applications for mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavrahul

Journeyman
on which phone do majority of applications work, sony ericson or nokia??
and..will the app that run on nokia work on sony eric??

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Only symbian phones not the others.
And why can't you ever in your life post in the right section?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Nokia S60 phones run Symbian as well as Java applications.
Sony UIQ phones run UIQ applications.
Nokia Linux Internet tablets run a few linux apps.
Few Java supporting Moto, Samsung and LG phones will run Java apps.

But, for your question, you will get maximum applications for Windows Mobile phones. Symbian will come close second.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Symbian phones are a poor guy's PDA. I am a poor guy.:D
If you have the booty, go for a Wimdows Mobile phone and lookout for the WM6 platform. WM5 is in vogue currently so you can only get applications for WM5 for the time being. Symbian sucks compared to WM5, bad antialiasing in bitmap fonts, difficult programmability, limited java compatibilty and half cooked applications limits Symbian. Believe me, my first phone was symbian (have two more, both are different flavors of s60). UIQ is better appealing than Nokia S60.

@pathiks.. I disagree, WM apps are way more than S60 v2, and of better quality.

Now I am saving for a WM6 device.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
@pathiks
yes dude, WM apps are lot more than symbian apps, one of the major factors for this is that WM application coding is similar to Windows, hence it is not totally greek to the developers.

@..:: Free Radical ::..
WM Pocket PCs are costly, smartphones are normal range. Pocket PCs are costly because they are touch screen.
In productivity, Symbian is a tad better than WM (When talking about symbian, i am talking about Symbian OS 9.1+ i.e. S60v3+ and UIQ3+).
About the looks of Symbian, they have updated the looks and graphics in the newer OSs, i hope you have checked them out.
Programmability, they are releasing newer and easier developing tools and SDKs.
Limited java compatibility, that is new. It supports MIDP2. Which java versions are you talking about.

UIQs appealing looks are limited only to icons and it is all candy gloss. Ya it supports animated standby screen, but believe me, when you go deeper into the apps, it sucks. It looks childish, infact ugly.

Of all the info of WM6 released uptill now, nothing was exiting. Currently the most exiting of all the upcoming mobile features would be the active standby screen of S60v3 FP1 (eventhough FP2 has been released), RSS display, different tabs, and animated standby.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Well not exactly. If you look at other features then they can beat Nokia hands down with their technology and quality. But in case of application Nokia have the edge.

And put one thing in mind no phone is ultimate. Everything has some advantages and some disadvantages. Now its up to the user or buyer to decide which one to go for and which one will fulfill their needs.

Like whats the point in having a phone with loads of feature if you don't use those features. Its nothing but a waste of money or show-off.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Well sony may in some phones beat nokia in Music, but camera wise, surprisingly nokia fares better than sony. In comparision, eventhough K790i has a better camera than Nokia N73, still, the images of N73 beat K790i except for Macro mode. Sony is a case of Excellent features, but misses implementation. What use are features if they are not implemented properly?

In PIM, sony offers no compitition to Nokia, nokia beats sony hands down. Same goes for customizations and personalisation. And with the latest phones, nokia is even matching, if not beating sony for music.

Except for a trendy image, i fail to see any factors which work for sony. Ya many people, rookies to say, consider sony to offer amazingly better music and camera performance than nokia, but they dont pay any heed to the comparisiona or reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom