Apple suing Amazon over term "Appstore" claiming "app store" is an Apple trademark

axes2t2

I am a cat
In App Store vs. Appstore court clash, Apple runs into a skeptical judge | Ars Technica

#applesucks

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh yeah apple really needs that money

give apple some love yaar, they are not so bad

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
This is stupid. Apple has to be collapsed(this is my wish). And i seriously pray for this.

tkin

Back to school!!
I don't get one thing, apple goes patenting shapes, ui features etc, does they hold any real tech patent at all? Eg: Nokia holds so much 4G patents it can stay afloat for years, same goes for motorola, they invent stuff, apple has a big design team and that's all, apple is not an inventor.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^explaining what they do

so they design fixtures in the assembly line, the process of making the whole product, but the end product you see has as little design as possible

ajaymailed

In the zone
I don't get one thing, apple goes patenting shapes, ui features etc, does they hold any real tech patent at all? Eg: Nokia holds so much 4G patents it can stay afloat for years, same goes for motorola, they invent stuff, apple has a big design team and that's all, apple is not an inventor.
they arent the kind of R&D Company which really invents ground breaking changes but know how to buy out/get such inventions, design a product and sell it to people. They are extremely protective about shapes, names, user experience because they probably are Apples most important assets, even more important than iPhone, the physical product. iPhone could well be a piece of metal, but its the Apple which developed entire ecosystem around it has literally poured life into the Phone. Apple may not have invented things but can bring inventions to consumers providing great experience like nobody else.

Last edited:

Hrishi

ISn't there anyone who want to sue apple ??? Seriously Man , Samsung was one thing , but now every other day Apple is doing the same buisness.
They have found another source of income by filing lawsuit for copyright infrignment.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Apple ordered to pay $368 million in patent case - The Economic Times
WASHINGTON: Apple has been ordered to pay $368 million for patent infringement in its use of Facetime, an application that allows for video calls on mobile devices, the plaintiff said Wednesday.

Hrishi

Re: Apple suing Amazon over term "Appstore" claiming "app store" is an Apple trademark

Apple ordered to pay $368 million in patent case - The Economic Times

Looks like its time for Apple to realise that they are not the only ones who can sue.

Trolled . :)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Enough mud slinging.

Apple is a troll and everyone needs to learn :

"Do Not Feed The Trolls"

In this endless troll,counter-troll tennis match there is no actual progress. Apple needs to understand that it is deterring progress and innovation and everyone else needs to take measures so as to not give Apple and excuse to troll them and hinder their progress, that is exactly what Apple wants. Counter trolling will only embolden them (Apple). Like wrestling with a pig in a pig sty, you may be getting dirty but the pig is enjoying it.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
don't hate the players, hate the game, if at all.
the patent office is the biggest culprit here.

Top Bottom