Apple reveals new iPad Mini

quagmire

Allllright !
If benchmarks on AnandTech are to be believed iPad mini has a slightly better performance than Nexus 7 in most cases..

CPU Performance

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51696.png

GPU Performance

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51684.png

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51685.png

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51686.png

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51692.png

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51694.png

Battery Life and Charging

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51362.png

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51363.png

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6429/51699.png

Link

P.S - Even I believed that Nexus was a better performer than malnourished iPad mini, but numbers say otherwise..

Nexus 7 officially retailing for 20k and iPad mini for 22k cant decide which one to buy..

Last edited:
OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@rnianoop If you are more concern about reading files (docs, pdf) and browsing internet. Get iPad Mini 16GB for 21k.
Or if you are concern about lots of free apps and gaming and want to enjoy HD videos in 16:9 frame get Nexus 7 16GB for 19k.

quagmire

Allllright !
@rider .. Actually its other way round .. N7 (ie Google Playstore) has a larger collection of ebooks and also has a higher resolution (optimum for ebooks)..
iPad mini (iOS) has a incomparable lot of tablet optimised apps (including games and free apps)..

For the price iPad looks like a better choice..
Lack of GPS and low resolution display make me rethink my decision..

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@rider .. Actually its other way round .. N7 (ie Google Playstore) has a larger collection of ebooks and also has a higher resolution (optimum for ebooks)..
iPad mini (iOS) has a incomparable lot of tablet optimised apps (including games and free apps)..

For the price iPad looks like a better choice..
Lack of GPS and low resolution display make me rethink my decision..

Resolution and pixels density matters but ipad mini's display can not be tagged as low or poor. It is much better than Nexus 7 in terms of colours quality and viewing angles. For ebooks the wider (ipad mini) view is more suitable and make you able to read more and text appears bigger.
Also in terms of practical use ipad mini is way faster than Nexus 7 because of iOS 6, like you can see this video (from 1:44). Nexus 7 appears laggy to open a pdf (magazine) in comparison to iPad mini. Plus in ipad mini you would get a sharp 5MP camera to take pictures that lacks in Nexus 7.

[Youtube]TZelqrOOtH4[/Youtube]

@rnia +1000.

nexus 10 will be a game changer, it will be bought by many developers, so you can expect good apps soon

Nexus 10 is incredible device for sure but I believe it will be more better in the future. There are no apps that is optimised for such a high resolution in play store.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
next software update, the droid is bound to get slower, the idevice is gonna get more feature s

Top Bottom