i was browsing thru specs. see here *www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=11&l2=55&l3=526&l4=0&model=1906&modelmenu=2

btw, how is the experience of ppl with ASUS pda phones..?
pour in yr experiences ppl.

Cheers,

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
not just ASUS. any mobile running windows mobile OS have 65k color display. But some phones have very high resolution , making display crisp and bright.

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
^^^
Interesting, even a low end Nokia N-seres phones have better resolution and displays. N70 wud have 262K color display and N95 is full 16.1 Million colours(rite ? not sure)
I really didn't like the screens for ASUS.
Let me check back again on this.

btw, how about <b>build quality</b> and all for ASUS. Nokia is somehow gr8 in this department also, But how are ASUS ?
Any comments on this ppl

sujoyp

Grand Master
screen quality depend much on screen resolution...and more then 265k colors is a marketing gimmic
anyways windows mobile dont support more then 65k colors..soo no WM phones have it.

n70 screen resolution = 176x220
Asus P565 = 480x640

Power UP

In the zone
Actually there is a difference between 65k, 256k and 16m colors, but you have to observe carefully to notice it.

In higher end winmo phones they make up for this by high resolution screen, so the picture looks much sharper.

k4ce

Youngling
yeah there is a diff if u compare at the same resolution ... i noticed it when i compared a k790 wid a nokia 6300 ... same res ... but the nokia is 16million whike se has 262k ... 6300 limage looked so much livelier

but yeah , if i'm are gettin much higher resolution , i wudnt mind even a 4k colour screen (like on my old n-gage QD... 4k but it still looked decent)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
You wont notice anything if you compare a new generation SE with a 16 million from Nokia. If fact, you will find that the screen in the SE is better.

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
^ Conclusion of this thread! we don't have any Win Mobile with better resolution and 65k is the limit! okay!

But anybody out here using any ASUS, want to know the build quality and all!

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
^ Conclusion of this thread! we don't have any Win Mobile with better resolution and 65k is the limit! okay!

But anybody out here using any ASUS, want to know the build quality and all!

Err one mistake in conclusion.....win mobiles have actually higher resolutions....only that it has a 65k color limit

Yeh, Windows Mobiles have a limit of 65K colors right now, but resolutions are not a problem, 240x320 QVGA, 320x320 Square, 480x640 VGA, and even 600x800 WVGA is available.

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Kewl!, But i am not really seeing much ppl being actually users of ASUS.. that is making my skeptical on ASUS as a brand! I will see!

Anyways thanks folks for yr inputs

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@dabster Please look into ASUS P565, its a 800Mhz Phone with loads of features and with a 2.8" VGA display (480 x 640 pixels, 2.8 inches) And it comes with maps. The price was droped from ~28 K to Rs. 21,900/- (Karnataka) last week. If you are in bangalore or karnataka , then please PM me so that I can arrange for a demo. If that price is not under your budget then you can check P527 (with maps) I can confirm the price for P527 tmro. PM me if you want more info.

Ya, charan's quoted phone is good. Also for a cheaper alternative, O2 XDA Zest which is available for around 18K, comes with a 624 Mhz Xscale proccy, 128 MB RAM, 256 MB ROM, 480x640 VGA 2.8" screen, HSDPA (3.5 G) etc. Great phone, looks sleek. But not for you if you need a hardware keyboard.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I have used the Asus P565 for a few weeks (even wrote a review if you are interested: *www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/ASUS_P565_Review/551-98713-612.html). The display is excellent; the 65k is not a problem.

Still when it comes to WM phones, I prefer HTC over Asus.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
screen quality depend much on screen resolution...and more then 265k colors is a marketing gimmic
anyways windows mobile dont support more then 65k colors..soo no WM phones have it.

Offcourse there is a difference between a 256K & 16 M screen. You will have to notice to see the difference, Personally I like 16 M. 256K is not bad, but then the higher the resolution the more crispier the elements will appear on screen.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Offcourse there is a difference between a 256K & 16 M screen. You will have to notice to see the difference, Personally I like 16 M. 256K is not bad, but then the higher the resolution the more crispier the elements will appear on screen.

I would have surely agreed to u but when I see my T700 screen...I dont really belive it...its screen is absolutely amezing @ 256k colours

I want gxsaurav to comment on this :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom